Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 02:08:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

It lives...and flies

Started by Col_M, Monday,April 15, 2013, 22:08:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_M

I finally got my quad finished and up in the air today, well when I say up in the air it was too dark to go outside and I wasn';t confident in my flying skills having never touched a RC...well anything before I thought I';d better keep it tethered so it didn';t head for me and chop my head off.
I';m aware that flying close to a surface isn';t the best as my own prop wash will cause me problems but it was just to familiarise myself with the controls.

I';m so chuffed, it was in self-level mode so kind of cheating but all seemed to work well. I can';t wait to get out and practice :)

http://youtu.be/w4BrunPKaK8
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Biffa

Good job :cool:

It';s a great feeling when you make something that flies ~~
Steve

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

guest325

Well done, welcome to the fraternity!  ~~  ~~  ~~

Col_M

Thanks guys, it';s great fun isn';t it, now I can see why it';s so addictive lol  ~~

I just played around hovering and got to the end of my first battery, well not 100% to the end, my Turnigy voltage detector started doing the beep to indicate that each cell is 3.25-3.4V but my multimeter says that the pack is 11.3V, so 3.7V per cell. That seems pretty inaccurate to me, though it';s on the cautious side of inaccurate so at least damage won';t be done. Is this normal or have I got a poop voltage alarm?

edit: OK, the reason was the jumper had fallen off the 3S pins and was on my bed, that';s not good, I';ll just have to tape it on to secure it I think.

Gaza07

Looking good be sure to let us see a video when you get it out side  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Col_M

WOW!!!! I took it outside, I didn';t really get outside a 5x5m box in front of me but it was so fun. The quad hovers dead steady with no twitchyness or oscillation, if it wasn';t for a slight breeze I could have taken my thumbs off the sticks (once I managed to keep it at a certain height). Although I was up in the air for quite a while it was more getting my transmitter setup how I like it rather than moving the quad about.

I';ve already learnt so much in the first real flight. I';d seen lots of people recommend adding 50% expo on the pitch and roll, I really hated that, it felt so wooly, however 20% felt good to me. I also found it hard to keep the quad at a stable height bouncing up and down and couldn';t find the point where it would just hover, I was adjusting the throttle travel adjustment but I kept on having to adjust my trim until I got to the endpoint and it wouldn';t go any further which didn';t seem right, turns out you can change the travel adjustment of the upper AND lower travel, I had the throttle stick at the bottom and was changing the lower limit and getting confused why I couldn';t arm the controller again  :whistling: soon worked out that I leave the lower limit as it is and change the upper limit  ~~

Next time should be all about the getting used to flying now my transmitter is feeling better and comfortable  :frantic:

Allanm

Sounds like a good start. My first flight outside, away from the garden, was on a really windy day. Too scared to do anything but keep it tail in, but I had a great time.  You get more adventurous the more you fly, and your confidence grows.
I have a narrow end of a field at the bottom of my garden, reached through trees and a very high pole with all my weather station gear on. I took mine for a flight up the garden and into the field a few days ago. It was a bit windy, getting dark, and I had no way to enter the field quickly if something went wrong.
It was a heart thumping moment guiding it back into the garden, nose in, but it all went well.
A great sense of achievement and cause for a cold Budweiser!
Good luck with your next flight. Keep it high!
Allan

Col_M

Quote from: Allanm on Tuesday,April 16, 2013, 21:32:40
Sounds like a good start. My first flight outside, away from the garden, was on a really windy day. Too scared to do anything but keep it tail in, but I had a great time.  You get more adventurous the more you fly, and your confidence grows.
I have a narrow end of a field at the bottom of my garden, reached through trees and a very high pole with all my weather station gear on. I took mine for a flight up the garden and into the field a few days ago. It was a bit windy, getting dark, and I had no way to enter the field quickly if something went wrong.
It was a heart thumping moment guiding it back into the garden, nose in, but it all went well.
A great sense of achievement and cause for a cold Budweiser!
Good luck with your next flight. Keep it high!
Allan
Absolutely! I can see getting cocky and trying too much too fast will just end in a broken quad. I';ll just aim at having fun and try new stuff one thing at a time when I feel I can give it a go, skill and control will soon come I';m sure. I';m in no rush  :smiley: