Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 01:37:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My first quadcopter build (Diatone spadger 150)

Started by zeronest, Thursday,March 24, 2016, 17:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

zeronest

Hi guys thought id share my first build!

I got an Eachine falcon 250 about 3 weeks ago and whilst I think its great and will continue using it I instantly wanted something smaller, and to build myself, that';s half the fun right?
So I ordered some parts..

Diatone spadger 150 frame with 5/12v pdb and camera mount feet included etc
Diatone 600tvl mini cam
Dys 1306 3100kv motors - now upgraded to 1306 4000kv wow whata difference!!
Dys xm20a Blheli ESCs
naze32 rev6 FC
FlySky fs-ia6b RX with ibus
Et200 200mw vtx
Gemfan 3030 BN props (wanting some Rotorx 3040 triblades!)
Zippy compact 3s 1000mah 30c battery
Turnigy nano-tech 4s 850mah 25-50c battery

Dry weight approx. 185g
Auw 4s battery. 265g
Auw 3s battery. 240g

I realised space would be tight on this build especially as a first build but thought id give it a shot anyway as I wanted something smaller, I';m not too bad at soldering so it wasn';t a problem, every things soldered, the only connectors here is on the rx everything else is soldered to minimise weight and keep it clean.

Very surprised I didn';t run into more problems for a first build and being a complete noob ( its a lot to learn to research ) maybe I just got lucky.. anyway it flies pretty good considering I haven';t done any tuning yet, its pretty crazy on 3s I think i';ll wait until it try the 4s

Still got a few things to finish it completely, I didn';t realise the Fs-ia6b was as big as it is even without the case and whilst it fits snug it doesn';t leave much room for the ET200 VTX, (fpv isn';t connected in photos)

Any comments feedback tips advice appreciated thanks for looking and thanks for help from the forum!

zeronest

didn';t notice this at first but if I';m hovering the motors continually pick up speed despite keeping the same throttle amount on controller, anyone know why or how to solve this?

edit: something to do with I term increasing?
it only does this on the ground or at least its not noticeable in flight
maybe its not an issue

Cheredanine

How can you hover on the ground?

I term wind up occurs particularly if you have the air mode mixer, because the quad is not level and can not correct (I.e. Props off), with props on p term can correct so I term doesn';t get involved

zeronest

Quote from: Cheredanine on Friday,March 25, 2016, 07:38:50
How can you hover on the ground?

I term wind up occurs particularly if you have the air mode mixer, because the quad is not level and can not correct (I.e. Props off), with props on p term can correct so I term doesn';t get involved

I worded it wrong I meant keeping the throttle a the same amount, I calibrated my motors/escs and they still spool up gaining rpm on their own but only very gradually now, this is in horizon mode

Boogles

Total cost for the build? any flight vids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nub

nice wee build that, like the small main deck standoffs that make it look thinner/slicker ::)
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Gav

Looks great. Nice n neat

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

zeronest

Quote from: Boogles on Monday,April 25, 2016, 20:26:22
Total cost for the build? any flight vids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was somewhere around 150 I cant remember now, I';ve since changed to a deformation insects 130mm frame and also changed to 1306 4000kv, there';s some videos (if you can bare to watch them) of the 130mm frame carrying a hero4 clone cam just for laughs

Acetat

Great build.
One question, how did you connect your fs-ia6b to the naze32?

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

atomiclama

Nice build.

Just looked at the pictures. You can remove the right angled PCB from the RX to save some more space/weight just solder the cable direct onto the pads that are left.

Or get one of these to save even more

http://store.fpvbox.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=93

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

zeronest

Quote from: atomiclama on Wednesday,June 15, 2016, 10:47:00
Nice build.

Just looked at the pictures. You can remove the right angled PCB from the RX to save some more space/weight just solder the cable direct onto the pads that are left.

Or get one of these to save even more

http://store.fpvbox.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=93

Thanks, I had de-pinned my fs-ia6b, its pretty easy.
That rx with the pins removed would be even smaller though might have to try one  ~~

teslahed

That looks like a very nice build and I am sure you';ll find learning the basics much easier and quicker with a smaller aircraft that';s less likely to get seriously damaged in bad crashes than with a larger one. It';s easier to find safe flying spots for smaller aircraft so you should be able to get more practice in too.

I have a 250, 180 and 130. I fly the 180 and now the 130 the most.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

zeronest

Quote from: teslahed on Wednesday,June 15, 2016, 11:38:31
That looks like a very nice build and I am sure you';ll find learning the basics much easier and quicker with a smaller aircraft that';s less likely to get seriously damaged in bad crashes than with a larger one. It';s easier to find safe flying spots for smaller aircraft so you should be able to get more practice in too.

I have a 250, 180 and 130. I fly the 180 and now the 130 the most.

Thanks, I';ve changed it a lot since this, using a 130mm frame now ( and got a 109 coming  ::) )  I had the same thoughts though being more crash proof and also having more places to fly which is true because i can even fly in my garden with it, although i was too inexperienced to begin with - went in the pond 3 or 4 times haha

When i get round to it the next build will be a 190mm 5"

kurotor

Did you have to flash your i6 to get it to work with ibus on the naze32?

atomiclama

The model of RX determines if it supports iBus or not.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt