Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 23:44:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

First quad build now flying

Started by davethepitch, Wednesday,March 20, 2013, 18:50:49

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

Hello all

I have finally finished my first 450 quad build from scratch and i am not sure whether it needs a few tiny adjustments to the settings as this test flight was in my small kitchen and the quad creates a lot of turbulence.  :o

It has the KK V2.0 board with version 1.5 firmware and i just need a nice calm day to see how stable it is and how it performs.

I have ordered a Trex 550 skid set which is fitted to my other quad as it gives a good wide platform and decent height to clear the props from grass.

I have already soldered on a micro deans connector ready to install the red and blue LED navigation lights which i will do at the weekend.  :smiley:

Dave

New 450 quad build KK V2.0 board

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Gav

Nice one matey.  I';ve not watched your video yet, but going by the thumb nail image, you';re obviously happy enough to fly it indoors without issue LOL.

Will watch video in a bit....

Gaza07

Nice one Dave you must be well cuffed it looks nice and stable to me  :bravo:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

Nice one Dave, did you have to mess around with the board much then?
Steve

XH558

Nice ... very stable ....my kkv2 isn';t that stable ....  what';s your P & I settings may I ask ??

you';re lucky ... my missus would kill me if I tried to fly indoors ... she';s not even keen on me flying in the garden.. but I get away with that .. just  :whistling:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

davethepitch

Quote from: Biffa on Thursday,March 21, 2013, 10:44:30
Nice one Dave, did you have to mess around with the board much then?

Hello Biffa

I persisted with my database finding different KK board settings and then i compared and chose some settings that suited my quad.

I decided to test the quad in my kitchen at low level which was risky and it looked pretty stable so i took it higher like in the video and other than compensating on the sticks for the turbulence it was fine.

I still think there is room for improvement with a few tweaks of the settings but i am waiting for a nice calm day to try some.

Quote from: XH558 on Thursday,March 21, 2013, 10:53:09
Nice ... very stable ....my kkv2 isn';t that stable ....  what';s your P & I settings may I ask ??

you';re lucky ... my missus would kill me if I tried to fly indoors ... she';s not even keen on me flying in the garden.. but I get away with that .. just  :whistling:

Hello XH558

I have created a Microsoft Excel database with different settings on it for 450 quads and a 500mm quad but do you want to see the whole database or just my settings i don';t mind either way.

I was thinking if you saw the database you would have more values to work from but be aware mate it does not mean the settings will work for you as there are so many variables between quads but at least it is a starting point.

I just need to find out how to up load the Excel database for all to see.  :frantic:

Dave

davethepitch

Hello All

I have just had a brain wave and decided to try a screen capture program so i have provided the database capture below.

Dave