Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 16, 2024, 11:58:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Help! Where is INS_MPU6K_FILTER? How to change it?

Started by dfidalgo, Thursday,April 11, 2013, 23:43:27

Previous topic - Next topic

dfidalgo

Hi,

I';m flying a CRIUS AIO megapirate 2.7_R4 quad, and I need to change the INS_MPU6K_FILTER parameter. The problem is that I cannot find this parameter in the Advanced parameters / Parameters List on Mission Planner.
I dont know why, maybe I have done some mistake on the code before upload?

I have the usb port broken on the Crius board, so I dont want upload the code again.

Can I change the INS_MPU6K_FILTER parameter by CLI? How?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

rickp

Not familiar with the megapirate code. I had a quick look in their repo and couldn';t see a tag for 2.7_R4 - but I suspect that it just wasn';t in that release of code. It only appeared in Arducopter in 2.9 I believe.

Someone more familiar with the megapirate code will no doubt be along shortly...

Jumpy07

This is not really relevant to MegaPirateNG unless you are running 2.9+ which is still in beta
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

dfidalgo

Thanks by the reply Rickp, I was suspecting the same.

Jumpy07,  I';m using a gimbal and the  servos are jittering a lot (digital servo). I read someone that had solve that problem lowering the LPF filter (I dont know what version of megapirate was in that case).

Anyway, after a lot of time tweaking the PID';s of my quad, I can say that his flying very well but not perfect, seems to have a strange beaviour sometimes , and I suspect that this beaviour is comes from some vibrations on MPU6050. Changing the value of this filter can solve my gimbal problems and the general flight beaviour, I think.

Regards,

Daniel

Jumpy07

The code in 2.9 + is a lot more effected by vibrations.. not an issue in 2.7 and 2.8..
Altering the filter will have no effect.. on 2.7 and 2.9... if you want to play with it.. you can alter it in Mission Planner (have a look at Arducopter thread for info),   if you are getting inconsistent flying.. then make sure you have a good bit of foam on the baro.

Problem with Servos for gimbal in 2.7 and 2.8 is that the freq is the same as the ESC outputs at 490hz .. so its picky on what servos you use.. personally I went through a few before I found ones that worked..
Also make sure you have set min and max pwm values in mission planner for gimbal servos along with angles..  some trial and error required.. but wrong values can also make gimbal jerky

The MegaPirateNG team are altering the code so that you can set the refresh rate separate for the gimbal servos.. but its not available yet..

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

dfidalgo

I guess the 2.8 have this parameter by default with 42hz, and version 2.9 the default is 20hz. My version is 2.7 and I starts to think that this filter isnt a option  in 2.7, because I dont find the parameter in the Mission Planner, but I dont know.

I flew many multiwiis and all of them flew nicely , better and more stable than this Megapirates/Arducopter, mainly in wind conditions. The quad gets very unstable when yawing.

Gimbal - The freq of RC11 & RC12 are 50hz. The analog servo that I have connected there, works nicely. The digital servo works better on the other channels, but stay constantly "shaking" / jittering a little bit, all the time. I';ll try a analog servo.

P.s.: sorry for my bad english...