Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,May 04, 2024, 19:31:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 46
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Minimum throttle setting - how to set it below 25%?

Started by chrispyfur, Thursday,May 25, 2017, 19:25:03

Previous topic - Next topic

chrispyfur

Hi all.

Just a quick one. Is there a way of perhaps CLI setting the minimum throttle to hover to something lower?

My vehicle will be getting some assistance staying in the air from a friendly balloon. 

Thanks!

shawdreamer

I don';t get it?, cant you just either drop your motors to idle (the speed they spin up when armed) or just set them to not spin up atall when armed?

wouldn';t that solve the issue?
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

hoverfly

Quote from: chrispyfur on Thursday,May 25, 2017, 19:25:03
Hi all.

Just a quick one. Is there a way of perhaps CLI setting the minimum throttle to hover to something lower?

My vehicle will be getting some assistance staying in the air from a friendly balloon. 

Thanks!

I would be very careful attaching anything to a quad like a balloon , it might act like a sail, i tried using a quad to release a glider  it took it up no problem but when released the line got tangled up in the props. :whistling:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

shawdreamer

Quote from: hoverfly on Friday,May 26, 2017, 08:28:25
i tried using a quad to release a glider  it took it up no problem but when released the line got tangled up in the props. :whistling:

why didn';t you have the release end on the quad and a reversed hook on the glider?

that way the quad gets clear the moment the release happens and the glider drops the tow as soon as it gains enough forward momentum. :huh
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

chrispyfur

It';s a custom built frame, the "quad" is 1m long and 60cm wide and the two large balloons will sit in the center. See pic.

I';ve not flown this yet, am awaiting motors and I';ll be getting it working without the balloons first.

I expect the wind to be an issue but I';ve built quads that could loiter in 60mph winds (it was at 45 degrees but stable) so I';m sure a little correction for drift isn';t beyond the APM. It';s a fair weather ship though for sure.

When setting up the APM I saw that variable and assumed it meant the throttle wouldn';t drop below that %.

If thats not the case and It will spin them down to arm speed if it senses it';s loitering at a fixed altitude without much motor thrust then it';s fine.

But what is that parameter used for if not a minimum throttle?

Sorry, bit of a noob here, this is all an experiment to try and find an open source flight controller that can handle a hybrid airship...

chrispyfur

ched

Quote from: chrispyfur on Friday,May 26, 2017, 11:10:30
wow, that image looked fine on my phone.....
just needed to click on laptop to view full image.
Looks like an interesting project. Keep us updated on your build.
I try :-)

chrispyfur

Thanks ms for the interest so far, does a home have an answer to my query regarding the minimum throttle parameter?

:)