Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 10:39:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Littlebee pro and littlebee s

Started by TwoFourty, Monday,December 19, 2016, 21:20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoFourty

Alright guys, long time no see, so i decided to maoe my comeback to hobby and fix my quad and get flying again. I am rocking a set of littlebee pro 20 escs. One of them gave up, so i bought a new one. And of course, clumsy me, o bought a wronv one. I got littlebee 20a-s esc. The question is, can i plug ot in and have fun, or i should get a set of identical ones?

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

atomiclama

It';ll work and you will have fun.

Not ideal though.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

TwoFourty

That sounds awesome. But if we get into more detail, anyone knows what';s the difference between them?

Cheredanine

There may be slight differences in thrust but e FC will compensate way faster than you are likely to notice.

If you get the chance convert all to blheli_s - miles better than blheli, and then the next step is dshot.

I have a quad with mixed escs, flies fine.

Ps welcome back :)

Jazzz

Do the littleBee 30 amp S work with pwm and also can they be programmed through the
Naze flight controller like the normal littleBee.
Or would the normal 30 amps be best .?

Cheredanine

Quote from: Jazzz on Wednesday,December 21, 2016, 21:45:36
Do the littleBee 30 amp S work with pwm and also can they be programmed through the
Naze flight controller like the normal littleBee.
Or would the normal 30 amps be best .?
blheli_s escs support PWM, oneshot125, oneshot42 and multishot, as well as dshot150, dshot300 and dshot600 although the last three may need caps removed from the signal line)
But TBH if your FC is not capable of a better protocol than PWM then just stick to blheli

Jazzz

Quote from: Cheredanine on Wednesday,December 21, 2016, 22:18:56
blheli_s escs support PWM, oneshot125, oneshot42 and multishot, as well as dshot150, dshot300 and dshot600 although the last three may need caps removed from the signal line)
But TBH if your FC is not capable of a better protocol than PWM then just stick to blheli
Thanks both S and normal are both the same price ...ill go for the s if they still have eny left

Cheredanine

More concerned with why you using PWM mate, this for a fixed wing or something?

Jazzz

Quote from: Cheredanine on Wednesday,December 21, 2016, 23:07:05
More concerned with why you using PWM mate, this for a fixed wing or something?
I think it';s pwm one wire to each channel . I still only use an old dx6i I';ve had for years
That came with a Rx that only does pwm and I';ve just bought the same Rx for my other quads to make life simple its an AR 6100e I';ve only ever had trouble with them when flying fpv . Line of sight there fine

Cheredanine

Quote from: Jazzz on Thursday,December 22, 2016, 06:00:05
I think it';s pwm one wire to each channel . I still only use an old dx6i I';ve had for years
That came with a Rx that only does pwm and I';ve just bought the same Rx for my other quads to make life simple its an AR 6100e I';ve only ever had trouble with them when flying fpv . Line of sight there fine
:) your description of PWM is correct mate, however if there is a flight controller involved, I.e. You are flying a quadcopter, then PWM as you describe it is between the reciever and the flight controller, the signal between the flight controller and the esc can be, and usually is, completely different. It is entirely independent of the reciever and there are very good reasons for running a faster protocol that PWM.
On the other hand if you are talking about a flying wing for example without a flight controller where the reciever signal feeds straight to the esc then PWM is pretty unavoidable

TwoFourty

Alright. Back to problems again. I checked pdb, it was playing a bit funny so it got replaced. And now, motors spin up kinda at the same time. Thrust looks better on arm #1, but some times it doesn';t spin. I have to arm quad a few times to get it spinning. It flies a bit better, dont wobble as much as before, but still does. It is getting a bit frustrating so i have a plan to just bin all escs and motors and just get a fresh set, lol. I know it sounds stupid, but i can';t think of any other solution :/

TwoFourty

okay. not such a bad result after all. guys, i think it';s alright. the thing is, i had my pids kinda tuned, and now i shaved some weigh, added go pro on top of it, so pids that quad uses are totally useless. i took go pro away, everything is way smoother, but still some wobble. another thing is that i am testing it angle mode in living room. gonna charge all my lipos, and take it outside tomorrow. my fpv camera is not working (what a surprise) so i will have to do tuning in LOS. God, i hate acro mode in LOS.  any tips for that? and maybe somebody could send me a link how to tune pids properly? i know, that firt i have to tune p than i and lastly d.  but i got no clues, what kinda manuevers i should do? like some punch outs or checking p?

TwoFourty

Okay. Today a had loads of time to sort everything and detect my problem. So as i thought. Esc was the problem. And the one with blheli s didn';t work as the others. I even swapped fc, swaped motors, and finally, when i moved the esc to another arm, problem moved aswell. Just ordered identical littlebee pro. I really hope, thats gonna be the end. So tired of fixong this thing and not beeing able to get a decent flight.

Cheredanine

TwoFourty

Oneshot125? If you are asking about this. I don';t know so much detail about all my parts xD just today i discovered that i can use my fs ia6b receiver on ibus. I know it';d better, no idea why, but still switched to sbus instead of ppm, lol.

Cheredanine

Something squiffy going on then mate, both esc types work with os125. Once calibrated should work fine, any slight difference in power, which would probably not be noticeable to you, would be picked up by the gyro and the fc would correct for.
That esc should work fine, problem is either duff esc (bit of a coincidence) duff motor, duff esc pads on the fc or pdb or bad wiring still

(The sbus/ibus/ppm is how the reciever talks to the flight controller, doesn';t effect the esc choice)

TwoFourty

Mptors are alright now, o bought a new one, replaced it, nothing changed, so i got a spare one. I swapped the fc with an old naze32 and the problem still was there. Only when i swapped the esc with the one on a different arm, the problem was gone on arm #1 and moved to arm #3. I recalibrate escs like 5 times a day now xD