Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 13:41:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 26
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Frsky xsrf3e fc

Started by trebor, Thursday,April 27, 2017, 17:59:49

Previous topic - Next topic

trebor

Has anyone used this xsrf3e board before ? I';m trying to set up a flying wing and when connected on bataflight my servos go mad in one direction. I can';t leave them connected too long or they will burn out. Because this board has a small multi pin plug for signal out wires I separated the servo signal wires to the fc multi pin plug and supply / ground wires onto 5v pdb.
I got it to bind with the tx ok, set it up as a wing type in bataflight. I';m puzzled why the servos are slamming over when not even programmed yet.

Doug

Just had one delivered in the post this morning but it is going in a quad

trebor

Let me know how you get on 👍 This is my second plane on frsky, had spektrum before. I had been setting up with TAER so trying to get used to frsky AETR due to an s6r Rx I got before ( long story ) I got confused with the PWM signal outputs on the Xsrf3e. Number 1 signal is on black wire which should be motor on a flying wing. 1/2 motor 3 aileron 4 elevator. Got the servos working but cannot get switches working or elevator which is still trying to behave like ailerons. I want to get used to frsky badly so I can get rid of spektrum stuff. I must be missing somthing as none of my switches are moving anything in baseflight
Ps. The throttle works in baseflight, the Rx throttle moves the bar in recievers settings switch works as well but I can';t get the dam thing working on the plane just with the Tx.

Doug

Probably fit it into the Quad tomorrow and will let you know it shouldn';t be hard.

Which switches do you want and what do you want them to do and I';ll see if I can simulate that for you and help you out with it

I am assuming that you are on EU-LBT firmware and have the taranis set to d16 when you bind

I also suspect that you may not have been in the channel menu on the taranis and enabled the switches can';t help you with that now has I have sold my taranis and moved to a horus which is set up differently

Doug

Doug

ask in the forum if someone can give you guidance on enabling the switches in the model profile

trebor

What is giving me a headache is the setting AETR on the taranis, using the wizard it puts throttle on chan3 in imputs then on mixer chan. Does it matter that the Rx in the fc requires motor on chan 1/2 !! Or is that taken care of when you select AETR on baseflight receiver settings.
Then again I could be sending myself mad.

Doug

ah base flight don';t use that betaflight is what I have and yes setting aetr1234 in the configurator should give you them in the right order on the FC o/p and tell it you have ch 5-8 as auxilaries 1234 you then need to tell the taranis what switch is on ch5 thru 8 which will then appear in the configurator as aux 1-4.

Don';t know how much sense that makes mind I have it all to come

trebor

Maybe I should have got a Naze32 as there';s plenty of info about but I';d need an Rx as well.

Doug

Quote from: trebor on Saturday,April 29, 2017, 19:02:21
Maybe I should have got a Naze32 as there';s plenty of info about but I';d need an Rx as well.

The frsky one is basically an SPRacinfF3EVO controller with the RX integrated and you will find loads of info for that as well plus it is a better FC than a naze as it is an F3 CPU rather than an F1

trebor

I';ve only used an acro Naze and a Kombini before and I didn';t have this trouble with my switches, mind you it was on a spektrum gear and satellite Rx.

trebor

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Saturday,April 29, 2017, 18:43:00
tell it you have ch 5-8 as auxilaries 1234 you then need to tell the taranis what switch is on ch5 thru 8 which will then appear in the configurator as aux 1-4.

Not quite sure about this, never had to do it before. On spektrum if I remember right the switches already worked and you just have to allocate the aux numbers if you get my drift.