Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 06:58:26

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 9
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Spring NORTHERN MEET 2013 - With FPV Workshops and Tutorials - PLUS FLYING!!!

Started by Jumpy07, Tuesday,March 12, 2013, 19:51:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

Thought would repost this in case anyone was interested...

Thread here: http://www.fpvhub.com/index.php/topic,9871.msg85339.html#msg85339

ITS BOOKED, so get ready for the BEST FPV MEET SO FAR....... ;D

Spring NORTHERN MEET 2013 is all booked for the 28th April 2013 (lots of notice so you can get it in your calanders).

It will be at Campsmount School just North of Doncaster, DN69AS. Plenty of hotels and cheap....erm things...in Doncaster.

This one I am hoping to do it all a bit different than just a fly in.

As there are so may who come on to this forum for advise an help I thought it would be a great idea to set up some "workshops" to help people out.

These will be ran at timed slots for rounghly 20-30mins and will take the following formats:

1: Beginners - All the basics on FPV such as equipment, staying safe, planes, mulitrotors etc etc.
2: Intermediate - Things such as extending range, antenna basics, OSD';s, autopilots etc etc.
3: Advanced - Long range, antennas, waypoints, firmware etc etc.

I already have one VERY WELL KNOWN member who has offered to help out in these workshops.

They will be fully interactive and will be presented on a big screen with the help of a visualiser so you can all see the fine details!!

There will also be FPV clinics, again at timed slots, (not for you to show us your cool scars, or I have this strage growth on my...). These will be there to get some advise from people how can help you out. So if there is a problem with equipment or other issues you should be able to get them sorted on the day.

There will be a "Cool technologies" area showing off laser cutting and hopefully 3D printing. There will be some cool keyrings to take home.

I have booked the portable big screen so we can have the simulator on it so people can "have a go" at FPV without the danger of stuffing it in.

Of course there will be flying both inside and outside.

Indoor stuff is limited to genuine INDOOR MODELS ONLY and quads in a set part of the sports hall which will be taped off. No large helis or large planes. Basically if it is going to kill someone please do not fly it inside :D

Outdoor flying is open to anyone and everything. The sports field is HUGE and there are some great flights to be had from there, plus the bonus of goal posts to fly through!! There will be some fun challenges to do including limbo and fastest flight etc. I should even be able to get hold of a speed gun, that would be cool!!

There is going to be a great deal of planning involved in this as I want it to be a great event for all involved and to be really helpful for those starting out in FPV or those who just want to find out more. I am going to put it in RCME and RCMW, might even put it on the BMFA website.... Manny might pop along ;D

Any ideas / suggestions or offers of help and participation would be greatfully recieved.

The local press are invited and should be coming as they are really interested in this sort of stuff.

I have had a word with God and he said the weather will be good for this one!!

Thanks and I hope to see you there.

Simon.
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

ChrisH

Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

rickp

bunnygirl80

Ooo! I think I will go! If anyone want';s a lift from Lancashire way, let me know! I won';t take Chris of course! lol  :blink
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

firey1

MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

peter_a

rickp

I was, but a very short notice meeting in Philadelphia on Tuesday has screwed up my plans...

Hope you all have a great time!