Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 13:04:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 18
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Impatience!!!!!

Started by Tony Campbell, Tuesday,March 12, 2013, 21:35:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Campbell

Everytime i see the postie, he just puts bills through my door....... wheres my HK delivery!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

I just got a nice sheet of carbon delivered today, should be fine for the frame plates for the ';noname'; quad thats in my head. Smells a bit green still. Should be fine after a couple of days in my heating cupboard nest to the boiler!!!!

fruitsalad

grrrrrrrrr one of my worst, i hate waiting :angry:
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Gaza07

Have you got a machine for cutting the carbon sheet ?

Quote from: Tony Campbell on Tuesday,March 12, 2013, 21:35:47
Everytime i see the postie, he just puts bills through my door....... wheres my HK delivery!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

I just got a nice sheet of carbon delivered today, should be fine for the frame plates for the ';noname'; quad thats in my head. Smells a bit green still. Should be fine after a couple of days in my heating cupboard nest to the boiler!!!!
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Tony Campbell

No...... but I do have a couple of dremels, lots of cutting tools and miniature milling bits and a shed. You can do miracles in a shed!   :evil

Smeagol

Quote from: Tony Campbell on Tuesday,March 12, 2013, 22:13:29
No...... but I do have a couple of dremels, lots of cutting tools and miniature milling bits and a shed. You can do miracles in a shed!   :evil
Missus calls my shed the man cave, she hates dust so I make plenty to keep her away  :whistling:  :beer2:

Tony Campbell

Yup, mine occasionally visits the skunkworks, but just to bring the odd cuppa. Nothing better than get the heater on in the shed, digital radio on planet rock and make something. That reminds me..... must clean the bloody thing out before I start on the build. Bought 4 x simonk flashed esc';s, some props, male to male leads and a ubec from ebay today. They showed as dispatched within an hour, and being in the UK, I';m hoping they arrive tomorrow cos I';m day off!!!!

icedfusion

Make sure you have good ventilation with carbon fibre dust. Just do a google search to see how dangerous breathing that stuff in is! They even recommend cutting it underwater if you can, or at least with a water spray to ';trap'; the dust it is that bad for your lungs!

I have some cabon square tube - I would onlyl cut it with a hacksaw and never my dremel due to the dust it would create.

However, they are your lungs - treat them as you like!

ice.

Tony Campbell

Ahh, having finally perfected the art of living and doing so whilst modelling for 30+ years, I know the dangers of carbon dust and other nasties. I always wear a mask and also goggles too. A shard of carbon or, that of a shattering cutting wheel, can give you some serious eye grief. I dont fancy having my eye in a sling or a stookie for 6 weeks.

teslahed

Quote from: icedfusion on Wednesday,March 13, 2013, 19:14:29
Make sure you have good ventilation with carbon fibre dust. Just do a google search to see how dangerous breathing that stuff in is!

Just think asbestos if in doubt...
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Gav

I';m waiting for my replacement FatShark Dominators.   Mega delay from Chinese new year p1ss up in feb.  Please hurry slow boat from China

Tony Campbell

Quote from: Gav on Wednesday,March 13, 2013, 19:43:11
I';m waiting for my replacement FatShark Dominators.   Mega delay from Chinese new year p1ss up in feb.  Please hurry slow boat from China

No doubts mate  ~~ My first job when I left school was as a fibreglass laminater. I had a full drilling on particulate problems and the non breakdown of carbon based material in the human body. I wont come to any harm........I';ll just get the mother in law to do it instead!!!! :laugh:

Col_M

I feel your pain, I have everything I need for my quad apart from the frame and controller, annoyingly they';re the things that everything else connects to so I can';t really do anything until they arrive :(

The controller is on the way from somewhere the far east and my parents are bringing over the frame when they visit in early April so I';m still 2 weeks away from being able to start the build  :waiting:
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Tony Campbell

Postie has been here today, and apart from some props, that was it.......still no controller and gps. I';m sure he knows I really want them, and he';s just hiding them in his bag!!! :tongue:

Tony Campbell

Neighbour just handed me a small package, delivered by mistake.......

My motor mounts. From an ebay uk seller, but took their sweet time. They arrived at least.  ::)