Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 11:54:15

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

A VERY Simple way to install the NAZA M Driver in Windows 10

Started by HarveyC, Sunday,August 14, 2016, 13:13:47

Previous topic - Next topic

HarveyC

I discovered this last week ...

Install DJI Assistant 2 which is obtainable from their web site.
This does not work with the NAZA-M, but it does install a digitally signed (and therefore acceptable to Windows 10) driver which does work with NAZA-M and the NAZA v2.4 Assistant software.

Hope this helps someone.
Harvey

XH558

That';s a very useful tip - one of the mods should make this a ';sticky';  ~~
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Rammylad

Hi Harvey, thanks for your post, I wish you had posted it a couple of weeks earlier when I was trying to install Naza H on my Windows 10 PC';s.
I managed to install my drivers by using the method suggested on this website which worked well but a bit of messing about, http://flitetest.com/articles/dji-naza-m-windows-10
Tony

Mark_Felton

I am having issues installing on my new pc, so I am using my old one and running windows 7 on it just for naza stuff...its a total pain in the bum!  Why is microsoft so anal about certificate signing grrrrr

HarveyC

Yes the ';other way'; is a real pain (that';s how I got it going on my desk top originally). But I';ve just had a very nasty hard disk failure on my data drive (not the usual catastrophic sort, but a creeping corruption of data that the normal Microsoft tools did not detect).  So I build a new machine. and in my ';surely there must be an easier way to get this working'; mind, I made the discovery.

I have a sneaking suspicion that DJI are/have dropped the NAZA range of controllers, which could explain why there has recently been some serious discounting on price, why several of the usual outlets don';t have any stock, and why there has not been a modern driver published.

Harvey 

Rammylad

The Naza-H is not supported any more, I think they are going into more commercial projects, more profit.

Gav

I followed this procedure (sorry if repeating anything)

First follow the clear procedure to deactivate WIN 10 driver signature enforcement:

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Download the Naza assistant and Naza driver if not already on your PC -
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64\dji_vcom_driver11.inf
http://www.dji.com/naza-m-v2/download

Once this is done - plug in the powered up Naza to USB - go to device manager and find Ports (COM & LPT) and look for the USB connection to the Naza - probably called USB Standard Serial (COM6) or what ever com port is used.  You can disconnect and reconnect the NAZA USB to see which one it is.  Then right click on this line and select Update driver - browse from my computer - let me pick from a list of devices - then "have disk".  then choose the driver C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64\dji_vcom_driver11.inf
CLICK OK

Say YES install if warning pops up. Once finished reattach the USB to the Naza and install / open up DJI assistant.

HarveyC

Gav, you describe ';the other way'; which I mention two posts above, yes it works but its very messy. 

The problem with it is:-

1) It requires three reboots of the PC (two two to disable driver signature enforcement, and one to get the PC back to normal after the driver has been installed
2) Disabling driver signature enforcement is not a good idea, even temporarily.

The method that I described is simple and does not open your PC to any potentially damaging vulnerabilities.

Regards

Harvey

Gav

OH yes I see the part I missed from your opening post DOH!   assistant "2"   

Sorry for not reading properly please forgive me.

oh well I didn';t mind the messy way and reboot. PC survived un scathed too, happy days.
here';s the link for assistant 2 just for the driver:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/DJI_Assistant_2_Installer_20160602.zip

Doug

hoverfly

Quote from: Gav on Wednesday,September 14, 2016, 14:42:42
OH yes I see the part I missed from your opening post DOH!   assistant "2"   

Sorry for not reading properly please forgive me.

oh well I didn';t mind the messy way and reboot. PC survived un scathed too, happy days.
here';s the link for assistant 2 just for the driver:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/DJI_Assistant_2_Installer_20160602.zip

Just resurected an old Naza m somehow the driver had vanished and no amount of f/king around would allow me to reinstall, not even unsigned driver issue, just unknown problem.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The above did work, :notworthy:  razor blades put beyond use. ~~
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Flyinegypt

Many, many thanks to the OP.
A couple of years on I know but I spent several frustrating hours trying to get my Windows 10 laptop to load the NAZA M USB drivers. Thanks to your post I now have my NAZA M V2 working on my Quad.