Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 00:15:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Commercial Agricultural drone use

Started by nate80, Wednesday,August 09, 2017, 14:24:42

Previous topic - Next topic

nate80

My missus operates as an events manager working with a variety of clients including an agricultural media business called Farmers Weekly. She brought the latest F.W. magazines home for me because it featured an article on drone use in agriculture.

It';s not exactly FPV racing but I thought some here might be interested to have a look, so I scanned the main feature.

[attach=1]

hoverfly

Good to see a positive  attitude,  shame it';s not in the mainstream media. :hmm:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

nate80

Yeah, it';d be great to see more positive reporting surrounding multi copters on tv and in the broadsheets.

The weekend just gone I was flying from the garden of my parents place. It';s pretty much surrounded by fields but there are a couple neighbours including the local farmer and his family. When I sent one of my quads up I heard an excited kid shouting, ';Look, there';s a drone';!  Next thing I see is the farmers son and his kid standing by the gate, so I showed them the drone and we got chatting.

He clearly knew about the positive implications drones can have for his families profession and he said they were interested and looking into a drone service that can map their fields.  He said their tractors are already controllable by GPS and that there';s a system being developed where a drone ';watches'; the position of the heavy machinery and can send instructions to each machine so that no vehicle covers ground unnecessarily or uses unnecessary fuel.  The efficiency would save them thousands every year.  He also said that the system would allow for all the machinery to be controlled solely by a drone.  Sounds plausible but still a good few years off I';d imagine.

It was another great example of professional enthusiasm for drones and, from a leisurely perspective, his kid seemed to love drones and FPV racing!   ~~

Here';s another article.

[attach=1]

Bajadre

Really good to read stories like this about drones  ~~
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

guest325

At last, viable applications that would cost a fortune to be done by the old method of sending a helicopter up are coming forward!!!

shawdreamer

£5000 a shot

thats the lowest average cost of sending a plod chopper up everytime some nobba on a illegal scrambler starts ragging it up and down footpaths round ere.

theyd save millions a year nationwide if they';d just consider using high spec multi';s instead.

just consider the pro';s for it,  every rozzer car could have its own drone in the boot, no calling the local rozzer heliport and waiting for half an hour for the chopper to turn up in which time the thieving burglar, nobba scrambler rider or mugger etc has well and truely done a bunk and its a massive waste of cash.

the rozzer could rock up to the call out, get a general idea from on scene witnesses about the likelyhood of the scum being nearby still and send up the drone on a set mission planned search pattern, hopefully locate the tw4t and call other units to corner him/her..... and if by chance they dont spot him.... theyve wasted a battery charge or two, not 5k of my soddin tax money. :rolleyes:
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

hoverfly

It would also cut the cost of those police that like to film people having sex, the last episode must have cost the tax payer a fortune. :whistling:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

betty

Great news for drones which need more promotion.  :smiley: :smiley: