Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 27, 2024, 05:33:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

KK 2.1 setup

Started by Jack, Thursday,November 26, 2015, 20:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Jazzz on Saturday,November 05, 2016, 19:34:15
Sorry i thought you were using the kk mini FC
As for the wires use all three posertive is always in the centre on the kk2 and signal wire is next to the lcd screen
Your brown is negative your red is posertive and your yellow is signal wire sorry again if I';m confusing
That OK I just want to make sure it is right order. I posted another layout that might help a little better.
If I know a question I don't ask. If I don't know the question then I ask. So please help me.
If someone needs help and I know the answer I will help them. That the way I am.

hotrodspike

Looking at top of quad

Motor 1 is clockwise rotation (CW) and top left
Motor 2 is anti clockwise (CCW) and top right
Motor 3 is clockwise (CW) and bottom right
Motor 4 is anti clockwise (CCW) and bottom left.

Looking at top of KK 2.1
Left hand side 5 sets of three pin plugs for Rx plugs

Top is Aileron
2nd is Elevator
3rd is Throttle
4th is Rudder
5th is Aux

If your rx leads are wired brown, red, orange, then brown to the outside of the board. If black, red, white, then black to the outside.

Right hand side 8 sets of three pin plugs

If your ESC leads are wired brown, red, orange, then once again brown to the outside of the board. If black, red, white, then black to the outside.

Top is Motor 1
2nd is Motor 2
3rd is Motor 3
etc etc down to Motor 8

The top 2 pin plug is for the buzzer or LED

The other 2 pin is for connecting to the battery for voltage monitoring with the positive pin on the outside of the board.

Jack

Here is a few pictures. If I need to change anything let me know.

One thing missing is getting power from Lipo to ESC not sure which one I need?
If I know a question I don't ask. If I don't know the question then I ask. So please help me.
If someone needs help and I know the answer I will help them. That the way I am.

hotrodspike

The thick cable from the battery has to be connected to the Power Distribution Board (PDB) using something like an XT60 plug and socket (I can';t see what sort of plug you';ve got on the battery or whether you';ve got a built in PDB). Some 450 frames have a built in PDB on the bottom plate, but not all of them. If yours has, (you';ll have four pairs of solder pads arranged around the board and another set on it';s own normally on the side) have you soldered the thick cables from the ESCs to the bottom plate? If you have, you should have another pair of contacts where you should have a short pair of cables soldered on with an XT60 plug (or similar) on the end, this will then mate with the XT60 (or similar) from the battery thus giving the PDB power from the LiPo. If you';ve used Hobbyking LiPos then they';ve normally got XT60 plugs on the end so you need to have the corresponding mating plug on the PDB.
Did you watch that youtube video I sent the link for? If not, watch it as Edward (the guy in the video) builds these things for a living and is very good at it. I bought all of the parts for my first quad from him and he showed me exactly what to do. It flew perfectly first flight!
Hope that helps a bit

John

Jack

First I have all ready watch and dowloaded the video because that how I built the Quad I have.

XT60 plug on the Lipo and I have the other end but I need to buy Power Distribution Board I don';t know which one to get but I know of 2 type one that you connect the power and ESC and the other one is the same but has chips on it to. Which should I buy or get?

I have been building this Quad for over a year now that when I join the Forum 2015. The Quad been hanging on my wall for over a year now.

The Lipo is a 3 Cell 30-40 discharge 2200mAh about how much flying will I have?

Hope this help.

hotrodspike

For what you';re building just the normal ESC and power connection type of PDB will do.
With a 2200 LiPo expect about 8 to 10 mins or a couple of minutes more if you don';t rev the motors too high.

Jack

Would this be OK?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-xt60-to-4-x-3-5mm-with-jst-plug-quadcopter-distribution-harness.html

Because I';m left handed and 3 finger on my left hand was cut off back in 1986. And can';t do a lot. I need it to easy as possible.

I just thought of something hope my left hand won';t stop of flying.

hotrodspike

Yes mate, that should do OK.

You should be OK as long as you';ve still got a thumb to put on the top of the sticks (you said fingers so I presume you';ve still got thumbs).
You might find it easier if you use a tray to keep your transmitter on, that way you won';t need to fiddle about holding it.

Jack

Yes I still have both thumbs and then put 3 fingers back on but one didn';t make it.

After I posted here I went back to HK and seen it had a JST connector that way I could plug in my VTX because it is 12v system. My VTX and camera power from 7 to 16v.

To  add more flying time what size Lipo should I get? Could I use 4 Cell Lipo?

ched

You will probably find a 4S wouldn';t give you more flight time even if your motors and esc could cope with increase in voltage.
I would say start with the 2200mAh 3s you have and see how you go. You could get a parallel XT60 connector and use 2 x 2200mAh batteries in parallel. This means you have the same voltage but twice the capacity (4400mAh).

Forgot to say 4S will be faster.
I try :-)

Jack

The 4 Cell was just a thought. The Lipo I have might enough for a while tell I get real good at flying. That is if I do learn how, but my son is going to get a Quad for xmas that why I want to get mind built.

Jazzz

From the look of the motors there like some I have and there 3 cell.
If your planing on getting a video transmitter you will
Have to no what voltage it';s and also the camera to decide
Which power distribution bored you should get .
Some simple fpv set ups like the one I have just plug in to the balance port of the battery to power video transmitter
And camera .
So if your set up is 3 cell you';ll need a set up that takes a range from about 11 volts to 17 volts to cope with the drop in volteg when your flying

ched

I don';t know if this is of any help. You can practice using a simulator called FPV Freerider that may help you learn cheaply. The software is about $6 (I think there is a Linux version) and there is a free demo to test with,  then you need a transmitter that can connect to your computer. Most transmitters have a training port on the back or side. You can get a cable for about $5 to connect the tx to your computer.
The simulator is designed for a 250 sized quad but you can slow its performance down a bit. It might help you with eye hand coordination.
There is also a simulator called Heli-X6 which has a free version and has a phantom sized quad you can again use your tx to practice with.

Hope that helps?

Jack

Quote from: Jazzz on Sunday,November 06, 2016, 21:51:47
From the look of the motors there like some I have and there 3 cell.
If your planing on getting a video transmitter you will
Have to no what voltage it';s and also the camera to decide
Which power distribution bored you should get .
Some simple fpv set ups like the one I have just plug in to the balance port of the battery to power video transmitter
And camera .
So if your set up is 3 cell you';ll need a set up that takes a range from about 11 volts to 17 volts to cope with the drop in volteg when your flying
My TX and camera can run on 12v system. The TX where I got it said it can be power on a 3 Cell Lipo.

Jack

Quote from: ched999uk on Sunday,November 06, 2016, 21:53:29
I don';t know if this is of any help. You can practice using a simulator called FPV Freerider that may help you learn cheaply. The software is about $6 (I think there is a Linux version) and there is a free demo to test with,  then you need a transmitter that can connect to your computer. Most transmitters have a training port on the back or side. You can get a cable for about $5 to connect the tx to your computer.
The simulator is designed for a 250 sized quad but you can slow its performance down a bit. It might help you with eye hand coordination.
There is also a simulator called Heli-X6 which has a free version and has a phantom sized quad you can again use your tx to practice with.

Hope that helps?
I was going to ask about simulator and I';m glad you told me. Do you think it would work with my FlySky CT6B and I do have cable for it to plug in it the computer.

ched

Quote from: Jack on Sunday,November 06, 2016, 22:10:50
I was going to ask about simulator and I';m glad you told me. Do you think it would work with my FlySky CT6B and I do have cable for it to plug in it the computer.
Both fpv freerider and heli-x6 have free versions you can try. So no cost just to give them a go.

Jack

Quote from: ched999uk on Sunday,November 06, 2016, 22:15:35
Both fpv freerider and heli-x6 have free versions you can try. So no cost just to give them a go.
I downloaded fpv freerider he had a $4.99 and $9.99(both version) and heli-x6 and heli-x42 (both version). I downloaded the Windows and Linux version.

Jack

I just order this now in a 2 or 3 weeks I';ll get it. I hope.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-xt60-to-4-x-3-5mm-with-jst-plug-quadcopter-distribution-harness.html
Then my Quad should be done. And if it don';t get to cold or snow I will try to fly it this year.

I forgot I will have to setup the Transmitter and KK2.1.

If I half way good I will add my VTX to it and take some video.