Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 16:14:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 17
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

MegapirateNG 2.9 Beta

Started by jimbo385, Saturday,April 06, 2013, 16:32:38

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo385

Ok,

This may be a silly question but how does one download the 2.9 latest beta of MegapirateNG?

I can find the location of all the files in the SVN folder but no way of getting the code onto my PC!

Thanks.

Jim
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

fruitsalad

youll find all the info here on mochaboy from rc groups blog.
theres a vid tells you how and what you need..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=110830
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Gaza07

Download tortoise svn and install it, once installed make a folder called svn in my documents or where ever you like, right click on that and select create svn,
after its created the svn files go into the folder and create another new folder   megapirateng-read-only put a space in front of the m of megapirate so the name starts with a space,
then right click on that folder and select  SVNCheckout and copy paste this into the top http://megapirateng.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
It should then fill the folder with the current beta files  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

jimbo385

I knew there was a reptile involved somewhere!

Cheers Gaza.
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

BadgerG

This won';t work for me I keep getting the 2.8 r3 version not the 2.9 beta,

Toledodave

Badger..they never released 2.9 officially. Its only obtainable through an SVN downloader or somebody that has it can email it to you that has SVN setup.   Tortoise was mentioned by Gaza and is also what I used.  I have and am currently flying with 2.9.1 addons.

BadgerG

Okay I was able to download it but not sure if it is the version without sonar code because adding the Bluetooth module causes the two speed controller to initialize slowly and the other two to just beep.  :(

Toledodave

Badger,  im not sure about anything bluetooth. I use 3dr telemetry. But I can tell ya that sonar has been removed since 2.7r3.  You can still see scripting but developing has stopped. They left the scripting for open souce people to tinker. As far as I know Arducopter still supports it. They have found they can be just as accurate with accellerometer feeling movement and Borometer. Knowing Baro doesnt support low flying but neither does the hobby. Safety factors im sure.

BadgerG

Thanks for the reply. Well then I have some work ahead of me to figure out why this thing is so bogged down with the BT connected. :hmm:

Toledodave

BadgerG

Crius AIOP v1.1.

Thought I would add alittle more because I have had a major set back. While trying to get MP 3.01 R4 to calibrate my speed controller the two that just beep start to smoke and burn. One of the remaining speed controller is non responsive. So I am waiting for new speed controllers. I have rechecked all my wiring with the remaining speed controller and all the wiring from the battery to the motors works fine. So I am at a loss to what is going on. :shrug:

Oh BTW I was able to get 2.91 uploaded and flying good until I added the BT module.

Toledodave

Badger....are you trying to calibrate your ESCs through your Flight Controller? ( while ebecs are connected to FC?

Also:which port are you plugging into for Bluetooth? 
And with 3.0.1 is that megapirates and his Flash Tool?  I dont remember his tool supporting BT settings.

BadgerG

Quote from: Toledodave on Thursday,March 20, 2014, 11:35:47
Badger....are you trying to calibrate your ESCs through your Flight Controller? ( while ebecs are connected to FC?

Also:which port are you plugging into for Bluetooth? 
And with 3.0.1 is that megapirates and his Flash Tool?  I dont remember his tool supporting BT settings.

I have done the calibration both through the FC and plugging into the throttle port of the receiver. I connected the BT to s0 i think. Yes it was megapirates w/flashtool.

barneyg

Can you post a close up picture of the connection between the AIOP and the BT module - please include both ends of the connection either in one picture or two :)

I';ve had MPNG 2.8 working fine with AIOP and BT ... that said I switched to MW as it gave me much superior flight characteristics and I didn';t need mission planning type abilities.

Toledodave

Badger...from reading others troubles I wouldnt try going through the FC. You will want to calibrate them one at a time throught the RX throttle for sure in order to set correct min/max throttle on the Esc';s.  Im not home to verify atm...but I dont think the 3.0.1 is easily configurable. 2.9.1 may be last chance to edit sketch for your BT.   3.0.1 is all new generation sketch.

Toledodave

BadgerG

Quote from: Toledodave on Thursday,March 20, 2014, 17:21:41
Maybe this will help :/

Actually the BT module works fine. It';s my speed controller that were having troubles. They wouldn';t initialize properly with the BT module connected. And since then I fried three of them trying to get Megapirate 3.01 R4 running. I ordered some Afro 20 amp speed controllers and are waiting for them to arrive. I have dropped back to MP 2.8. Tried MP 2.9.1 r300 but GPS doesn';t work at all. My current problem is trying to get the CLI to work without plastering my screen with garbage characters.

Toledodave

Hmm...not sure why you would have gps issues on 2.9. I just loaded 2.9 on a whitespy pro 2 board with mtk gps and it works fine for me :/    I dont understand what correlation your BT and Escs have in common. Doesnt make sense to me is all.

BadgerG

Quote from: Toledodave on Sunday,March 23, 2014, 15:22:39
Hmm...not sure why you would have gps issues on 2.9. I just loaded 2.9 on a whitespy pro 2 board with mtk gps and it works fine for me :/    I dont understand what correlation your BT and Escs have in common. Doesnt make sense to me is all.

Makes no sense to me either. Well I have 4 new speed controller coming in tomorrow, so I will let you know what happens. Hopefully  these Afro 20 amp speed controllers work out okay and don';t have the problem the Turnigy TY-P1 25Amp HEXFET ones did at initialization time on my quad. If they do then I am back to unplugging the BT module until the speed controllers initialize and then plugging it in.  :angry: