Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 01:36:52

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Settings for gimbal on Naza

Started by ChrisH, Monday,March 11, 2013, 22:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisH

Hi all,

Been setting up a GoPro gimbal and so far so good. I';m using 2 Emax ES08MD servos as recommended by the manufacturers. The Naza settings say "If you use gimbal, please choose On here, and select an Output Frequency(50Hz/100Hz/200Hz/400Hz). The chosen output frequency is recommended no more than the maximum servo supported frequency." 

Now the problem. I';ve trawled around trying to find anything specified as to a "frequency" for these servos. They are digital if that has any impact on this. Leaving it on 50Hz seems to make the servos judder but how do I find out what this should be ideally set to? Does it matter? I assume it must impact the operation of the servo otherwise why have it!

Any thoughts on this please!  :shrug:  :smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Balders

I just tried the various settings until I found something that was smooth but didn';t buzz.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

fruitsalad

found this,might be usefull..

ES08MD Freq. 333hz Center Position Pulse Length 1520us Dead band 1us
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

ChrisH

Thanks for that fruitsalad! Think I found something similar (but can';t find it now!) and I thought it said 333Mhz! Think I may have misread it!

Typical that the spec is somewhere in between the selectable options! Think like balders said it';ll be trial and error. Get some flying in with various settings and see if it has any visible effect! Have to charge the laptop so I can change the setting in the field!

Cheers.  ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4

ChrisH

Tried all the settings last night as well as limiting servo swing.

Now I';m confused :hmm: Apart from the 50Hz setting it was difficult to work out any difference in speed/vibration/noise.  :frantic: Left it set on 200Hz as 400Hz is above the spec mentioned for the servo.
Have to see how it goes.

It';s a little frustrating having partial information in the manual!  :whistling: Have to try doing manual tilt (set on knob of TX) while running video to see if any shake is visible! See what the weather is like at weekend!

Chris
Hubsan X4

rcjarvis

HI, Naza... mor like Dji have messed around with us enthousiast... for those who have had the chance to fly on version 2.01 firmware... we got as good results as we do with today';s brushless gimbals.. only difference, we had to adapt a slower gentler flying style... But dji, seeing that they had too good a product decided to downgrade the gimbal';s parameters, introducing unmanageable jitter and making the Naza a challenge to tune...

I made my gimbals, and I had a few weeks good experience in making fair videos... at this point my f-550 was tuned a little too fast and exceed the servO,s correction capabilities:

Naza 2.1 fw with first diy gimbal TX-20

But then they came out with firmware 2.02 wich had the wonderful IMU calibration tool.... that was the hook that got many of us fishes to upgrade... the freakin Naza was flying fine but hey... an upgrade could only make it better... crap...The insult was that there was no way to revert to 2.01...

Here';s what type of videos I was getting one week later, same everythng, only fw 2.02:

My diy gimbal

SO I SOLD BOTH MY NAZAS AND GATHERED ENOUGH $$ TO BUY ME 15  KK2s FROM HK AND THEY ARE MY FAVORITE FC EVERSINCE... dJI CAN GO STEEL MONEY OFF OTHER PEOPLE......

I understand, business, they were selling wookongs at 3 times the naza';s price for no apparent reason... so after 2.02 they had some reason to rip us off a little more.... Thanks to the Naza I have learned to fly quads... but I really want to emphasize that the Naza really keeps you from true flight experience... too much padding and control unles you fly manual mode... Learn on the naza, then sell it and buy 6 kk2 boards and enjoy tru performance... And a truly smooth gimbal stab section.. way better than even what the wonton... wookong will give you...

Dan