Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 01:06:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

"Drone" comes within 200feet of airliner

Started by rickp, Wednesday,March 06, 2013, 13:55:24

Previous topic - Next topic

teslahed

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

rickp

Its a tough problem for the CAA (and I have a very good friend who';s an ATC who says the same). The problem is that the genie is out of the bottle - so this stuff will continue to increase in popularity. Its quite like the problems that occured as powerful laser pointers became cheap. We can only hope that the few who are morons won';t end up imposing heavy restrictions on the rest of us (though reading the hoops for commercial approval, the ';Can';t Allow Aviation'; approach is very evident...)

Ross

Had the same thing happen in ';68 when I was in Air Traffic.  Six foot wingspan model passed down the side of an inbound airliner on short finals.  Modeller found operating from nearby beach .  Nicked under the ANO for endangering aircraft. Received a heavy fine (for those days).
Could well be 2k or more today.  :sick:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

Balders

Quote from: Ross on Wednesday,March 06, 2013, 15:39:57
Could well be 2k or more today.  :sick:

Plus jail time and a criminal record....

There is an upper fine limit, I think it';s 6 grand off the top of my head.  It came up as a question on the BNUC.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Ross

Sooner or later it will happen here -  then - expect CAA registration (and it will probably cost as well) and that';s from a mate  in the know!
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

shaktar

Reminds me of Airsoft. Back years ago you could walk into a shop and buy an Airsoft gun anywhere. Only law was don';t get it out in public.

Then they were bringing in a law to completely ban imitation firearms, all airsofter kicked off about it and all the shops.

But both side worked a way to keep airsoft as a sport going, so RIF';s (real Imitation Firearms) were still completely banned to buy, sell, import and make RIF';s unless you could prove you were a airsofter.

A group made an organization that would register you at your local site that you attended 3 times in so many months, and you had to renew every year.

But this wasn';t official or anything, was just a way to make sure no one broke the law and ruined the sport.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].