Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 10:15:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

MegapirateNG 2.9 R300 issues

Started by geeriff, Sunday,April 07, 2013, 12:24:27

Previous topic - Next topic

geeriff

I just re-flashed my Crius v2 to mpng 2.9 r300 and my gps  would not lock anymore - green light on board keeps on flashing.
Erased the eeprom and re-flashed back down to 2.8 r4 and gps works fine and locks again ???
Also in both revisions i get a problem when trying to set the system stabilisation - when it asks you to lay flat, turn on rh side etc....
Any ideas anyone please ?

Srocupado

What version ofission planner are you using ? You must use at least the 1.2.36, since the acc calibration method and max values changed.
About gps, have you changed it on apm_config.h to ublox ? Usually the first time after the flash will take longer to get a fix. What status you get on mission planner ? No gps fix or no gps ?

geeriff

mission planner ver 1.2.40 mav 1.0
I did change to ublox in config_h

Really strange as I am back to my old 2.8 r4 and gps locks to 4 sats inside my lounge :) but will not get an lock even after 15 minutes with 2.9 r300.

robshaw

Calibration is a bit flaky the new way. Doesn';t work for me either. If you go to the terminal and type setup AMD hit enter. Then type level and press enter. Obviously whilst its sitting on a level surface. Hey presto.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

geeriff

Thanks a lot for that one - another new trick learned :)
I only know about the old "manual" method = hold throttle down and left for 15 seconds with model level and red & amber lights will flash on/off 2 or 3 times and revert to normal. Thats it levelling done.
I just wanted to do it all through mission planner - it just seems much more fun that way :)

Still got an issue with my gps not locking with 2.9 r300 Grrrrr

Gaza07

One thing you have to remember about firmware that has been downloaded from the SVN is that it is beta test code that has not been fully tested and released to the public by the coder so it could have some nasty bugs,
There is nothing wrong with running this code as long as you realise it could do weird things and cause a nasty crash and its no good blaming the coder after you use it at your own risk with the knowledge that it is not finished ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

geeriff

Well spoken Gaza.... I will stick with your trusted firmware until Sir Alex releases a full and approved version.
Pity though as I had heard that thos who ahve tried it are raving about how stable it is....
Patience is a virtue I guess :)

Gaza07

Its all Alex';s firmware I havent written any thing, I wish i could  :rolleyes:  ~~
I have seen quite a few good report about the current version or 2.9 and I might give it a try my self  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Allanm

If its any help, I have 2.9r300 on my quad and I get a gps lock in about the same time as 2.9r6 did.
I havent noticed any negative issues with the new firmware, in fact I was very impressed with RTL. It now approaches at a nice steady speed and lands very accurately. Everything else seemed nice and smooth and stable.

Allan

geeriff

ok thanks for the vote of confidence. maybe I will erase the eeprom, reload and try again.
I will post my results after my new attempt :)

firey1

Word of warning
the problem of motors stopping mid flight has still not beeen totally sorted
about 10-15 reports so far this month after R300
most common loss is when changing to loiter or auto modes

Mike
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Allanm

Mine fell out of the sky last night when it was in loiter. I was yawing to the left very slowly when all the motors stopped  :blink.
I think I will be downgrading to 283 till this "feature" is resolved.
Allan

firey1

yes Alan mine also fell out of sky too while switching to loiter (broken arm )
I have changed mine back to 2.8
MIKE

F450 quad
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Allanm

My quad originally disarmed midflight when I yawed slowly to the left whilst in loiter.

I have been running the quad on the desk ( with no props) in and out of all flight modes with no problems. ( Still running 2.9r300) Today, I tried again. Ran through all the flight modes then back into loiter. I yawed to the left again and the motors disarmed. LED A was flashing and would not re arm till I recycled power, exactly the same as my original crash.

One thing I did do different was to hold the quad in the air and turn it while I applied left rudder and it cut out.
I have tried again but couldn';t get it to disarm this time.

Allan

Ross

A few years ago no one would touch a BETA version of Internet Explorer due bugs.
So why try a BETA version of MP before its sorted?
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

robshaw

That';s not entirely true Ross. I used to be chomping at the bit for new versions of IE and anything else so would happilly give BETA versions a go. Only difference with IE is you can just roll it back. It doesn';t result in a smashed quad.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Allanm

Has anybody come up with a fix for the motor disarming? I contacted Peter King who suggested I downgraded to 283 till this was sorted and he also said he thought the compass was causing it.
I have re calibrated the compass in Mission Planner, it is definitely far more accurate now, and I have been running the quad without props going through the same sequences as before when I got the motors to disarm regularly, and haven';t had a failure yet.
Still too scared to put props and fly it properly yet though!
Allan

firey1

the rumor out there is that Alexi has stopped working on mega pirate and gone to work on another board so unless someone else takes it up it may never be fixed

was interesting about he compass conflicting with  gps data when you have auto declination ticked it does make sense to me

also if you look at config file for gps in r300 it already has gps ublox defined then straight underneath it has
// gps_none
then then the command line  /* for the list of options

im not sure on code but could this be causing a conflict as well

Mike
MIKE

F450 quad

peter_a

// just means a that the line is a comment so is ignored  ,  the only working part is the define statement and what follows.

Hope it is rumor , and that megapirateNG is still been worked on , or I may have to replace my AIO broad .

firey1

Quote from: peter_a on Monday,April 29, 2013, 19:30:52
// just means a that the line is a comment so is ignored  ,  the only working part is the define statement and what follows.

Hope it is rumor , and that megapirateNG is still been worked on , or I may have to replace my AIO broad .

Yeah I know what you mean about that i just ordered a apm 2.5 board to replace the crius will use the crius for the sons quad with the 2.8
Alexi hasnt replied to any issues since last month in regards to the mega pirate
MIKE

F450 quad

firey1

An interesting comment from the mega pirate issues

Well i think i got the same problem. Crius all in one v1.1: MegaPirateNG_2.8_R3

I got it on video!

http://youtu.be/kxvGvuRCu60

I was flying FPV in ';Loiter';  mode. Suddenly in the aire all 4 motors stopped working...
It look likes it was disarming itself fore some no ****** damn reason :P
This is not and tx/rx issue i have it programmed for failsave.

A lot of dammage :(

Hope you guys can help me out, i was planning to use this drome on a event. But i dont trust flying this quad anymore.
MIKE

F450 quad

Allanm

Thats a bit worrying, I was going to downgrade to 283 till I saw that comment on the MegapirateNG board. I may leave it as it is and do some low altitude testing on r300 to see if the compass calibration stopped the disarming.
Failing that, I might have to save up for a Naza M board.....

Allan

firey1

Hi Allan
the other option could be to change to multi wii for the crius board
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

Ive been running 2.9 r6 for some time now with no issues.

firey1

Hi Rob
is it possible to email the r6  so i can give it a try

mcgillen@hyper.net.nz

Cheers
Mike
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

No probs mate. Only trouble is I';m not at my PC now. Will be back home in 3 or 4 hours. Will do it then.

firey1

thanks for that Rob  :beer2:
im about to head for bed so all good
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

Allanm

I had another reply from Peter, he is convinced the compass is getting interferance that causes the disarm.
So, armed with instructions to raise the board  to 15mm above the bottom plate and run through compass calibration again, ( I also levelled the quad and calibrated my radio again) I took it for a flight.
Nice controlled lift off, into loiter and yaw left. Instant disarm and drop to the floor, luckily I was over grass and only about a metre up so no damage.
I have just downgraded to 283 and will wait for the wind to drop a bit before I try again.
Quote from: firey1 on Tuesday,April 30, 2013, 08:49:32
Hi Allan
the other option could be to change to multi wii for the crius board
Mike, I have a Multiwii Pro V2 board fitted ( Which I assume is the same as the Crius) Where would I get the Multiwii firmware and which is the most recent stable version?

Allan

robshaw

Have you seen Peters most recent YouTube video about removing the mild steel plate that he fits to the base of the crius to reduce vibration? He thinks its causing compass interference. I removed mine today and flight is actually a bit worse!! :-( Left it off anyway. Still not experienced the disarm problem and loiter is pretty stable. Not calibrated compass tho....