Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 01:35:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Alexmos YunI Gimball : Test on 3D Heli

Started by bunnygirl80, Friday,March 22, 2013, 06:26:51

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Here is the Alexmos gimball being taken through it';s paces on a 3D heli. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kCiYCZg33bU#!

I think you';ll like it Mick!
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

SimonS

Well I certainly would not buy one based on that video!  I';ll forgive them the vibration caused buy the heli but in any sort of turn the horizon start to tilt and at 8:05 it looses it completely!

Fail.

mickyt

Simon Are you going to be throwing your quad,hex,octo around like that heli (i think not)  ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

mickyt

Hi Stef yes i had seen it before and they really do put it through its paces and it cope';s quite well as i posted above Re simon';s comment if you going to be throwing a quad hex or octo around like that then i think a gimbal has no place being fitted, just my thought on it  ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

bunnygirl80

Totally agree Mick, the gimball is for correcting minor inaccuracies in your flying. I don';t think anyone filming with an expensive setup and camera would risk flying wreckless like that. Too much to loose!
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

SimonS

I agree that no one is ever going to fly 3D with a multi and a gimbal and neither did they.  It';s the old bait and switch routine.  Show a clip  of a helicopter being flung around the sky from one viewpoint and then put the camera on the heli and make it look as though it is doing aeros when in fact it never goes beyond about 40 degrees of pitch or roll.

The gimbal actually seems to do a reasonable job at correcting the roll and pitch of the heli but it has a had time with lateral movements.  Look at the Video from 6:35 to 7:05. initially it shows some pitching and rolling of the Heli which it copes with quite well but then the heli flys about a 6th of a circle while keeping the tail pointing at the pilot.  The horizon leans by about 25 degrees.  The heli then moves back and the horizon ends up about 15 degrees the other way.

Another thing to remember is that Alex is licencing the concept of the SBGC but it is up to each company to design their board.  Although the main components are basically the same there are big variations in board layout and concept.  Here are just 5 that I found with a quick search.  It would be interesting to see a side by side combarison of all the boards on the same gimbal on the same multi.

mickyt

I agree the gimbal will only be as good as the controller i have one of these      Yun-1';s on order but wont be using it yet as i have nothing to put it on.

i';ll be watching out for improvement';s made to various controllers that are available for brushless gimbals,i know desire rc have been licensed   to  produce a controller for the gimbal.  ~~