Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 21, 2019, 19:10:20

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
21 Sep 2019 13:20:58
New Black n Black Theme installed  :smiley:
ched:
31 Aug 2019 20:37:03
Looking forward to BFU #9 footage  :D Hope you all had a great time
Gaza07:
31 Aug 2019 04:46:44
Hope you all have a great day today at the BFU 9  :beer2:
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:19:07
try again now, hopefully it should be resolved...
Gaza07:
29 Aug 2019 11:17:40
Should be fixed now
hoverfly:
29 Aug 2019 11:12:33
replies with only a few words are being rejected as file too big.. :hmm:
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:09:33
3D Site also affected
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:09:11
Gaza is on the case
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:09:03
there are currently issues with the forum
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:06:07
test
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196842
  • Total Topics: 19837
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Theme Changer





3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

tricopter from cadtomotion

Started by rob, Sunday,February 03, 2013, 15:46:08

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

I was looking at one of these:

http://cadtomotion.co.uk/tricopter.html

Has anyone had experiance of these guys? they are based near milton keynes. I am a novice, but I thought their stuff looks good, they have their own controller too based on wii equipment. I have sent them an email to ask a few questions.... The kits seem reasonably priced...

Balders

Quote from: rob on Sunday,February 03, 2013, 15:46:08
I was looking at one of these:

http://cadtomotion.co.uk/tricopter.html

Has anyone had experiance of these guys? they are based near milton keynes. I am a novice, but I thought their stuff looks good, they have their own controller too based on wii equipment. I have sent them an email to ask a few questions.... The kits seem reasonably priced...


Holy Crap!!! You call that price reasonable!!??

Here, I have some magic beans for sale!

Seriously, that is mega expensive for a tricopter.  I would have thought more like £125 tops.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
Sbaps.co.uk

mickyt

Gee wiz that';s dear crikey if you paid that you';d want you head examined
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

rob

Yes I appreciate that you could put one together for less than that, but if you don';t know what you are doing with props motors arms ect? I would be grateful if you could point me towards a less expensive ';all in'; kit from a UK supplier. As I am quite new to this and have struggled to find a kit which doesn';t require loads of time sourcing bits.

mickyt

Hi Rob, there are a few guy';s on here that can point you in the right direction re-tri copters, Balders,Gaza07, to name just two see keep an eye open for some replies I';m sure it won';t be long.

All the best for now matey ~~

Mick
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

DarrellW

WTF, my RCtimer 450 Flamewheel clone c/w Crius AIOP with gps and set up for me bnf was only £235, that is a serious ripoff. The other thing is that when (not if) you have a mishap you wont have a clue how to fix it. Build one with the advice you get on here, I';ve thought about building one myself - parts came to about £100 and that was being extravagent with some decent motors, esc';s and servo.
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Biffa

Steve

rob

Quote from: DarrellW on Sunday,February 03, 2013, 17:52:38
WTF, my RCtimer 450 Flamewheel clone c/w Crius AIOP with gps and set up for me bnf was only £235, that is a serious ripoff. The other thing is that when (not if) you have a mishap you wont have a clue how to fix it. Build one with the advice you get on here, I';ve thought about building one myself - parts came to about £100 and that was being extravagent with some decent motors, esc';s and servo.


Thanks Mate, will do

Gaza07

Hi Rob as the others have said that site is seriously over priced probably because its seriously out of date to the flight controllers on there are very yesterday and very basic you can get some thing much better and cheaper,
Is there a reason you want to buy from the uk only ? also have you got your heart set on a tricopter ?
We can easily guide you through buying all you need from the uk or other sites in europe which dont carry import duties or have long waits for shipping, and then help you with your build and as mentioned above when you do crash it it you will be more than able to fix it your self very easily, the guy mentioned early doing the ready to fly quads with AIOP and gps are £235 which is a much better deal, let us know what you want to do and exactly what you want and if we can help in anyway we will  ~~

rob

Quote from: Gaza07 on Sunday,February 03, 2013, 18:32:02
Hi Rob as the others have said that site is seriously over priced probably because its seriously out of date to the flight controllers on there are very yesterday and very basic you can get some thing much better and cheaper,
Is there a reason you want to buy from the uk only ? also have you got your heart set on a tricopter ?
We can easily guide you through buying all you need from the uk or other sites in europe which dont carry import duties or have long waits for shipping, and then help you with your build and as mentioned above when you do crash it it you will be more than able to fix it your self very easily, the guy mentioned early doing the ready to fly quads with AIOP and gps are £235 which is a much better deal, let us know what you want to do and exactly what you want and if we can help in anyway we will  ~~


Well I have a TBS discovery with all DJI parts including Naza, I have been getting on really well with it FPV; close proximity around trees under branches around buildings ect... But that is the only copter I have, and I am eager to try something totally different, I thought perhaps a tri would be good because the arms seem well suited for cameras... but there don';t seem many kits available, and there are so many different controllers, to be honest I am clueless, I realise that the Naza is good especially for a novice like me, but I would like to have a second copter which is different and perhaps a little cheaper, and a longer flight time would be good, I currently get around 6-7 mins 

Balders

Quote from: rob on Sunday,February 03, 2013, 18:58:58
Well I have a TBS discovery with all DJI parts including Naza, I have been getting on really well with it FPV; close proximity around trees under branches around buildings ect... But that is the only copter I have, and I am eager to try something totally different, I thought perhaps a tri would be good because the arms seem well suited for cameras... but there don';t seem many kits available, and there are so many different controllers, to be honest I am clueless, I realise that the Naza is good especially for a novice like me, but I would like to have a second copter which is different and perhaps a little cheaper, and a longer flight time would be good, I currently get around 6-7 mins


Naza doesn';t support tricopter, just to let you know.

Frames are very easy to knock up. Mine are pine strip from B&Q and some light ply to make the plates.

My frames are basically triangular in shape.

Other than that, I just followed the designs on rcexplorer.se
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
Sbaps.co.uk

rokit5

Hey Rob, I was in your position in january and bought a RTF quad. Now I built a tricopter for very little mony with minimal tools and now i';m working my way through as many different flight control boards just to get a feel for all the different programming needs.
I couldn';t recommend a KK2.0 board enough if you were now thinking of building your own. We';re a friendly lot and really only want to see new folk like your self save as much money whilst getting the best from what they';ve bought/built.
If your going to build your own i';ve used the following parts and bought them from the following places:

2212 1000kv or BL-2830/11 1000kv motors
SimonK 30A ESCs.
1045 props.
http://www.rctimer.com/

KK2.0 flight control board, set to Tricopter in the models list. If you want it flashed with the v1.5 firmware here';s the step by step for you:
http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1198.0
And you can buy it from here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31656__Hobbyking_KK2_0_Multi_rotor_LCD_Flight_Control_Board_UK_Warehouse_.html
Savox mini servo.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savox-SH-0257-Micro-Size-Digital-Servo-Heli-Parkflyer-/150980103862?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item23271d8eb6
The frame I built myself but if you wanted to get a good quality frame then this was recommended to me:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25437__Turnigy_Talon_Tricopter_V1_0_Carbon_Fiber_Frame.html
Other bits like Lipo, male to male servo cables and other bits and bobs you can buy from Hobby king also.

If you didn';t want to build one yourself then theirs members of the forum that can assemble the parts and price it accordingly knowing your going to get a better deal, Me for one. I';ve just started building for a long list of friends and can get one built within no time at all but, I recommend you build your own...Our help is here if you need it and the people replied above are normally loitering in the chat room if you wanted answer straight away.

Good luck mate and i hope this helps, the link in your original post is a bit of a con and using the KK2.0 fc board you will be in the air within no time, I';ve even got some setting that will help you get started.


"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"