Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 03:24:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Sp racing F3 OSD vs Lumier Lux v1

Started by Dippi, Tuesday,August 22, 2017, 10:57:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Dippi

Anyone out there who can guide me a bit on which board is easier and better for a robocat 270mm frame, and also easy to configure and solder or fix.

Cheredanine

The sprf3 doesn';t have an osd, you have been looking at Chinese clone descriptions,
Lux, hands down.
Easier to solder/work on
No silly breakable jst ports.
Spi connection to gyro, not slow i2c

Just better in all resoects

Dippi

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,August 22, 2017, 11:00:57
The sprf3 doesn';t have an osd, you have been looking at Chinese clone descriptions,
Lux, hands down.
Easier to solder/work on
No silly breakable jst ports.
Spi connection to gyro, not slow i2c

Just better in all resoects

Didnt realise this was so small, will take me ages to solder, do i use the header pins or direct solder? do i cut my esc sockets or which is the best way?

Cheredanine

I direct solder the leads from the escs. I don';t want the extra weight of connectors, pins and long wires
But given first build do it however you feel comfortable

Dippi

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,August 22, 2017, 15:27:46
I direct solder the leads from the escs. I don';t want the extra weight of connectors, pins and long wires
But given first build do it however you feel comfortable

Using a ma, what is the first step, should i press the boot button while connecting to betaflight. Is there some step by step guide how to set it up etc. The manual i have is pretty brief

Cheredanine

A ma?
Mac? Always used a pc

But step 1 - just plug it in and see if you can connect to configurator, then move the boards around and make sure the quad moves they way you move the board.

The boot button is only used when you need to put the board in DFU mode to flash new firmware, and mostly not even then, the software normally does it

Dippi

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,August 22, 2017, 15:55:28
A ma?
Mac? Always used a pc

But step 1 - just plug it in and see if you can connect to configurator, then move the boards around and make sure the quad moves they way you move the board.

The boot button is only used when you need to put the board in DFU mode to flash new firmware, and mostly not even then, the software normally does it

Connected to mac, flashed to firmware 3.1.7. The drone moves when i in the computer when i move the board. Should i put some other firmware

ched

3.1.7 should be fine. Make sure the picky of the quad moves the same as the board when the arrow (on board) is pointing forward.
I try :-)

Dippi

Here is a picture, should the magnetometer function not come on?

Cheredanine

This the lux? Don';t think there is a gyro on it, if there is it is not enabled, look at the top - the little green icons, only gyro and mag are enabled.
Does the picture of the quad move the same way as the board when you move it? If so you are fine

Dippi

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,August 22, 2017, 16:34:37
This the lux? Don';t think there is a gyro on it, if there is it is not enabled, look at the top - the little green icons, only gyro and mag are enabled.
Does the picture of the quad move the same way as the board when you move it? If so you are fine

Yes it does, is 3.1.7 firmware ok? Also is there some proper guide on how to?

Cheredanine

3.1.7 is last stable release, 3.2 is now in release candidate stage, has some nice features like dynamic filters but for the momstick with that.
I would think josh bardwell or painless360 on yt would be the best guide

ched

I try :-)

Cheredanine