Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 13:19:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

R.I.P TBS Discovery

Started by Rudeboy, Tuesday,April 02, 2013, 16:13:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudeboy

Well people the Disco is dead!!!!!! she went with a thud today, flying at a different spot and she went down hard, thing is had it went down about a foot to the left it would have landed in nice soft sand but noooooo it landed in a boat that obviously hasn';t been floating in a long time so was full of seawater!!!

By the time I got to it she was fizzing and popping away as the salt water fried all the electrics on top of that both top and bottom plate are broken and one of the arms!!!,

Luckily motors are fine and naza and gps when opened up were bone dry inside, quickest strip down of a multi ever!!!

ESC';s are killed, Immersion Vrx, OSD and Rx have been stripped flushed and are now drying out so I may get lucky but not holding out much hope!!!!

Just as well I';ve got a spare Discovery, think I';ll calm down on my flying been pushing it a bit lately so will take this as a wake up call!!!

This one will fly again though well the motors and Naza will, have to wait and see if the rest works or just gives out the magic blue smoke when dryed off and powered up!!!

Gutted is an understatement, not been a good couple o days but have to say this crash was entirely my fault!!!

Will not be posting the crash video as it wont do the hobby any favours!!!
My YouTube Channel
Rudeboy's FPV Facebook Page

mickyt

I see this on face book  what happened to bring it down mate?
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Rudeboy

my flying is what happened.. and not been aware of what was around me!! hit something I shouldn';t!!!
My YouTube Channel

VinHex

Gutted for you buddy...  Hope all drys out ok and your back flying soon..
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

mickyt

I see I';ve come close a couple of times when I first started fpv but I pay a little more attention now , I dare say it will happen to me eventually mate
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

ChrisH

Quote from: Rudeboy on Tuesday,April 02, 2013, 16:13:57

This one will fly again though well the motors and Naza will, have to wait and see if the rest works or just gives out the magic blue smoke when dryed off and powered up!!!

Gutted is an understatement, not been a good couple o days but have to say this crash was entirely my fault!!!

Good luck with the drying out! Don';t rush it.  :hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

robshaw

Gutted for you mate. Like you say the salt water could be the killer. I drowned mine in fresh water a couple of weeks back and everything dried out perfectly. She';s flying better than ever now. Fingers crossed for you mate.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Rudeboy

yeah reckon the salt water will be the death sentence for the electrics, naza was bone dry inside so it should be fine the ESC';s I didn';t even attempt to flush and dry them one look told me they were goner';s the rest looks ok but time will tell, its all in the airing cupboard now drying off will leave it a few days before attempting to power anything up.
My YouTube Channel

Jumpy07

Bummer.. that';s my worst nightmare..

Feel for you.. hope its not too bad and at least you can salvage most of it....
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Gaza07

Sorry to hear you had such a nasty crash I hope the bits dry out ok  :crossfingers:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

guest325

I feel for you mate, I know what it';s like to have that sort of thing happen - it';s soul destroying!
Only thing to do is pick yourself up and try again but remember what went wrong and make sure (as best you can) it doesn';t happen again.
If you';re going to fly nesr salt water then you need to try and protect components from possible damage - I use wax to seal up anywhere water can get in but it needs to be high enough melting point to wwithstand thd running temperatures.
Good luck with the drying out process and hope the rebuild soon progresses.

Tony Campbell

Hope it isn';t as bad as you think. Any of the electrics that you think might have any salt contact at all, flush, flush and reflush. Then allow it to dry out naturally. Before you switch anything on, use an electrical water dispersant spray and give the bare boards a really good soaking with it. It also wont do any harm to gently rub the bare boards with a very soft toothbrush along with the spray. Just don';t rub too hard. Let it all dry out again and then give it a go. Water itelf, doesn';t do much harm to low voltage/current circuits, but any residue of salt might just kill it. Good luck with it mate.  ~~

Rudeboy

Cheers for the comments guys, yeah Tony everything has been flushed several times and I';ll give it all a good soak with WD40 tomorrow after its had a chance to dry out in the airing cupboard overnight then I';ll leave it in there for a few days before trying to power anything up, here';s hoping but I know salt water is a killer for electrics so I';m expecting the worst!!!
My YouTube Channel

nosmo

Get the gear in a bag of rice to draw the moisture out. Better than pure heat from an airing cupboard.

Rudeboy

Quote from: nosmo on Tuesday,April 02, 2013, 22:11:49
Get the gear in a bag of rice to draw the moisture out. Better than pure heat from an airing cupboard.

I would if I had any rice!!!
My YouTube Channel

ChrisH

Have to start a whip round for some rice for Rudeboy!

I';ll start with 10 grains.... :frantic:

Next.....
Chris
Hubsan X4

Gaza07

I read some where that cat litter works very well as long as its not used  :rolleyes:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

neagron

So sorry to hear about that Rudi,i hope it aint as bad as you think,Marty :scotland:

ChrisH

Quote from: Gaza07 on Wednesday,April 03, 2013, 08:26:32
I read some where that cat litter works very well as long as its not used  :rolleyes:
And the rice is uncooked! ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4