Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 12:27:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 18
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Where do i start to set up a KK V2.0 board

Started by davethepitch, Friday,March 08, 2013, 09:21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

Hello all

I am nearly at the stage where i am about to connect to connect the esc and receiver connectors to the board and then it will be a case of on with the lipo.

Can anyone tell me if there is a step by step process i need to go through as soon as the KK board powers up.

Also are there any default settings that i could input that would give me a starting point to get it to a basic flying stage and then i can fine adjust as i go.

Thank you.

Dave

XH558

Well in my limited experience with this board the settings at start up are pretty much the defaults already and I got in the air with those  ;)

HK has some useful YT videos ... here';s the walkthrough and the tuning one
Hobbyking';s KK2 Control Board: THE WALKTHROUGH
Hobbyking';s KK2: QUICK START TUNING GUIDE

This is pretty good on here too
http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1208.msg12303#msg12303

My advice would be ';don';t over think it'; - you can spend too long fiddling and you forget what you';ve done and can';t remember where it was to start - stay with the stock set up and change one thing at a time - and make written notes as you go  :rolleyes: ;)

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

dp106

There';s also a manual you can download either from on here or hobby king

fruitsalad

also flash the board for firmware 1.5 if you have a usb programmer cable.
self levelling is a lot better..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

davethepitch

Hello all

The board is already flashed to 1.5 and i have connected all the cables except the small round thing with two wires on that came with the KKV 2.0 board.

I have set all the directions so they correspond to my TX and i have set it to quadcopter in X mode.

I calibrated each of the esc';s before i fitted them to the quad and now a few motors start together and another runs then stops so i am not sure what is happening there unless a motor is on its way out.  :(

Dave

fruitsalad

follow the kk2 instructions for esc calibration.
holding down buttons 1 and 4..
this is where you need 3 hands lol
REMOVE PROPS..

davethepitch

Hello fruitsalad

I have not fitted any props yet as i have just recovered from an injury caused by my other 450 quad.

I will have to see how to do it and either use one of my toes or wait for a friend to call later and ask her to assist.  :frantic:

Thanks Dave

fruitsalad

turn on tx move to full throttle,
power kk2 whilst holding down buttons 1 and 4 wait for escs to comfirm high throttle,lower throttle to minimum wait for beeps then release buttons 1 and 4..
youll see why you need three hands..

bigbelly

I managed with a bit of handed dexterity.

Hold buttons 1 and 4 with your 3rd and 4th finger, and hold the battery connector (the quad end) between thumb and forefinger. Use other hand to plug in battery and do the Tx throttle stuff to calibrate.  :crossfingers:
Walkera 4#3b
HK450 clone
MCPX2
QUAD 450 clone
Hubsan X4
GoPro Black
808#16

XH558

OR - because you know you';ve got to do this - and you are sick of trying to do it with your knees - you buy a cheap in line switch from B&Q or Maplin and put a deans connector (or what ever you use) socket on on side and a plug on the other with very short wires ... then for this job alone put that inline switch between the battery and the quad - hold down the buttons and just flick the inline switch ... easy peasy  ;)

Put the switch away in a convenient box and leave it for the next time you need to calibrate a KK2 board.

Problem solving & fettlin'; ... love it  :rolleyes: :laugh:

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

davethepitch

Quote from: XH558 on Friday,March 08, 2013, 15:26:33
OR - because you know you';ve got to do this - and you are sick of trying to do it with your knees - you buy a cheap in line switch from B&Q or Maplin and put a deans connector (or what ever you use) socket on on side and a plug on the other with very short wires ... then for this job alone put that inline switch between the battery and the quad - hold down the buttons and just flick the inline switch ... easy peasy  ;)

Put the switch away in a convenient box and leave it for the next time you need to calibrate a KK2 board.

Problem solving & fettlin'; ... love it  :rolleyes: :laugh:

That is a simple and clever idea.

Dave

dp106

Quote from: davethepitch on Friday,March 08, 2013, 13:01:18
Hello all

The board is already flashed to 1.5 and i have connected all the cables except the small round thing with two wires on that came with the KKV 2.0 board.

I have set all the directions so they correspond to my TX and i have set it to quadcopter in X mode.

I calibrated each of the esc';s before i fitted them to the quad and now a few motors start together and another runs then stops so i am not sure what is happening there unless a motor is on its way out.  :(

Dave
The small round thing is a "peizo" buzzer. I had to hunt around a bit too work out what it was :-) it';s good to connect it as the board then beeps a warning when it';s armed.

davethepitch

Hello all

Well i had a bit of a job trying to calibrate the esc';s because when my throttle on my TX was set at full and and with buttons 1 and 4 held down when we connected the lipo and the motors ran at full speed straight away.  :o

I decided to put the KK V 2.0 board back to factory settings and set the motor layout to quadcopter X again and then we tried to calibrate the esc';s and this time all seems to have gone well.

I disconnected the lipo and turned off the TX and then turned the TX back on and connected the lipo and the receiver bound and the motors now all start at the same time.

I fitted some props and took it outside for a little test hover but it is very sensitive and a handful to control.  :(

I will leave it for tonight and tomorrow i will check to see if these default settings are in and if not i will program the values into the board.

Default PI editor settings

Roll/Pitch Axis:
P gain = 150
P limit = 100
I gain = 50
I limit = 20

Yaw Axis:

P gain = 150
P limit = 20
I gain = 50
I limit = 10

Dave

dp106

Quote from: davethepitch on Friday,March 08, 2013, 18:32:11
Hello all

Well i had a bit of a job trying to calibrate the esc';s because when my throttle on my TX was set at full and and with buttons 1 and 4 held down and when we connected the lipo the motors ran at full speed straight away.  :o

I decided to put the KK V 2.0 board back to factory settings and set the motor layout to quadcopter X again and then we tried to calibrate the esc';s and this time all seems to have gone well.

I disconnected the lipo and turned off the TX and then turned the TX back on and connected the lipo and the receiver bound and the motors now all start at the same time.

I fitted some props and took it outside for a little test hover but it is very sensitive and a handful to control.  :(

I will leave it for tonight and tomorrow i will check to see if these default settings are in and if not i will program the values into the board.

Default PI editor settings

Roll/Pitch Axis:
P gain = 150
P limit = 100
I gain = 50
I limit = 20

Yaw Axis:

P gain = 150
P limit = 20
I gain = 50
I limit = 10

Dave
You will need to dial those settings down a fair bit. Have a look at this thread it has some example settings.

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1209.0
450 KK2.0 quad build, Step by step.

For roll and pitch my p gain is around 40 something and I gain 20 or 30. Yaw I think I have at 50 and igain 30. I';m still trying to get it dialed in though.

davethepitch

Hello dp106

Yesterday i did a factory reset again and i have noticed that the settings that i wrote above are not like they are set at now.  :confused:

Below are the settings that are showing on the KK V2.0 at the moment.

Axis: Pitch (Elevator)
P gain = 50
P limit = 100
I gain = 25
I limit = 20

Axis: Pitch (Aileron)
P gain = 50
P limit = 100
I gain  = 25
I limit  = 20

Axis: Yaw (Rudder)
P gain = 50
P limit = 20
I gain  = 50
I limit  = 10

Self level settings
P gain  = 100
P limit  = 20
acc trim roll 0
acc trim pitch 0

Being as it is raining outside and i cannot test fly it i have no idea if using these settings is going to be safe enough to test it as i don';t want it to do a chicken dance.  :(

Dave

dp106

Quote from: davethepitch on Saturday,March 09, 2013, 15:48:02
Hello dp106

Yesterday i did a factory reset again and i have noticed that the settings that i wrote above are not like they are set at now.  :confused:

Below are the settings that are showing on the KK V2.0 at the moment.

Axis: Pitch (Elevator)
P gain = 50
P limit = 100
I gain = 25
I limit = 20

Axis: Pitch (Aileron)
P gain = 50
P limit = 100
I gain  = 25
I limit  = 20

Axis: Yaw (Rudder)
P gain = 50
P limit = 20
I gain  = 50
I limit  = 10

Self level settings
P gain  = 100
P limit  = 20
acc trim roll 0
acc trim pitch 0

Being as it is raining outside and i cannot test fly it i have no idea if using these settings is going to be safe enough to test it as i don';t want it to do a chicken dance.  :(

Dave
Did I read elsewhere you have flashed yours with the 1.5 firmware? Maybe the defaults have changed between versions. I can';t tell as I';m still on 1.2 for now.

davethepitch

I purchased the KK V2.0 board already flashed with version 1.5 and i am not sure what the differences is between 1.2 and 1.5

Dave

dp106

Quote from: davethepitch on Saturday,March 09, 2013, 23:26:03
I purchased the KK V2.0 board already flashed with version 1.5 and i am not sure what the differences is between 1.2 and 1.5

Dave
I think one of the main benefits is the auto level is supposed to be a lot better. Very strange about the settings, the ones you have now shouldn';t be too bad. If I remember tomorrow I';ll right down what mine are but I';m certainly no expert and think mine still needs a little more fettling :-)

rokit5

If you have played with the PI settings I';ve found that doing a factory reset doesn';t always reset those settings...odd I know and I thought that was the point of the reset function. v1.5 is more stable but thing i have also notices is, having built two tricopters with remodelled 450 frames the first one flew fine on default settings the second, Having gained an injury from an issue with safe mode I also noticed the yaw gyro needed to be reversed. Same flashing process, same firmware, same motor ESCs than before and same frame configuration the only thing that was different was the purchase time, 3 months apart, Issue with manufacturing maybe???
I understand that ambiant temperature and weather pressure systems can cause problems with the higher end FCs but this is as simple as they get....hmmmm.
Also the debug feature has been disabled in the v1.5 firmware because the Gimble feature needed the space, Nice on HK now we can';t check if things are working as they should. If you have any doubts on if the the gyro';s and ACC is working correctly revert back to V1.4 firmware.

KK2.0 ESCs calibration in V1.5 has been removed but you can still carry out the calibration. Use Garys method, use clothes pegs on buttons 1 and 4 then that frees up your hands to do what you need to do safely.

"Esc Calibration":
Instructions:
1: Important: TAKE OFF THE PROPELLERS OR DISCONNECT ONE WIRE FROM THE MOTOR!!
2: Turn off the FC power.
3: Turn on the transmitter and set the throttle to max.
4: Press down button 1 and 4, keep pressing until last step. Releasing the buttons aborts the
  calibration. (use clothes pegs to do this)
5: Turn on power to the FC
6: Wait for the ESC to beep its full throttle calibrated signal. Takes a few seconds, depends on the ESC.
7: Lower the throttle to idle.
8: Wait for the idle throttle calibrated signal.
9: Release the buttons.

Don';t forget that once the ESCs do a single bleep you have to move the throttle stick to minimum, leaving it longer may cause some ESCs go into setup mode.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"