Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 13:09:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

MegapirateNG 2.9 R300 issues

Started by geeriff, Sunday,April 07, 2013, 12:24:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Allanm

Yes, I took the plate out last week. I have only had this issue with the plate out, but then again, I had never used Loiter before.

One scary thing I have noticed with 283.....

I tried a quick test flight in my garden with 283. I only tried a hover and moved around a couple of feet. It all seemed very stable and I only used stab mode.
I landed the quad and shut off the motors but forgot to disarm. I had one hand on the quad and turned the TX off. Failsafe activated!  :blink.

OK, I know, I should have disarmed the quad first or disconnected the power before turning off the TX, but with 29r300, once the motors are shut down but not disarmed, i can turn off the TX and nothing will happen.

Good job I had my hand on it.......

Still too windy to fly. This is why Kite surfing is very popular here.....

Allan

peter_a

QuoteGood job I had my hand on it.......

From the pictures I`ve seen of accident with multirotors , it`s a Good job you still have a hand to hold it !!!!

Allanm

Mmm. Nice sharp carbon fibre props too......
Allan

firey1

Quote from: Allanm on Tuesday,April 30, 2013, 15:51:42
.Mike, I have a Multiwii Pro V2 board fitted ( Which I assume is the same as the Crius) Where would I get the Multiwii firmware and which is the most recent stable version?

Allan

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?board=16.0
this is the links to multi wii
in saying that they do not have the issues mega pirate is having but you have to relearn a different interface but then thats all part of the fun lol
on a side note
my frame was a 450 flamewheel clone 4 in 1 esc on bottom plate and control board mounted on 12mm posts on top frame well clear of anything and no metal plates or anything like that to cause interference to compass
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Gaza07

You can find a copy of the latest multi wii v2.2 already set up for the AIOP here http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1762.0  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

powerlord

No one has made any changes to Mpng for over a month now. I reckon it';s dead unfortunately unless someone takes over the mantel
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

Allanm

Thats a shame, forgetting dropping out of the sky the first time I used Loiter, my quad was very stable and worked great.
Oh well, I am using 283 now and that seems ok on a quick test.
Still lusting over a Naza FC and GPS though......

Allan

peter_a

Does multi wii need it`s gps via i2c or can it be with serial on the AIO board ?

Peter

Can be done serial. Same connection. The stable 2.2 has RTL, but stays at same height. There is a fork with proper RTL and failsave. I didn';t test it, using 2.2 for fpv with rush osd on minim odd hardware. I tested 2.8.3 mpng, but could not get it stable. Multiwii stable out of the box. Only some tuning for stable descent.

robshaw

I';ve just spent the whole afternoon in the garden tweaking my megaP 2.9 r6. I flew about 10 lipo packs and performed several 360 degree yaws whilst loitering with no issues at all.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Allanm

I wish mine did that... I used about 4 lipos testing Loiter ( and other modes ) without props after moving the board and recalibating everything I could. First flight out and it dropped as soon as I started to turn CW whilst in Loiter.

283 is ok, but it isnt as rock solid in the wind as r300 was, it tends to drift about more and I dont get the same feeling of confidence. On the plus side, it hasnt disarmed at all, so, thats got to be good.
Allan

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Allanm

I';m using 2.8r3
I originally had 2.9r6 which seemed fine, but I dont ever recall using loiter. I upgraded to 2.9r300 after people with r6 reported disarming mid-flight.
First time I tried Loiter ever was with r300 and it disarmed. I have been able to recreate it occasionally on the desk and a couple of days ago when flying, though, thankfully only a metre up over soft grass.
2.8r3 seems very stable so far, but its too windy here to do further testing.
As soon as the wind drops I';ll take a few lipos out with me and go through all the modes.
Shame, I really liked r300.
Allan

Allanm

Well, after an afternoon of loading and reloading software, I have a nice stable quad now, though, unfortunately not flying 2.9.
I reinstalled 2.9r300 and reinstalled all the params. First few flights were fine using all modes and I thought I had cracked it. Then, suddenly while in Loiter again, it disarmed. Again, I was only a few feet up and it landed safely ( this Trex 600 landing gear is very bouncy).
So back to the drawing board and I reloaded 283, levelled , declination set, esc';s recalibrated, all flight modes reset and loaded, radio calibrated and as the wind has eventually dropped, took it for a few flights where it behaved impeccably.

I really hope someone comes along to further develop 2.9, it has some great features, but for now, I will stick with 283.

I am also building a new 550 size hex, so I can safely sell my quad to help fund it, now I know it flies perfectly.

Allan

fruitsalad

thats why i went to multiwii,i read too many probs for my liking
i wanna fly the thing not worry its going to drop out the sky.
then fix the damn thing,then something else goes wrong..
not worried about waypoints etc,i can do that with android app (ezgui)for multiwii if i need it..
thats my two pennies anyway.. ::)
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

bulesz

Quote from: Allanm on Friday,May 03, 2013, 09:53:03
...this Trex 600 landing gear is very bouncy....

yééé, the TREX 600 landing skids are very nice! ;) I';m using them for my F330 with success.

firey1

yes i do like the 600 skids as well nice strong and not too heavy and gives me good clearance for battery
MIKE

F450 quad
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

robshaw

firey1

MIKE

F450 quad

peter_a

firey1

MIKE

F450 quad

barneyg

or you can get the source here :

https://code.google.com/p/megapirateng-add-ons/

I might give this a try myself but I took out my Crius v2 with MultiiWii today, it has to be said it flew brilliantly ... much "better" than Megapirate 2.8.3 or 2.9.1r300 without any tuning, more stable, less twitch, almost no trim needed unlike MegaPirateNG.

The thing I couldn';t get working is RTH or POS Hold - The thing was all over the place.

peter_a

I`ve flattened my battery testing it out, and it`s much better for me.
It`s the first time i`ve had a couple of seconds with hands free hover on stabalise , I`ve mount the board on felt pads and foam double sided tape , so may have cut down the vibrations too , but may have made some new ones with the wind crashing me into the washing line pole which as chipped the prop a little , hope it`s not bent the shift with the drop on a motor .

Allanm

Just when I had it flying nicely on 28r3.....
Mike, let me know how you get on with it, if it stops the thing turning into a gravity experiment, I will try the new software...

Allan

firey1

Quote from: Allanm on Tuesday,May 07, 2013, 18:29:59
Just when I had it flying nicely on 28r3.....
Mike, let me know how you get on with it, if it stops the thing turning into a gravity experiment, I will try the new software...

Allan

Hi Allan
I have uploaded it last night and will try it out tonight and see how it goes and keep you posted on results
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

Ive still not had a problem with 2.9 r6, flew 3 packs today on Southend beach today... But all these stories about dropping out the sky have made me nervous so I will also have a go at this new version. Probs stick it on tonight for some flying tomorrow. 

firey1

Quote from: robshaw on Tuesday,May 07, 2013, 20:00:12
Ive still not had a problem with 2.9 r6, flew 3 packs today on Southend beach today... But all these stories about dropping out the sky have made me nervous so I will also have a go at this new version. Probs stick it on tonight for some flying tomorrow.

Thanks for the file you sent Rob but i couldnt get it to load for some reason when i try i keep getting a failed connection even when i tried doing peters file through mission planner i got the same results  so downloaded the original file from the wiki page and uploaded through ardunio and all worked
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

Thats weird.  Ive uploaded it to my board a few times now with no issues.  Have you uploaded Peters modified file yet?

firey1

Quote from: robshaw on Tuesday,May 07, 2013, 20:24:34
Thats weird.  Ive uploaded it to my board a few times now with no issues.  Have you uploaded Peters modified file yet?

yeah tried that as well and wouldnt work either not sure if its a prob with my board or mission planner
followed petes steps from his video but would always fail on connection to board
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

Thats strange.  I got my first quad from peter and so the crius board im using at the moment is from him but i also have another one which I flashed with peters file and it worked ok.  Is yours a v2 (not that it should matter)?