Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 11:21:06

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Anyone using a GoPro 3 as a FPV camera - experiences?

Started by ChrisH, Friday,March 22, 2013, 10:00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisH

Hi Guys,

I';ve got a F450 that';s fairly successful. GoPro on a small gibal etc.. I';m looking into an element of FPV to add on. I do not fancy the "FPV Goggles" concept (never was any use at video games) and am more interested in getting a "camera eye" view of what I am shooting. I want to allow better tracking and adjustment of the camera tilt. Guesswork is OK to a point. I understand there is a delay between real time and the video transmission using a go pro but as I won';t be using the feed to actually fly the quad I don';t see that as a problem.

Anyone use a similar setup? I was thinking along lines of a video Tx (25mw legal of course) with a reasonable screen at ground level either Rx combined or separate.

Another question, I';ve tried the Android GoPro app and you can monitor while video recording but it blanks if you take time lapse pics! Do you get same effect with a video out feed?

Recommendations please?  :hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

dean19794

Quote from: ChrisH on Friday,March 22, 2013, 10:00:12
Hi Guys,

I';ve got a F450 that';s fairly successful. GoPro on a small gibal etc.. I';m looking into an element of FPV to add on. I do not fancy the "FPV Goggles" concept (never was any use at video games) and am more interested in getting a "camera eye" view of what I am shooting. I want to allow better tracking and adjustment of the camera tilt. Guesswork is OK to a point. I understand there is a delay between real time and the video transmission using a go pro but as I won';t be using the feed to actually fly the quad I don';t see that as a problem.

Anyone use a similar setup? I was thinking along lines of a video Tx (25mw legal of course) with a reasonable screen at ground level either Rx combined or separate.

Another question, I';ve tried the Android GoPro app and you can monitor while video recording but it blanks if you take time lapse pics! Do you get same effect with a video out feed?

Recommendations please?  :hmm:

Hi Mate

With the gopro 3 there is no video delay it a live feed.

I have since added my gopro to this set up far better FOV.[attach=1]

the AV700 was only of ebay £22.00

Tripod £8.00

cant fault it!!

Balders

Just to be aware, there have been issues documented with the GP3 Blackedition (not sure if it applies to silver and white) where live out for fpv has suddenly shut itself down without warning.

I understand GoPro are aware of the issue and for all I know a patch may already be out there, but just giving you a heads up that it *may* be a concern.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Thanks Guys for the update. My GoPro is the silver one so shouldn';t hit the problems associated with the black version.

Interesting that you didn';t find a delay Dean, I';ve seen it quoted before as a reason not to use GoPro!

Which screens are you guys using and how are they in bright light? I would ask how they are in sunlight but the likelihood of ever seeing any...  :smiley:

Some people use GoPro';s but personally I wouldn';t... there is a lag in the video... and if you Gopro batt goes flat your are snookered... also GoPro is not very good in low light. Found this quote by Jumpy07  :hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

sendtohim

Quote from: ChrisH on Friday,March 22, 2013, 13:34:38
Thanks Guys for the update. My GoPro is the silver one so shouldn';t hit the problems associated with the black version.

Interesting that you didn';t find a delay Dean, I';ve seen it quoted before as a reason not to use GoPro!

Which screens are you guys using and how are they in bright light? I would ask how they are in sunlight but the likelihood of ever seeing any...  :smiley:

Some people use GoPro';s but personally I wouldn';t... there is a lag in the video... and if you Gopro batt goes flat your are snookered... also GoPro is not very good in low light. Found this quote by Jumpy07  :hmm:
Quote from: Balders on Friday,March 22, 2013, 13:27:20
Just to be aware, there have been issues documented with the GP3 Blackedition (not sure if it applies to silver and white) where live out for fpv has suddenly shut itself down without warning.

I understand GoPro are aware of the issue and for all I know a patch may already be out there, but just giving you a heads up that it *may* be a concern.

iv been running my gopro 3 black edition and with over 60+ flights and had no problems if you buy the right connectors you can even power the gopro from your tx, there is no delay at all its 5.8ghz its instant sending what you see is as your flying with no delay if you want more help on the right connerters and stuff drop me a pm  ~~
dji f550, still running standerd running gear, with auora 9 controller, 2 x 6000mah nano-tech, 1 x 8400mah nano-tech, 1 x 5000mah turnigy, carbon gimbal with Aeroxcraft landing gear, gopro 3 black edition camera, and to top it off LED's all round for night flying (has to be done)

SimonS

Just to clarify, the GoPro3 is reasonably instantaneous if using a cable from the USB to a Vtx. If you use the GoPro wifi to an iPhone or iPad the delay is about 7seconds.