Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 03:20:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

For those of you interested in Depron scratch builds.

Started by guest325, Sunday,March 24, 2013, 16:14:30

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

This link shows where a lot of plans can be accessed:
http://www.rcfoamieplans.com/free-plans.html
Below a pic of my Depron flying boat, very cheap airframes to make!

Biffa

I am planing on making a hydroplane as soon as I find the time, but here are some of my past efforts.

Steve

fruitsalad

nice funder and lightning..
im building a sopwith swallow..
nearly done just landing gear to go..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Biffa

Cheers Fruit :beer2:

Sadly the Funder is no longer with me :cry

It had one too many high speed landings and had to be put out of it';s misery but it';s a lovely plane to fly (like it was on rails) and was my first ever build. It shall rise again though but with hot motor this time.
Steve

guest325

I built the Polaris because it will take off on almost anything, plus it flies like it';s on rails - well recommended!

Biffa

I have the Polaris plans saved somewhere I think. It';s a sweet plane for sure and I really should make some use of the lakes near my house...
Steve

guest325

Quote from: Biffa on Sunday,March 24, 2013, 18:29:28
I have the Polaris plans saved somewhere I think. It';s a sweet plane for sure and I really should make some use of the lakes near my house...
You wont regret it, it is a nice model and flies really well - I think there is now a comercially available kit for it (shows it';s good eh!). One of the reasons I like it is that it';s not a pusher, the prop is well protected and it flies so well - it cost me about £80 to get into the air using reasonable quality parts.

Biffa

I have a couple of motors and plenty of HXT900 servos kicking around - think I';ll have another look at the plans.
Steve

teslahed

I';ve made a few foamies in my time.

Here';s a small EPP flying wing i made using flat sheets of EPP folded to make a simple airfoil.

(catching quadcopters feels like cheating in comparison!)
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Gaza07

Well seeing as we are showing off our planks heres a few pics of my old North Star the plane that inspired the polaris as far as I know  ~~

[attach=1][attach=2]
[attach=3][attach=4]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

I am slowly being inspired, and for once it wont cost any money as I have some Depron in the shed ~~
Steve

guest325

Quote from: Gaza07 on Sunday,March 24, 2013, 19:27:37
Well seeing as we are showing off our planks heres a few pics of my old North Star the plane that inspired the polaris as far as I know  ~~

[attach=1][attach=2]
[attach=3][attach=4]
Yup, that';s the one - I';ve now strengthened mine by putting light glass matt on with Easycote - really makes a difference! I put extra on the fuse bottom to protect it better when taking off and landing off grass or snow.

fruitsalad

heres a couple of my creations,and my latest the green unpainted sopwith..

gowen

I know I could Google it, but can you suggest a good source of depron?

fruitsalad

guest325

gowen

Yes. UK.

Depron.co.uk was rather too obvious wasn';t it.

fruitsalad

take alook for geldipac its not as brittle as depron and lighter.
or use depron aero which is lighter than normal depron...

Biffa

Been tinkering the last couple of days and cobbled this together.

Steve

guest325

Quote from: Biffa on Wednesday,April 24, 2013, 14:12:43
Been tinkering the last couple of days and cobbled this together.

Nice, it';s a bit like the Crack Pitts Bipe I';ve been lusting over for a while, my Crack Yak is one of my favourite toys!

Biffa

Quote from: DarrellW on Wednesday,April 24, 2013, 17:54:13
Nice, it';s a bit like the Crack Pitts Bipe I';ve been lusting over for a while, my Crack Yak is one of my favourite toys!

It';s based on a Pitts but the plans were for a small uber light 3mm indoor model and had no horizontal part to the fuse. So a little bodging ingenuity and I managed to make a proper airframe.

Just managed to get the electrics fitted earlier and just waiting on some wire to link the upper and lower ailerons and wait for some nice weather.
Steve

fruitsalad

good job.
gives me the incentive to get my sopwith swallow finished..
now wheres that paint brush  :hmm:

Biffa

Well as my last two builds have ended in the bin :rolleyes: I have gone back to a plane that I know flys very well indeed.

The Funder and Lightning.

Steve

fruitsalad

interesting choice of colours..
still not finished mine as yet,might be airbourne sometime this year,only started it back in november :rolleyes:

Biffa

My last version of this plane was orange and white. The lumo colours look really nice in the air, but not everything lends itself to them.

Steve

nub

i like thats pretty funky looking :smiley:

i';ve always quite fancied a flying wing, maybe some day.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

guest325

Not depron but something I';d got to get done for a while, my Multiplex mentor set up as a Glider tug. Started tonight, progress so far: fuse together with servos for rudder, elevator and tow release - in between taxi service for her indoors!  Hopefully be ready for maiden by the weekend -weather permitting!

guest325

Disaster struck!!!
Everything set up and working how it should so took it outside so I could run the motor up, got up to about 3/4 throttle and the prop flew off about 30 ft in the air taking the end of the motor shaft with it  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Maiden off until I can get either a new motor or get my hands on a piece of 4mm silver steel to make a new shaft.

Biffa

Harsh! Did the shaft just sheer?

I may take mine for it';s maiden later this evening as I still have a little more work to do on it.
Steve

guest325

Quote from: Biffa on Sunday,May 26, 2013, 14:27:01
Harsh! Did the shaft just sheer?

I may take mine for it';s maiden later this evening as I still have a little more work to do on it.
Yeah, it just sheared off -  but when you think about it a 4mm shaft on a 750 watt motor is pushing it a bit!
I think the prop adapter may not have been quite true so that might have contributed to the failure.