Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,December 16, 2019, 01:46:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
02 Dec 2019 20:03:50
Only if the battery is fully charged, leak a few volts and it'll be fine.......
Andy7:
02 Dec 2019 17:19:55
If yo fly a Mavic Mini and get over a gramme of mud on it, do you have to register it?  :rofl:
hoverfly:
02 Dec 2019 08:38:56
Not a problem i've had a body mod, I think of Jean Harlow naked on a trampoline  and the new antenna  extends automatically..   :whistling:
Andy7:
29 Nov 2019 17:17:37
That'll play hell with your FPV signal. :rofl:
hoverfly:
29 Nov 2019 17:10:20
Won't get me i'm wearing my tin foil hat... :wack0
Andy7:
29 Nov 2019 14:19:03
Because GOVERNMENT SPY DRONES are watching us! :frantic:
hoverfly:
29 Nov 2019 11:41:22
BBC News this am ..only 50% of people have registered  for the  CAA  scheme.. If people haven't registered  how do they know it's 50%.. :shrug:
ched:
28 Nov 2019 20:16:14
Very very quiet. I am missing chatting :-( Must be the weather....
Gaza07:
25 Nov 2019 08:28:26
Forums very quiet  :shrug:
ched:
18 Oct 2019 11:25:16
Sounds good yama. Would love to see some images. 3d models sound cool too
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197240
  • Total Topics: 19890
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Crius all-in-one pro - any good?

Started by s.dunnim, Friday,May 13, 2016, 17:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

s.dunnim

Hey, I';ve been looking at flight controllers as I';m hoping to build my (first!) own drone on a budget. The Crius pro really stood out for its low price and seems to be able to do pretty much anything controllers that are hundreds more expensive are capable of.

I was wondering if it really is as good as it seems or are there any major drawbacks?

A bit of programming or prototyping doesn';t really bother me if that';s what it needs...

I was hoping my drone could do things like waypoint navigation, hold position (I realise you have to buy a separate GPS for these - as a side question what GPS would you recommend?), possibly even follow me, circle me or return to home. Is this all possible with the Crius Pro?

I also saw impressive controllers like the Multiwii Pro 2.0, how good is that?

Finally, any other better suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !

P.S. I have looked through this forum but there';s so much other random stuff I had a hard time finding any definite answer

atomiclama

They are old outdated but worked well.
No idea if they are still actively maintained.

I have one in my draw you can have for a few quid if you decide you want to go down this route.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

teslahed

I';d buy a cheap clone APM over a crius AIOP. You';ll get better results running proper arducopter firmware if you want all the features like GPS and automation than you would running a hacked version of the arducopter firmware (megapirate) on the crius AIOP.

And if you can stretch you budget at all, get a cheap clone Pixhawk instead of a cheap clone APM. Software and functionality is mostly the same but the hardware and flight performance is much better because the pixhawk uses more modern 32bit hardware.

http://www.banggood.com/Pixhawk-PX4-2_4_8-Flight-Controller-32-Bit-ARM-PX4FMU-PX4IO-Combo-for-Multicopters-p-1040416.html

The CRIUS AIOP may have all the features on paper but you';d spend an awful lot of time getting most of them almost working before you';d give up and buy something better, most likely. If you get a cheap clone pixhawk you can follow the wizards and online tutorials and it will still take quite a lot of setting up but you';d find it a lot easier to get good results.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

red zeppelin

I would second the APM suggestion.  I tried for a while to get a AIOP to operate on my f450 with mixed results.  I would say that it was me, except that after I bought a pixhawk, it was flying without much effort, and it was done pretty quick. 

Much easier to set up, and you can utilize the full functionality of mission planner.  Just my 2 cents.