Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 13:07:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Mqx changed my life!

Started by Allanm, Saturday,April 13, 2013, 16:52:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Allanm

Well, not quite as drastic as that, but it certainly got me more interested in flying RC
Last Christmas, we had the family round and my neice had an almost impossible to fly 2 ch helicopter
We had great fun trying to get it to fly and I was hooked
I bought a Syma 3 channel coax and within a week of flying around the house, I bought a 4 ch fp ( heliguy Atom) and re learnt how to fly. This was quickly followed by a Blade Mcpx and Nano cpx
Much as I enjoyed them, I wasn';t really mastering them and realised that if I bought a larger one, I would need to join a club and my flying time would be restricted. Also, 3d flying didn';t really interest me.
I saw a used Mqx for sale and on impulse, bought it.
Wow.
This thing is just so much fun and easy to fly and would even carry my tiny keychain cam around the garden.
I was really hooked this time. I started looking at bigger quads and drooling over Dji Phantoms and Flamewheels, but couldn';t justify the cost.
So, I decided that I would build one and joined as many forums as I could find to read up on them.
Then, I saw an ad for ready built and flight tested quads, for less than half the price of a Dji unit, and sent my money off.
Within a week I was the proud owner of a Peter King quad, and then the serious money spending started!

So what happened to the Mqx? It';s still regularly flown indoors and outside when the wind drops. It';s very similar to fly to my 450 and I can get a quick fix indoors when the weathers bad ( so, almost every day)
Batteries are cheap and last for ten minutes or more, it';s the best £50 I have ever spent.

So, if anybody is thinking of getting one, just do it, especially if you fancy getting a bigger quad but are not sure how easy it is to fly.

Maybe I will try helicopters again sometime, but for now, quads are more fun.

Allan

p1uke

Hi, I also have an mqx, I bought one along with an mcpx heli last summer as my first models.
I still have both of them, I have used the mqx the most and only thing to break is one of the booms. I';ve let my 5 year old soon loose with it and he is getting the hang of flying it, so I bought him the jp twister quad and he loves it.
Can';t fault them for the price or performance and fun factor.

guest325

I got the Twister quad instead of the mqx, purely on cost and can';t fault it.
It';s probably saved me a fortune by learning to fly with it rather than my 450, best 40 odd quid I';ve ever spent!

Friskle

Even now, with other quads, i love taking the Twister out, its great for 20 mins of flipping about :)
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS