Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 00:38:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Is it just me?

Started by ChrisH, Saturday,March 23, 2013, 20:41:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisH

As the winter is still with us for a while, I am (as I expect others are) using the severe lack of flying weather to think about the next project? :hmm:

Is it just me or is almost every retailer that I look at somewhere near 50% or higher "out of stock" or the more frequent "back order" (difference is?). How do they manage to stay in business or are they related to hedgehogs and hibernate?  :sleep:

I would have expected a reasonable level of sales at this time of year but how with no stock?  :hmm:

Anyone explain?  :shrug:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

mickyt

Tell me about it im still waiting for an Ezuhf setup i ordered over 5 weeks ago still not in stock
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

ChrisH

Quote from: mickyt on Saturday,March 23, 2013, 21:01:20
Tell me about it im still waiting for an Ezuhf setup i ordered over 5 weeks ago still not in stock

Makes you wonder if all the manufacturers change over to making duvets or hot water bottles in winter!  :whistling:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Gav

The demand for multirotor and fpv clobber has exploded over the last year.  Probably helped towards the ';out of stock'; notice on lots of items. 

ChrisH

Quote from: Gav on Saturday,March 23, 2013, 21:43:27
The demand for multirotor and fpv clobber has exploded over the last year.  Probably helped towards the ';out of stock'; notice on lots of items.

You';d think they would have ramped up production! Hobbyking seem just as bad!  :angry:
Chris
Hubsan X4

robshaw

Yes i have noticed that too. Thought it was all you lot buying all their stock. Obviously not. So who is buying it all?!?
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

ChrisH

Quote from: robshaw on Saturday,March 23, 2013, 22:05:46
Yes i have noticed that too. Thought it was all you lot buying all their stock. Obviously not. So who is buying it all?!?

Not me Governor....
Chris
Hubsan X4

Ross

Probably due to most things made by the Chinese these days.  They seem to concentrate on one thing for a while..build up the stock and then move on to the next thing.....thus long delays in replenishing items. 

I have been "awaiting shipment"  for some items from China  for 2 months and  20 items from South Africa via the US distributor since Dec 5th!!......and they wonder why their businesses go down  the shute.  I find US retailers the worst, they do not even have the courtesy to answer e mails....... :shrug:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

ChrisH

Quote from: Ross on Sunday,March 24, 2013, 08:28:38
I find US retailers the worst, they do not even have the courtesy to answer e mails....... :shrug:

Mmmm, one retailer who advertises "great technical support" based in the UK have not bothered to respond to 3 different emails from January! I know I am probably a small fry customer as I "only" spent around £1K with them and not £10K plus. End result, I will not be looking to them for my forthcoming FPV project.

I';m not going to name the retailer but for the sake of a couple of easy email replies they have lost future business from me and I won';t be recommending them to others!  :(
Chris
Hubsan X4

Gaza07

I think the UK retailers have a hard time trying to compete with the Chinese sellers but them being in the UK and offering good support is the one thing the Chinese cannot do and for any UK retailer to fail in supporting their customers is just heading towards failure and of course it will be all the fault of the Chinese re sellers  :rolleyes:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

ChrisH

Totally agree Gary,

When I worked in customer services we used to say it took 10 times the effort/cost to bring back a customer compared to the cost of keeping them.

"We are the experts..
With award winning customer support and aftersales, our team of highly skilled builders and fliers know everything there is to know about Multirotor platforms. Not only can we can offer the advice you need to make the right purchase, but we can help professionaly build, test fly and set up your platform. You';re in good hands."

Quote from retailer site in question. Shows you can';t always believe in advertising!
:embarrassed
Chris
Hubsan X4

laters

Quote from: ChrisH on Sunday,March 24, 2013, 09:03:57
Mmmm, one retailer who advertises "great technical support" based in the UK have not bothered to respond to 3 different emails from January! I know I am probably a small fry customer as I "only" spent around £1K with them and not £10K plus. End result, I will not be looking to them for my forthcoming FPV project.

I';m not going to name the retailer but for the sake of a couple of easy email replies they have lost future business from me and I won';t be recommending them to others!  :(

You are not the only one.  :o
I have sent them the same email twice asking about products and after waiting for the reply decided to order from China as they at least answered email questions.
TBS Discovery,quad & hex flamewheel clones, hubsan x4
FPV on the cheap
Hitec Aurora 9