Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 09:14:40

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Recommend a Flexi Antenna

Started by nate80, Wednesday,May 17, 2017, 18:00:55

Previous topic - Next topic

nate80

I';ve heard that the weak point on a soon-to-be-delivered mini racing quad I';ve ordered is its Antenna mount.  The quad (a Walkera Rodeo 15) comes with a solid bee sting style antenna that sticks straight upward on top.  I was wondering if there are any flexible antenna';s that are recommended that could help save the video transmitter from breaking in a crash?  Apparently the standard antenna is so solid it can cause the screw-on terminal on the vtx to be torn off in a crash.

Thanks  :smiley:

Fletch

Ahhh, you will learn that even with a soft antenna they get broken, ripped off, damaged and generally smashed up.

Buy a Skew Plannar from Gav on here, a TBS Triumph or there is a new antanna called a pagonda, that looks fairly easy to repair and cheap to replace

Bajadre

Any chance of putting the vtx in a 3d printed box matey? I did this after ripping a few antennas off immersionrcs etc haven';t had one snap in ages now  ~~

Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

nate80

Quote from: Bajadre on Thursday,May 18, 2017, 03:08:33
Any chance of putting the vtx in a 3d printed box matey? I did this after ripping a few antennas off immersionrcs etc haven';t had one snap in ages now  ~~

Thanks for the good idea bud, but unfortunately I don';t think there';s any free space. The rodeo 150 body is a 3D plastic shell and the VTX sits right below the upper skin with only the screw terminal popping through.  I could disassemble the shell and try and reinforce the terminal somehow though.   ~~

nate80

Quote from: Fletch on Thursday,May 18, 2017, 02:54:38
Ahhh, you will learn that even with a soft antenna they get broken, ripped off, damaged and generally smashed up.

Buy a Skew Plannar from Gav on here, a TBS Triumph or there is a new antanna called a pagonda, that looks fairly easy to repair and cheap to replace

Thanks Fletch, but it';s not the antenna but the VTX I';m concerned about.  The stiff nature of most antenna';s are known to snap the connecting terminal off the Rodeo 150';s VTX board, so I was thinking if a really bendy antenna existed that might help.

Something like this:

I think Fav';s antenna look great and I';d happily buy one, but if they don';t easily bend they';re not really suitable for this requirement.   :smiley:

Fletch

Yeah I understood ... I';ve broken both, and plenty of them both.

I ended up relocating my vtx so that the connection was ';inside'; the quad and the antenna was tywrapped to the top plate, so when you crash it';s only the top part of the antenna  that is exposed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nate80

The Rodeo';s purpose built chassis and shell doesn';t allow for any component relocation unfortunately.  Its either ';super-bendy'; antenna, or just keep replacing the VTX as it breaks I guess.   :-/

I did have one idea: to glue a rubber washer to the casing that tightly clamps the screw terminal of the VTX on the external area of the quad body.  Should provide it with lots of additional strength.

Gav

Can do a bendy antenna no probs and also an intermediate link cable too. Ants are a tenner ea.  Looking into new style protective covers now also. Watch this space

nate80

Cheers for the info Gav.  Sounds good!  I';ll keep an eye on the main site and your sale page for info on the protective cover option.   ~~