Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 12:27:46

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 21
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Walkera G2-D adjustment guide

Started by rsmith21, Sunday,May 22, 2016, 21:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmith21

Hi, its taken some time to figure out what I think is a simpler explanation of how to get the G2_D working at its best, using these instructions in conjunction with the supplied instructions it may make sense :)

My take on adjusting the Walkera G2-D Gimbal Gains and Power , I have searched the web without any luck so I hope this helps anyone else that has problems working out what they mean.
Power on the gimbal, power it with battery directly if you can so that your flight controller etc are not powered up or take the props off (not essential but wise) let it initialise.

Press the mode button for 3 or more secs till LEDs flash.
TILT ADJUSTMENT press the Fn button one more time.

Observe the three Leds. The RED one will be flashing quickly ( you are in tilt mode, but can't adjust the gains or power yet, until its flashing slowly )

Observe the Yellow Led, if its flashing or off adjust V1 till its constantly on
Observe the Green Led, if its flashing or off adjust V2 till its constantly on

Now put the quad down on a flat surface for about 5 seconds, the sensor will calibrate and the RED Led will flash slowly (indicating it has entered adjustment mode) you can now adjust it.

Adjustment is a little trial and error, words of warning, if the motor is getting hot, or you can feel it quiver under your finger the gains or power are too high, go back to the starting point and go again.  To save the adjustments, exit program mode by pressing the Fn button till the Leds flash green again. Now set the V1 & V2 back to the middle as they have no longer any effect, but mode adjustment always starts with these at the middle of their range.

A Summary with colours that may help

To change the Tilt Motor Gain V1 and Power V2
The Red LED indicates you are editing the Tilt settings,   Yellow = Power   Green= Gain
Once you have entered Tilt mode and have the yellow and green leds on steady by adjust V1 & 2 and red flashing quickly, place the craft down flat and wait for the Red LED to flash slowly.
When the Red LED changes from quick flashing to slow flashing ( now ready for adjusting )
Adjust V2 for power to the motor, you want as little power as possible to power the camera and gimbal to minimise heat and battery drain   ( Tilt Power ) V2

Adjust V1 for gain to the motor, (Gain ) V1

Adjust power and  gain as required, if you have the settings to high the motors will get hot
If the settings are to low the motors will not be able to move the camera.
Once adjusted, press the Fn button till the LEDs are all flashing  green to save settings
ROLL ADJUSTMENT
Same as above but different colours indicate different mode and adjustment.
The Green LED indicates you are editing the Roll settings,   Yellow = Gain (V1)  Red= Power (V2)
To change the Roll Motor Gain and Power
Press the mode button for 3 or more secs  LEDs flash,You are now in Program mode
Press Fn two more times to enter Roll mode adjustment, get Green flashing slowly as above.
Adjust power and  gain as required, if you have the settings to high the motors will get hot
If the settings are to low the motors will not be able to move the camera.
Once adjusted, press the Fn button till the LEDs are all flashing  green to save settings

If I have anything wrong here please let me know ASAP so as not to confuse anyone trying to use it.
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal