Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 20:07:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CC3d - Cleanflight - Motor Arming switch assign?

Started by Mudders, Friday,January 01, 2016, 09:54:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudders

Hi folks,

I';m trying to help a mate out, I';ve flashed his CC3D with cleanflight so he can play airmode, but I cannot seem to activate Aux2 in the RC settings so I can assign a  2 pos switch for motor arm. I have the modes all set up on Aux 1 on a 3pos switch and a switch assigned to Aux 2 in the TX.

He is using-

CC3D
Spektrum Ar7000
DX18

Where am I going wrong? Is it possible?

Thanks
Mat :-)

Graham Lawrie

You dont have a wire coming out of AUX1 signal?

To have both channels working you need to have connections from the receiver to the flight controller. You will then see the channel move on Cleanflight to the switch assigned to that channel.

Your ESC,s need to be flashed with the latest firmware for Airmode to work

Mudders

The Gear channel is appearing in cleanflight as Aux 1. I';ve tried the white/red/black connector in Aux 1 and Aux 2 on the RX, it does not appear in cleanflight in the rc section so I cannot assign it to "Arm". Everything is up to date and flashed etc.

Mudders

Static65

Correct me if I';m wrong but isn';t Air Mode still only a feature of Betaflight? It';s amazing stuff though so I';m sure it will get rolled into Cleanflight shortly. Are you actually referring to Active Braking, which is a feature of most oneshot-enabled ESCs these days?

I haven';t owned any Spektrum gear for a while now but have you made sure that you';ve assigned switches to the aux1/2 channels on the Tx? Does the Tx show the value changing when you flip the switch?

Mudders

Hi Static65,

You are right, betaflight is flashed to the board, configured in cleanflight as I understand it. Air mode requires ideally the motors to be armed from a switch, or else you run the risk of disarming accidently during flight. It appears CC3D board will only let me assign one switch, which I have set to three flight modes. I';m a channel short!

The TX has Aux 1 assigned to one 2 pos switch, and to be sure another 2 pos switch assigned to Aux 2 but it wont light up!

Static65

Is that a limitation of the CC3D then? Not a board I';m familiar with, I';m a Naze32/SPRF3 pilot. I';ve moved my arming to a switch too, took some getting used to at first as I kept using the left stick purely out of muscle memory!

Tell him to sell the Spekky gear and get a Taranis and use CPPM/SBUS :tongue:

quadfather

The CC3D only supports four channels in PWM mode. Five if you disable VBAT.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

bazzerh

I';m not familiar with spectrum pwm use on cc3d with betaflight. however if you';ve only got 1 aux channel, and you really want to arm with a switch for airmode, then just disable flight mode selection - you wouldn';t want to be using airmode in a self level mode anyway really?
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

quadfather

What you currently have plugged into AUX2 is not used on the CC3D (RX input 1) and only powers the RX.  That explains why you don';t get a response when trying to use it.

If you still want to give the CC3D a shot then you have to decide between switch arming and flight mode selection, as bazzerh said.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Mudders

Thanks for the reply';s, that explains why I can';t get the 6th channel. Naze it is then. I look forward to fudging my way through setting it up :-)

Thanks
Mat