Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 21:27:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

The new Motors

Started by steve fh, Saturday,April 06, 2013, 11:21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

steve fh

Well the MT2814 770kv  with 11x5 Xoar props arrived from Electriflight yesterday and are now in their new home

They have just had a brief flight with everything as it came out of the box to see how vibration compared on the same camera set up as before and there is a good improvement  :smiley:

Tired TBS750   direct mounted fs3

New Tiger MT2814  test with MT2814 and Xoar 11x5

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

steve fh

Just flew out a full Lipo.

First impressions:

less wind sensitivity

smoother flight

lost just over 1 min of flight time (motors add weight)

next to no wobble descending though own prop wash

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

steve fh

Just tried with the gimbal

old motors  Prop Failure on Curry Moor

new motors Gimbal test MT2814 Xoar 11x5 high gains

time for a better camera............ :rolleyes:
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

Gaza07

Good job your prop didn';t fail over the water, the second video is clearly much better than the first one  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

steve fh

Quote from: Gaza07 on Saturday,April 06, 2013, 14:25:40
Good job your prop didn';t fail over the water,  ~~

my thoughts exactly
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

VinHex

Steve have you balanced the props?? I use xoars 12x6 they can be way out even on a precision pair..

You can';t beat wood against carbon just looks wicked..
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

steve fh

Quote from: VinHex on Saturday,April 06, 2013, 18:13:53
Steve have you balanced the props?? I use xoars 12x6 they can be way out even on a precision pair..

You can';t beat wood against carbon just looks wicked..

No I just stuck them on as I wanted a direct comparison out of the box.

Jeremy at Electriflight recommended 11x5 based on my TOW of around 2kg have you tried many prop variations ?

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

SimonS

Looking at your second video it seems that most of the vibration is from the quad not the motors. What flight controller are you using?

Here is a video of my Hexa with the same motors as you.  The props have been blade balanced but not the hubs.  The motors are straight out of the box. The controller is a Naza with GPS.  First section in GPS, second in ATTI.

Quick Demo

SimonS

Forgot to mention these are the el-cheepo 11x4.5 from Jeremy.

steve fh

Quote from: SimonS on Saturday,April 06, 2013, 18:31:29
Looking at your second video it seems that most of the vibration is from the quad not the motors. What flight controller are you using?

I';m using Naza.

In both of today';s flight clips I have the basic gains wound up quite high still from testing set ups the other evening and it was more breezy than it looks.

I was thinking that i';ll need to back off the basic gains to around default for smoother softer flight when filming to stop it fighting the wind so much.

The RCtimer gimbal also has too much flex which amplifies any vibration as well. I plan to beef it up a bit

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

SimonS

That video of mine was with the GoPro hard mounted to the Hexa. The only damping is the GoPro sticky pad. Try a video of a flight with the camera on the quad rather than the gimbal.

The Naza settings on the Hexa are irrelevant as it is so much heavier but on my Discovery i am running so setting that I got from Iceman on FPVhub.

You need to work with all the gains but keep the vertical and basic gains down whilst increasing the ATTI gains. Yaw can be pretty much be ignored as it controls Yaw response only. On my TBS Disco Pitch/Roll % around 110-115% work well, Yaw 140% ( I like a bit of Yaw response) vertical particularly seems to degrade flight performance in favour of hovering. Something around 90-95% is a good start point. Now whack those ATTI gains UP 180% as it increases reaction to the controls.

If you feel its a little lively add some expo into your TX to smooth it out. You now should have something thats capable of flying around rather than just hovering whilst still being smooth and responsive.

Try it and see.

steve fh

Thanks.  I';ve seen that article before, quite ineresting.

Until the other day i had basic gains at default and atti at 170 and it was flying well. Messed about with the gains the other evening and ended at 150 on basic pitch and roll with atti at 160. These settins made it very resposive and more like multiwii. But i was only hovering about.

This evening i';ve gone back to default basic gains and it';s much nicer in forward flight.

Lower basic gains also seem to give better lipo duration which i';m assuming is due to it not fighting so hard to be mm perfect in position hold
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

steve fh

I';ve tried some changes this afternoon and now have the basic gains at 70% on pitch and roll with atti gains at 170

I need the wind to die down to get comparable footage to yesterday but back to back in the wind the lower gains are giving smoother filming.

The quad is pushed about a bit more by the wind at these low gains but still feels very controllable.
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.