Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 16:13:40

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 17
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Phone upgrades.

Started by guest325, Sunday,March 24, 2013, 14:14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

The time has come when I can upgrade my phone - so what to do???
To cut a long story with loads of iffing and butting, I started out with a Galaxy S @ £35/month, wife put it in the washing machine in my jeans - killed it; as a result (and what a result - bless her!) I ended up with my Galaxy S2, which I';ve been very happy with. So now my upgrade is a Galaxy S3 for £13 a month less than I pay now plus I can get £120 for my S2 on one of the internet sites - result or what???

Gav

guest325

More money for toys  :evil  :beer2:

robshaw

Sounds good Darrell. I';ve had iPhone for years until recently when I upgraded to galaxy note 2 which is pretty much a larger s3 with a stylus. I';ve never looked back. Absolutely superb phone. Although galaxy s4 has just been launched. May explain the good deal you got on the s3.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

guest325

Quote from: robshaw on Sunday,March 24, 2013, 15:04:30
Sounds good Darrell. I';ve had iPhone for years until recently when I upgraded to galaxy note 2 which is pretty much a larger s3 with a stylus. I';ve never looked back. Absolutely superb phone. Although galaxy s4 has just been launched. May explain the good deal you got on the s3.
That';s the strategy, get one on a reasonably cheap contract of a phone that';s soon to be updated - played with an S3 and it';s a world apart from the S2.
I use mine a lot for t';internet because we have no wifi when we go to our caravan so use it to tether my lappy.

Gaza07

Im using a Galaxy S2 now and its great I bet you could sell your s2 for more then £120 privately  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

sendtohim

the galaxy s4 is out in 4 weeks i think  ~~
dji f550, still running standerd running gear, with auora 9 controller, 2 x 6000mah nano-tech, 1 x 8400mah nano-tech, 1 x 5000mah turnigy, carbon gimbal with Aeroxcraft landing gear, gopro 3 black edition camera, and to top it off LED's all round for night flying (has to be done)

Biffa

I can upgrade in August and I can';t bloody wait :frantic:
Steve

guest325

Quote from: sendtohim on Sunday,March 24, 2013, 18:21:02
the galaxy s4 is out in 4 weeks i think  ~~
I know but minimum contract price (2 years) is £42+ whereas for the S3 which will suit me fine is £25 (my current £35 contract rose to £38 when the vat went up - robbing b@574rds) so it';s a no brainer really - besides I can leave it in my jeans again when the S3 is obsolete  :evil  :evil  :whistling:

Balders

Still on the original Galaxy S1 here.  Locks up quite a bit these days, but ok when it works.  Recently got a Google Nexus 10 tablet which is fabulous. Might see if there';s a software/firmwarre upgrade for my S1, sort the stability issues out.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

guest325

At long last my S3 is here and in use, what can I say? It is very good, the display is much better, it';s a lot smoother and faster - well pleased!
Plus I';ve managed to get a very good price for my S2, enough to subsidie the bits for my home made project.

AlexEssex

Ive got the Galaxy Note and its a pukka phone. Its a tablet and phone in one. Ive not used my home computer ever since ive had my note. Phablets are the way to go! Glad ur happy with the s3 and that u have got some cash for some extra parts. Alec

Flyinegypt

Bit of a ludite here. I got a Samsung Galaxy Mini about a year ago. Sim free so I can use it in most countries. So far used here in Egypt, the UK and South Africa
Works fine as a phone and occasional email/internet so I don';t see any need to upgrade it. It also fits easily in my pocket ;)

Cozp83

I';ve had an s3 since launch. Great piece of hardware, completely ****** and buggy os. If ya flash something like cyanogenmod 10.1 to it its ace. I tinker with EVERYTHING I own ;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

dp106

The new HTC One looks the dogs **** but £500+ for the phone is a lot when the Nexus 4 is £280.

I';ve rooted my One X but not been brave enough to put Cyanogenmod on it yet. Just added the Apex launcher on top of htc sense :)

Cozp83

cyanogenmod rules dude. super easy to install too. rooting is the hard part;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.