Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 09:40:13

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Crius V2 arming and power issues - PLEASE READ

Started by Jumpy07, Monday,April 15, 2013, 09:12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

barneyg

Unplug the Bluetooth module ... Only one if Bluetooth or USB can be connected at once

Phil1970

Yes! Unplugging the bluetooth module did the trick. This time no time-out messages, the upload was succesfull.

But now I don';t get a green solid and red flashing led, just a solid yellow led. Any ideas?

Phil1970

Update: unplugging lipo and rebooting made it boot normal. Now I have solid green and flashing red.

I';ll do some further tests in Mission Planner and let you know my progress.

Phil1970

Guess what?!

I was able to arm the motors and they are spining like they should, all six in sync.
After 20 secs on zero throttle they disarm though.

You cannot imagine my hapinnes now, my 1500 euro toy finally works.
Now I can do further finetuning of pids etc, maybe tomorrow a first try on the field.

Unplugging the bluetooth module was the golden tip, thanks  for all your help.
I';ll post again soon with the results of my field test.

cgcrute

I';m still waiting on my motors and RX to arrive but I';ve set me UBEC to 6V as recommended (it has options for 5 or 6). I';ve been killing time amusing myself with getting the bluetooth working and playing with Mission Planner.

Everything works fine but the UBEX GPS gets very hot! When I set it to 5V it stays cold. Is this an issue?
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

cdaleguy

If I use a UBEC for power on my Quad should I remove the positive wire from all four ESC BEC connectors?

pheasant_plucker

Quote from: cdaleguy on Sunday,May 11, 2014, 13:23:55
If I use a UBEC for power on my Quad should I remove the positive wire from all four ESC BEC connectors?

Ideally yes.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

SeamusOD

I have just installed a new crius ver2 board on my quad today replacing the HK multiwii aio (same as ver1.1) which has compass issues.

Flashed it using the megapirate flash tool which has worked great on all the ver1.1 boards then uploaded my previous param file in mission planner and re calibrated compass, radio and accel.

After gps locks on the red led double flashes and wont let me arm,
after sitting on the bench it eventually went into a normal single flash and I was able to arm but the motors started up at a low idle and I couldnt atop them.
Re calibrated radio but still wont let me arm, also checked the pwm settings in the full param list and modified them up and down but made no difference.

Got all excited when I seen this thread as I am powering the board with one of the esc';s in the aux power input with jumper removed, so I hooked up a ubec on 6v but made no difference.

Is there a list of what these fault flashes mean? in jumpys guide he mentions the leds but nothing on fault indication.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

pheasant_plucker

The latest firmware does idle the props when armed. I';m not certain why your having intermittent arming issues but you could try disabling the startup checks in mission planner then if it starts ok after that try enabling them one at a time until you find the problem.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

JerryCampbell

Quote from: SeamusOD on Friday,July 11, 2014, 21:41:28
I have just installed a new crius ver2 board on my quad today replacing the HK multiwii aio (same as ver1.1) which has compass issues.

Flashed it using the megapirate flash tool which has worked great on all the ver1.1 boards then uploaded my previous param file in mission planner and re calibrated compass, radio and accel.

After gps locks on the red led double flashes and wont let me arm,
after sitting on the bench it eventually went into a normal single flash and I was able to arm but the motors started up at a low idle and I couldnt atop them.
Re calibrated radio but still wont let me arm, also checked the pwm settings in the full param list and modified them up and down but made no difference.

Got all excited when I seen this thread as I am powering the board with one of the esc';s in the aux power input with jumper removed, so I hooked up a ubec on 6v but made no difference.

Is there a list of what these fault flashes mean? in jumpys guide he mentions the leds but nothing on fault indication.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Two things, One, The double flashing happened to me and I could not figure out how to stop it. I re installed the firmware, erased the eeprom, set up the parameters and every thing was cool.
Second, the motors run slow by default when armed in the newer firmwares. If you don';t want this to happen you need to change the motor startup setting in the full parameter list. The default setting is 70 for slow. Set it to 0 for the motors not to start when armed. I don';t remember the Actual name of the parameter but it';s close to the top of the motor parameters.
good luck
Jerry

SeamusOD

Thanks guys never knew that the latest firmware done that, so being someone who likes what I know from before I decided to re flash with 3.0.1-r4 as used for the other boards and that cured the problems.

Version I had the issues with was 3.1.5-r2 thought it would be better !

Still need to go the power mod route as, my frsky telemetry is beeping at me as I have my A1 alarm set for 4 cell (nimh) packs on my IC planes and the voltage at the receiver is only about 4.8v.
Would prefer to bridge the diode than fit a ubec if possible, just to avoid more wires and lack of 12v out from the Qbrain esc.

paultbg

Hello
Sorry to dig out such an old thread.
I am trying to set up again a Crius AIO extended board with Piratenng.
The problem that i have is that the power on the motors do not go up a certain power (something more than "idle").
I can arm, have the escs calibrated with the radio and the radio with the apm.I am using PPM on pin A8.
The board is powered by the external ubec with the jumper removed.
Tried different flight modes, same thing. It will not throttle enough to fly.
Any ideas, maybe is a hidden setting limiting the throttle?
Please advise if you know.
The very same setup is throttling fine in multiwii.
Regards
Paul

Jurcsik Tomas

Hy all i have a problem with the V2 board i powered it from a ubec 5v the led';s blue red are on and the rx and tx ar on continnuos i can';t arm it and have problems to connect to mp