Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,August 26, 2019, 06:19:34

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Andy7:
24 Aug 2019 19:21:05
 ~~
Gaza07:
23 Aug 2019 19:26:42
I agree it does look a lot better for some reasom SMF shorten any recent posts display  :rolleyes:
Andy7:
23 Aug 2019 10:29:15
Nice! Looks loads better.  :beer2:
Gaza07:
22 Aug 2019 22:47:32
Sorted mate  ~~
Andy7:
22 Aug 2019 10:27:36
Sure. But basically, all the subjects are getting cut off.
Gaza07:
21 Aug 2019 18:14:54
Can you pm me a screen shot of what you mean
Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196588
  • Total Topics: 19805
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

It lives...and flies

Started by Col_M, Monday,April 15, 2013, 22:08:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_M

I finally got my quad finished and up in the air today, well when I say up in the air it was too dark to go outside and I wasn';t confident in my flying skills having never touched a RC...well anything before I thought I';d better keep it tethered so it didn';t head for me and chop my head off.
I';m aware that flying close to a surface isn';t the best as my own prop wash will cause me problems but it was just to familiarise myself with the controls.

I';m so chuffed, it was in self-level mode so kind of cheating but all seemed to work well. I can';t wait to get out and practice :)

TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Biffa

Good job :cool:

It';s a great feeling when you make something that flies ~~
Steve

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

DarrellW

Well done, welcome to the fraternity!  ~~  ~~  ~~
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Col_M

Monday,April 15, 2013, 23:13:42 #4 Last Edit: Monday,April 15, 2013, 23:19:13 by Col_M
Thanks guys, it';s great fun isn';t it, now I can see why it';s so addictive lol  ~~

I just played around hovering and got to the end of my first battery, well not 100% to the end, my Turnigy voltage detector started doing the beep to indicate that each cell is 3.25-3.4V but my multimeter says that the pack is 11.3V, so 3.7V per cell. That seems pretty inaccurate to me, though it';s on the cautious side of inaccurate so at least damage won';t be done. Is this normal or have I got a poop voltage alarm?

edit: OK, the reason was the jumper had fallen off the 3S pins and was on my bed, that';s not good, I';ll just have to tape it on to secure it I think.

Gaza07

Looking good be sure to let us see a video when you get it out side  ~~

Col_M

WOW!!!! I took it outside, I didn';t really get outside a 5x5m box in front of me but it was so fun. The quad hovers dead steady with no twitchyness or oscillation, if it wasn';t for a slight breeze I could have taken my thumbs off the sticks (once I managed to keep it at a certain height). Although I was up in the air for quite a while it was more getting my transmitter setup how I like it rather than moving the quad about.

I';ve already learnt so much in the first real flight. I';d seen lots of people recommend adding 50% expo on the pitch and roll, I really hated that, it felt so wooly, however 20% felt good to me. I also found it hard to keep the quad at a stable height bouncing up and down and couldn';t find the point where it would just hover, I was adjusting the throttle travel adjustment but I kept on having to adjust my trim until I got to the endpoint and it wouldn';t go any further which didn';t seem right, turns out you can change the travel adjustment of the upper AND lower travel, I had the throttle stick at the bottom and was changing the lower limit and getting confused why I couldn';t arm the controller again  :whistling: soon worked out that I leave the lower limit as it is and change the upper limit  ~~

Next time should be all about the getting used to flying now my transmitter is feeling better and comfortable  :frantic:

Allanm

Sounds like a good start. My first flight outside, away from the garden, was on a really windy day. Too scared to do anything but keep it tail in, but I had a great time.  You get more adventurous the more you fly, and your confidence grows.
I have a narrow end of a field at the bottom of my garden, reached through trees and a very high pole with all my weather station gear on. I took mine for a flight up the garden and into the field a few days ago. It was a bit windy, getting dark, and I had no way to enter the field quickly if something went wrong.
It was a heart thumping moment guiding it back into the garden, nose in, but it all went well.
A great sense of achievement and cause for a cold Budweiser!
Good luck with your next flight. Keep it high!
Allan

Col_M

Quote from: Allanm on Tuesday,April 16, 2013, 21:32:40
Sounds like a good start. My first flight outside, away from the garden, was on a really windy day. Too scared to do anything but keep it tail in, but I had a great time.  You get more adventurous the more you fly, and your confidence grows.
I have a narrow end of a field at the bottom of my garden, reached through trees and a very high pole with all my weather station gear on. I took mine for a flight up the garden and into the field a few days ago. It was a bit windy, getting dark, and I had no way to enter the field quickly if something went wrong.
It was a heart thumping moment guiding it back into the garden, nose in, but it all went well.
A great sense of achievement and cause for a cold Budweiser!
Good luck with your next flight. Keep it high!
Allan

Absolutely! I can see getting cocky and trying too much too fast will just end in a broken quad. I';ll just aim at having fun and try new stuff one thing at a time when I feel I can give it a go, skill and control will soon come I';m sure. I';m in no rush  :smiley: