Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 00:33:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

The build starts this weekend.....

Started by gjc-ortho, Thursday,March 14, 2013, 20:25:56

Previous topic - Next topic

gjc-ortho

Since joining this forum my credit card has taken somewhat of a hammering but if all goes according to plan, the build will start this weekend!!

Must give a big thanks to bomber for all his advice(and for selling me virtually a complete quad just from the bits & pieces that he had left over!)

So, starting  this weekend providing time allows I';ll be learing to solder again and make a sport 330 quad.......

I suspect I';ll be looking for just a little bit of advice at some point.

Cheers

Biffa

Quote from: gjc-ortho on Thursday,March 14, 2013, 20:25:56
I suspect I';ll be looking for just a little bit of advice at some point.

Best advice I can give is keep the credit card handy and hide the bills from the other half :whistling:
Steve

guest325

+1 for hide the bills, and get used to the terms "didn';t you know I';d got that!"; "It only cost (a fraction of the price)".
I';ve tried those, but unfortunately after 40+ years together she can see right through me!  ::)  ::)  ::)

gjc-ortho

Well, it actually flew this evening about 10 minutes ago  :beer2:

Total time over the weekend has been about 4hrs yesterday (interrupted by the rugby) and a further 8hrs today.

Had a few very frustrating hours when I couldn';t get the receiver to behave (wired with reversed polarity :banghead:) and a bit of an incident with Threadlock on a prop adapter.

However, when it first took to the air it was significantly grin-inducing.

I strongly suspect that the really challenging bit is yet to come when I have to learn to tune the KK2 board but there is so much help on here that it should be okay.

Attached is a couple of photos from the weekend.

Forgot to ask, I';ve opted to put the lipo on the bottom but therefore the legs are too short. Any suggestions please.

Cheers

Gaza07

I';m pleased to hear you got it sorted it looks good in the pics  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

KK1W

Quote from: gjc-ortho on Sunday,March 17, 2013, 22:25:48
Forgot to ask, I';ve opted to put the lipo on the bottom but therefore the legs are too short. Any suggestions please.
Cheers

I used a TT heli gear. Here';s the part number: It is TT part# PV0035-2, Landing Skid Set X50.

Hope this helps...

Jim/KK1W

gjc-ortho

Thanks KK1W. Does the landing gear alter the flight dynamics much. I was hoping to fly somersaults,etc.

Cheers

teslahed

I don';t think you want to lower your centre of gravity too far below the mid point for flips and throwing your quadcopter about with - which is what the longer landing gear tends to do.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

gjc-ortho

Thanks for the reply. What do you use?

Cheers

KK1W

Quote from: gjc-ortho on Tuesday,March 19, 2013, 09:37:34
Thanks KK1W. Does the landing gear alter the flight dynamics much. I was hoping to fly somersaults,etc.

Cheers

I';m not good enough  to even consider that type of flying  :smiley:.  This is my first quad and I';m shooting for FPV and aerial photography as my main goal. I see Chris (teslahead) answered also - from watching his vids I would follow his advice, he';s a very good pilot  ~~
Jim/KK1W

rokit5

Quote from: gjc-ortho on Sunday,March 17, 2013, 22:25:48
I strongly suspect that the really challenging bit is yet to come when I have to learn to tune the KK2 board but there is so much help on here that it should be okay.

Oddly it was me that tuned Simons first kk2 board but there is lots of other people using them on the forum, if you need any assistance let me know. Give these a go if you get stuck:

PI settings.
ROLL + PITCH:   
P: gain:              55
P: Limit:             100
I: gain:               30
I: Limit:              30

YAW.
P: gain:              70
P: Limit:             20
I: gain:              60
I: Limit:             10

Mode settings:
self level: AUX
Link roll and pitch: yes
Auto disarm: yes
CPPM enabled: no

Stick scalling:
Roll: 30
Pitch: 30
Yaw: 50
Throttle:90

Misc settings:
Minimum throttle: 20
Height dampning: 0
Height D limit: 30
Alarm: 0
Servo filter: 50

Hope their not to much of a spoiler but Give the tuning a go yourself first.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

gjc-ortho

Thanks. Waiting for some better weather & some carbon fibre rods to make some landing gear out of.

Have tried to do it in the house but have only managed to frighten myself :blink

Cheers