Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 11:16:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

GPS fix

Started by Royston, Saturday,March 30, 2013, 21:00:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Royston

Another inane question but hey ho you don';t ask you don';t get.
To get a GPS fix does your radio need to be on.
Altitude hold seems to work but not loiter.
Also with Crius GPS is her an LED that confirms fix.
Regards
Roy
:help: :banghead:

robshaw

Hi roysten,
yes theres a green flashing light that turns solid when a fix is made on the board. And no the tx does not need to be on to get a gps fix.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Royston

Cheers Rob
Think I did it right though.
Powered up lipo. Left for 5 mins unplugged battery and then powered up again.
Will try again tomorrow and check for solid green light.
Regards
Roy

Gaza07

The LED on the gps only indicates power the led on the flight controller should indicate a fix  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

If it';s the first time powering up it will take a while to acquire all the satellites and mine will only get a fix sat right next to a window or outside.

The green LED on the GPS antenna will be solid on for an indication of power and the green LED on the board will flash while it has no fix and will go solid once it has.
Steve

Royston

Cheers Steve
Was outside but was a bit bright believe it or not so will check carefully tomorrow.
Roy

robshaw

Yes. Green on GPS just for power indication. But green on fc indicates fix. Flashing no fix. Solid fix. Mine usually takes a few seconds. Some say you should wait for 3 mins after fix is made to acquire good results. I don';t. 30 secs or so works for me.
You don';t then disconnect. Just arm it and fly. If you disconnect after fix your just resetting and starting again.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Royston

Hi Rob
This is what I';m working from. Email from Peter King when I purchased quad??

How to Arm with a good GPS fix
When at your flying field connect the lipo and leave it on but NOT armed for at least 5 minutes.
Then disconnect lipo.
That will allow the GPS to get a very accurate fix and good 2D accuracy.
Power back on and wait a further 1 minute.
Arm and fly.
It is best to repeat this each time you go flying to make sure the GPS module has a good fix based on at least 6 satellites rather than the normal 4.

I can obviously understand what you';re saying about disconnecting and resetting but am now a bit lost because of above email.
Will check parameters just to make sure GPS fix is enabled as,you said in another thread

Regards
Roy

robshaw

Hmm. Well Im still a noob and peter obviously knows his stuff so I';d go with peters email. But I';ve never heard that before. He';s got a video on YouTube that says wait for 3 mins before arming. Its a recent video.... I personally don';t even give it that and don';t have a problem. Guess it comes down to preference and practice. Keep us posted mate.

robshaw

The GPS module does have a little battery fitted so I guess that may be for maintaining the data.....don';t see why switching off and then back on can help tho??

robshaw

Peter wraps the crius in heat shrink as well (or at least mine was) You can still see LEDs through a little window he cuts out but since I unwrapped mine the LEDs are much easier to see. I bought clear heat shrink for it bit have decided against using it.