Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 18:30:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Smooth operating gimbal at bargain price Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal

Started by Gustav, Thursday,October 06, 2016, 09:09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustav

Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal   for DJI Phantom F450 F550 X525 Gopro Hero3 https://goo.gl/Okw8z5

I have been flying the Phantom for a little over a year and mainly use it for filming. I';ve been looking for a decent gimbal for several months and didn';t pay much attention to the cheap ones, thinking they would be junk. After reading the reviews on this one, I took a chance. So far, this gimbal works flawlessly and I';m happy with my purchase.
After reading the instructions several times, I went to YouTube and found how to wire the gimbal into the Phantom. The intructions are confusing at best. Once wired into the spare power lead found in my Phantom 1.2, the gimbal powered up and after about 5 seconds was holding horizontal as it should. It was whisper quiet as well.
The gimbal came with two sets of wires. One hooked up to the gimbal power socket with two bare leads I spliced into the spare power leads found in the Phantom. The other set of wires was a four lead harness I could find no use for.
The camera mount uses a Velcro strap attached to a fiberboard bracket that surrounds the camera lens. It appears a little iffy, but seems to get the job done. My GoPro camera shoots on center with this mount and all buttons are access able, without the need to invert the camera as I';ve read for other mounts. Since my GoPro is completely exposed, I fly with a lens cover. To make the lens cover fit snugly over the fiberboard bracket holding the camera in place, I used a little electricians tape to build up the inner wall of the lens cover. So far, so good.
This is a heavy gimbal. I use T-motors and 9" carbon fiber props on my Phantom 1.2 and have no issues with lifting the quadcopter off the ground. If you are planning on flying with this gimbal attached to your Phantom, I recommend at least getting the 9" props for additional lift. Also I recommend extending your landing gear. This gimbal sits on the ground without landing gear extensions. I ended up switching the stock landing gear with a new set which gives about two inches of clearance between the gimbal and the ground .
Pros
-Cost
-Ease of setup
-Works great
-Quiet
Cons
-Weight
-Instructions
-No lead provided for hooking up manual control of gimbal tilt
-Exposed circuit board on bottom of gimbal
-Camera attachment seems iffy, but works

:slap:

tipsy trucker

I have one of these but I'm a bit lost as no instructions with it; what voltage does it need?  And, does it plug into naza's gimbal connectors or as servos (when using sbus if it makes any difference)?

Gav

Good effort Mate, this is where it all started and what this forum is based on.   Guys having a go for themselves and using their own ingenuity to DIY.  With all new cool stuff like this, it eventually becomes mainstream with 'off the shelf options' at a premium price for the privilege.  But it is still great to dabble around yourself, especially when you create something at a fraction of the price. 

my first goes on a cheap brushless gimbal back in 2013 just as the DJI Phantom was coming onto the scene.

http://youtu.be/IgRu0x8W5a4