Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 10:38:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

betaflight vbat problem

Started by Adamfmiller, Sunday,January 08, 2017, 08:38:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamfmiller

hello i have an eachine wizard arf and i have just bought a buzzer for it and have been trying to set it up, but when i go into the betaflight app (quad flashed to 3.0.1) and plug my battery in i get no volt reading so i cant get any reading to set up volt scale and im guessing vbat warning wont work either as its receiving no volt reading.
does anyone know how i can get it to read the volts of battery.
the only thing i have changed on flight controller is iv soldered the buzzer to it everything else is stock, in beta flight i have tried to change vbat from esc sensor to adc sensor but that did nothing and i can get a reading from the current meter if i switch that on. my guess is need to make a connection between something as on flight controller there are a + and - pad for soldering that says vbat underneath but what do i connect them to and advice or help would be greatly appreciated

many thank adam

Elmattbo

I';m not familiar with the fc but it sounds like the battery isn';t connected to it (hence the vacant vbat pins). Wait until someone with specific knowledge confirms, but I reckon the first step is connecting the battery to those pins.
If it';s the beecore fc then even with vbat connected you won';t get a battery warning running betaflight. It senses it, but doesn';t do anything about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

Cheredanine

I believe the wizard has a naze32 (please correct me if I am wrong)

The naze is powered by.a 5v supply

In order for the flight controller to work out the voltage it needs its voltage sensor connected

The voltage sensor requires batter voltage and ground to be connected to the vbat pads. These are, from memory, at the bottom right of the board and labelled +vbat- you need to solder a wire from a point with battery voltage to the + and ground to the -, typically this is done from the xt60 pigtail solder points.
Note this will not power the board, it still needs powering from the 5v supply

You the make sure vbat is enabled on the config page and calibrate it by changing the weight until the voltage sensor on the board matches the battery voltage

The whole thing is identical to battery sensor in cleanflight

Adamfmiller

Ok thanks the board that came with mine is a sp racing f3, so I need to connect a wire straight from the bottom of battery connector to vbat on FC does it matter about wire thickness

Cheredanine

Yes on the sprf3 the vbat headers are on the left side of the board, you should connect ground and +, the wire size is pretty unimportant since is is not really drawi any amps, the power is very low

Adamfmiller

sweet ill crack on with it then thanks again buddy thats twice you';ve saved my bacon this week lol