Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 23:33:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

High Level of Mechanical vibration ?

Started by steve fh, Saturday,March 30, 2013, 15:52:43

Previous topic - Next topic

steve fh

I';m trying to identify the source of vibration when using my RCTimer gimbal

As a base line test i just bolted the camera direct to the frame it see how vibration compared to the gimbal

result is here direct mounted fs3

Question is does this look typical for a direct mount or is there a lot of mechanical vibration ?

footage with same camera on the under slung gimbal is here for comparison Prop Failure on Curry Moor

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

SimonS

Here is footage of my Y6 with a GoPro hard mounted on the top.  No balancing to the props or motors.

Carboncore Y6-950 first flight

My guess is that you have either a motor problem (balance/bearings/bent shaft) or a prop balance problem.  It is possible that it is a combination of all of these.

steve fh

Quote from: SimonS on Saturday,March 30, 2013, 16:30:05
Here is footage of my Y6 with a GoPro hard mounted on the top.  No balancing to the props or motors.

My guess is that you have either a motor problem (balance/bearings/bent shaft) or a prop balance problem.  It is possible that it is a combination of all of these.

Thanks. I';m 90% certain at least one motor has a bent shaft if not two after couple of good impacts hence trying to decide if i replace like for like or upgrade to tigers with any eye on the future.

Very useful to see your footage as reference

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

SimonS

Another reason to go with the tigers is that you can get spare shafts if you do bend them.

Biffa

I have bent the prop adapters before and thought I had bent motor shafts. Might be worth spinning up the motors without any on to see what the shafts are like.
Steve

steve fh

Quote from: Biffa on Saturday,March 30, 2013, 20:38:50
I have bent the prop adapters before and thought I had bent motor shafts. Might be worth spinning up the motors without any on to see what the shafts are like.

I gave this a go over the weekend. Fraction smoother with them off.

Biggest thing was that with props i could hear one of the motors growling like mad which kind of points to shot bearings.

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

kym

I like to spin them up to max throttle just sitting in their mount on the bench. No prop holder, washer or nut on the shaft.

If they fall over or jump or make buzzing noises pass them over for quad work. Maybe they';re good enough for a plane or heli but not a multi.