Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 21:59:34

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What do you get from the forum?

Started by Tony Campbell, Monday,March 18, 2013, 22:45:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Campbell

I';m probably going to get chewed for this, but hey, I';ve got the best of intentions at heart.

Since I';ve joined the forum, I';ve had loads of help and advice. In fact, I don';t think I';d be quite as hooked on this hobby without all the help I';ve gotten so far. So, today, I donated to the forum!!! Yup, a Scotsman, parted with actual cash!

Too be honest, I reckon its the best spent tenner I';ve parted with so far. So, a plea. If you haven';t donated to the upkeep of the forum, please give it some serious consideration. Its easy! Scroll down to the very bottom of this page and there is a paypal button. Even if you can only spare a couple of quid, it would go a long way to keeping this site up and running. I know how much these forums can eat cash, and normally that';s straight from the pockets of the guy who starts the whole thing off.

So, I cant afford a Naza board, or fpv goggles at the moment, but I cant afford to be without this forum if I';m going to succeed in the hobby either. So, give it some thought, and donate even a couple of quid. I';ve seen a lot of people using the resources here and that haven';t done it yet, so come on peoples, you know its worth it  ~~

neagron

:goodpost:   Tony,I totally agree with you,and im an other scotsman that has donated.

Firstly this forum has help me a lot,the chat is 99% of the time very good with Knowledge and the banter is excellent,I         suffer from depression and it keeps me going when im low.

The other thing is we have three great guy';s in Gary the boss of bosses and the two moderators Craig and Chris,so please  take note of what tony has said,and lets keep this a happy and helpful fourum.

Marty. :scotland:

XH558

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Gav

I like the chat room the best on this forum and the friendly like minded members.  I do find myself looking at this forum more than any other, so that';s hats off to Gary who is the dedicated gentleman getting this forum going.  Good work my friend.

Edit
PS good work also to Chris n Craig :D

Cheers dudes

Gav

teslahed

All donations are appreciated, however much they might be. Funds go to covering bandwidth cost and paying for new features (like the chat room).

It';s also very much appreciated when people post up info about projects they are involved with, difficulties they';ve overcome, information they are aware of, or just cool pictures and videos of multirotor related stuff. Anyone on a tight budget who can';t afford to donate can still be a big help to the rest of us without parting with a penny!

So all contributions however much of whatever kind are appreciated and help keep the forum running :smiley:

And of course thanks to Gary for getting everything started and persevering through the first few months before things really snowballed.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

guest325

Absolutely 100% with what everyone else has said, like Marty I have suffered depression but part of my treatment was to get myself into a sociable hobby and I have to say I picked the best. I have a passion for anything that flies, and don';t restrict myself to one type of model. I am not all that experienced yet but have learned such a lot by being a member of some of the forums related to my hobby.
As regards this particular forum it is beyond any shadow of doubt the best Multirotor forum I came accross in my search for information - keep up the good work!!!
It';s also nice to see that we have quite a few members outside the UK, this just emphasises the fact that the forum is so good.
So a big :thankyou: to the people who run it  :bravo:

Gaza07

Thanks for all the kind comments  :embarrassed Any forum is only as good as its membership and the membership here is great a very friendly bunch who are always willing to help, the forum has now become a thriving community and  I';m proud to be a part of it at least I can now stop talking to my self  :rolleyes:
Chris and Craig have both been a huge help in making the forum what it is today, and I really appreciate their help and support  the forum probably wouldn';t be here today with out them   :beer2: :beer2: ~~

I would also like to offer a huge thank you to Stef BunnyGirl80 for the awesome new logo';s the forum now has,
she did say the others looked a bit crap so I said feel free to submit some new designs and well Im sure you all have to agree they are very good very well done Stef  :beer2: :beer2:  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

I used to run a few Counter Strike clans back in the day and know how hard it is to keep a forum/community going and it isn';t easy, so my hats off to you guys.

If Carlsberg made forums... :beer2:
Steve

ChrisH

What do I get from the forum?

Help, guidance and inspiration to name a few benefits. I do occasionally glance at some others but don';t find them anyway nearly as useful. That';s why I';m a sponsor!

Keep up the good work lads, heading for 600 members! Planning a party?  :beer2:

Now, that FPV information I was looking for.....  ~~

P.S. Gaz, now we have a new logo, a sticker to go with it?  ::)
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Col_M

I just gave a small donation too :)

I';ve only been here days but I';ve learnt a lot and I';m sure I';ll have plenty more questions once I';ve built my quad. The thing that struck me about this place and made me sign up in the first place instead of the larger forums was the friendly, laid back atmosphere. Keep up the good work everyone  ~~
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Balders

+1 to all the above.

Proud to be a sponsor.

A lot of guys have helped me (mostly spend money) and I hope I';m of help with the knowledge I';ve gained during the course of my hobby, now turning business.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Tony Campbell

Quote from: Col_M on Tuesday,March 19, 2013, 10:52:52
I just gave a small donation too :)

It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside  :beer2: lol.... worth every penny aint it?

dp106

I';ve been lurking on here for a bit now and taken my fair share of help so far.  I can only agree with other comments such a helpful forum.  I don';t think I';ve come across anything but helpful users so far.  In the past on some forums you have to be so careful not to ask the wrong question for fear of a hail of abuse for asking a dumb question.  I can safely say I';ve probably asked at least a couple of those and had nothing but helpful replies :)

Small contribution to the cause now paid.   :beer2:

Tony Campbell

Quote from: dp106 on Tuesday,March 19, 2013, 21:48:03

Small contribution to the cause now paid.   :beer2:

Nice one mate, and yeah, You just cant fault the forum for being helpful and freely giving info  ~~