Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 09:32:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

210 build list - any problems?

Started by ched, Sunday,June 25, 2017, 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

This is a list of my proposed components for my build. I am on a budget and not going for out and out speed. Hoping it will be ok to learn acro.
Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Frame    Realacc x210 Pro 4mm (35mm stand off)      £27.18 AliEx
AntiV   RealAcc m3x7                     £2.25 AliEx
Motors    RacerStar br2205 2300kv            £22.92 AliEx
Esc      RacerStar 30a 4 in 1 with 5v3A regulator   £33.06 AliEx
FC      Omnibus F4 Pro V3 (blackbox & OSD)      £21.36 BangG
VTX      Eachines VTX03 + pigtail               £9.02 AliEx +pigtail
FPV Cam   RunCam Split with GoPro Lens            £57.03 RunCam
RX      FlySky x6b                     £7.99 AliEx
Prop   KingKong 5040 3 blade x20               £5.53 BangG
Antenna   Pagoda II                        £6.36 GearB
Batt   DroneLabs 1500mAh 4S 50-100C x2         £31.98 RadioC

Total                                    £224.68
I try :-)

TheJackal

I';m in the process of putting together an X210 V+ and I am wondering if you will have room to fit the Split ontop of the 4in1 and FC with a receiver and vtx in there too.
As you can see in my pic the camera mount sits over the front edge of the 2 layer stack.
Might be worth going with a longer body frame?

I';m only a noob with my first build so I may be mistaken. I just know how tight mine is with just a receiver and vtx to go in there.

ched

Quote from: TheJackal on Sunday,June 25, 2017, 16:04:36
I';m in the process of putting together an X210 V+ and I am wondering if you will have room to fit the Split ontop of the 4in1 and FC with a receiver and vtx in there too.
As you can see in my pic the camera mount sits over the front edge of the 2 layer stack.

I';m only a noob with my first build so I may be mistaken. I just know how tight mine is with just a receiver and vtx to go in there.
Just noticed the stack height might be an issue. Looking at a Martian 3 frame as camera mount doesn';t seem issue plus dont need the go pro mount on x210. Only problem is Martian 3 is a little heavier and not true X not that I will notice that anyway. On the plus the Martian is cheaper!!
I have been watching your build, looking nice.

ched

Quote from: TheJackal on Sunday,June 25, 2017, 16:04:36

Forget to say the x210 Pro has 35mm standoffs and obviously appropriate camera brackets. You can buy these parts of AliExpress if the extra 5mm would help?

Hozza

Well if your having 30a esc';s and pushing 5040 triples you can definitely look at 2600kv motors, also be careful of the BG Omnibus FC a couple of mates I know have had failures after several flights, I';m growing fond of the DYS F4 FC thats only a few quid more.

ched

Quote from: Hozza on Sunday,June 25, 2017, 19:28:38
Well if your having 30a esc';s and pushing 5040 triples you can definitely look at 2600kv motors, also be careful of the BG Omnibus FC a couple of mates I know have had failures after several flights, I';m growing fond of the DYS F4 FC thats only a few quid more.
Thanks for that. The DYS F4 has separate pads for each esc so not ideal for a 4 in 1. The Omnibus does have issues which vary across versions but I am aware of the 5v issue (hence 4 in 1 with 5v 3a) and turning dma off on blackbox sd card (only 1khz sample in non dma). Problem is that it ticks all the bells and whistles I like  ::) If it fails I can probably get budget to replace  ::)

The motors I have been thinking that the 2300kv would be better with the heavier props and I was thinking that the 2600kv were better for 4 inch props. What do you think?

I was thinking of starting with 5040 triples and then going 5045 triples whick kv do you think I should use.

The 30A esc were more a case of looking at bench tests the RacerStar 2205 2300kv can pull towards 35A. So even reducing amps by 25% to represent flight is about 26A. So I was concerned that 20A esc might not survive. Plus I can';t find cheap 20a esc with 5v regulator and they seem to weigh the same as the 30A ones.

Thanks very much for your reply. I would be interested in your thoughts on motor kv.

Cheredanine

My thoughts: I would trade the all in one escs for 4xspedix, price will be about the same, but more room in the stack, no issues with motor wire length and most importantly if you kill one you don';t replace all 4

Racerstar motors are just mah mate :(
Performance was average when they came out, against the modern stuff it is pretty pants. Appreciate the price is attractive but get better if you possibly do it, it isn';t just about top speed but agility and speed of reaction to fc commands,

Kk props are also naff tbh :(

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Sunday,June 25, 2017, 20:48:23
My thoughts: I would trade the all in one escs for 4xspedix, price will be about the same, but more room in the stack, no issues with motor wire length and most importantly if you kill one you don';t replace all 4

Racerstar motors are just mah mate :(
Performance was average when they came out, against the modern stuff it is pretty pants. Appreciate the price is attractive but get better if you possibly do it, it isn';t just about top speed but agility and speed of reaction to fc commands,

Kk props are also naff tbh :(
Cheers for the reply.
I was thinking of the spedix as you had previously recommended them to others. I can see the point of single failure vs replace whole 4 in 1. But still means I have to find space for 5V BEC and not as neat!!! I will think.
Motors, yes not great but give me future room for improvements  ::) Usually easier to get more budget to replace broken components down the line  :smiley:.

Props, well looking for something robust and nothing too powerful, trying to keep it a bit slow to start. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Cheredanine

Some suggestions on motors mate:

Cobra champion 2205 2300kv

Brother hobby returner r5 are coming out, r4 are brilliant and may get a price drop

Zmx fusion x25 2300kv

Prop wise would probably suggest hq 5x4x3 v1s

Robust, lacks  top end against a heavier prop but flies superbly smooth and very forgiving on the pilot

TheJackal

Yeah I would agree with the Spedix. I got my 4 25A from Quadcopters.co.uk and they were DHSOT ready with the latest firmware. Would free some space in the stack.
Also, I cant recommend the Matek F405 and FCHUB enough. Was easy to solder and install for a noob and 5v and 10v regulators included(and soft mounts). Configuration and setup easy peasy with lots of info about the combo and getting rave reviews.FC and PDB was £30!
With these modern FC and PDBs I didnt think there was the need to have a seperate BEC these days.

ched

Quote from: TheJackal on Monday,June 26, 2017, 01:25:50
Yeah I would agree with the Spedix. I got my 4 25A from Quadcopters.co.uk and they were DHSOT ready with the latest firmware. Would free some space in the stack.
Also, I cant recommend the Matek F405 and FCHUB enough. Was easy to solder and install for a noob and 5v and 10v regulators included(and soft mounts). Configuration and setup easy peasy with lots of info about the combo and getting rave reviews.FC and PDB was £30!
With these modern FC and PDBs I didnt think there was the need to have a seperate BEC these days.
That looks quite good. Few issues on DMA and flexi connector but overall good reviews. I do like the pdb and the 184A current sensor.
BEC was due to suggestion to use Spedix ESC. I want to run FC, rx plus 0.8A Swift Split plus 0.5A Vtx so to be safe need 5v @ 3A ish!!!

EDIT the F405 does have a 10v so I could feed that to bec and use the output for vtx/split.

TheJackal

I think the Matek provides a 3A 5v anyway and all you do is disable DMA on the SDCard to sort that problem.
A lot of people are using them and there is a lot of info and interaction from Matek with them, so they will be well supported.

ched

Quote from: TheJackal on Monday,June 26, 2017, 13:55:07
I think the Matek provides a 3A 5v anyway and all you do is disable DMA on the SDCard to sort that problem.
A lot of people are using them and there is a lot of info and interaction from Matek with them, so they will be well supported.
Cheers.
Matek state 5v @ 1.5A 2A max.

TheJackal

The reviews say the split needs a 5v/1A supply.
But they do say the Betaflight F3 provides 5v/3A if you want to make sure.
I cant see you squeezing a BEC in there as well.