Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 16:33:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 15
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What connections do i need for the KK V2.0

Started by davethepitch, Monday,March 04, 2013, 22:12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

Hello all

I seem to have got confused about what connections i need for attaching to the KK V2.0 lcd flight controller.

I was under the impression that the small three wire servo type connectors that come from the esc';s go on right hand side of the flight controller and attach to the rows of three pins labelled M1, M2, M3, M4 although i am not sure which motor is supposed to be which.

And does the five three wire receiver connectors that come out of the receiver go onto the three rows of pins on the left of the flight controller labelled AIL, ELE, THR, RUD, AUX.

I was sure i read somewhere that the red wires on three of the esc connectors need to be removed as this can upset the flight controller depending what esc';s you are using.

My esc';s are the Rctimer 20 amp http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=147&productname= and i am not sure if i can just connect them as they are with all the three wires on each esc intact or do i need to remove the reds on some of them.

Also i think i read somewhere that i need to solder a red power wire from the distribution board to the KK flight controller to give it power.

I have been reading different threads all over the place about these KK boards and i have confused myself.

Can anyone explain if i have all the connections i need or do i need further leads and connectors if so what do i need. :frantic:

Thank you

Dave

davethepitch

teslahed

Quote from: davethepitch on Monday,March 04, 2013, 22:12:03 I was under the impression that the small three wire servo type connectors that come from the esc';s go on right hand side of the flight controller and attach to the rows of three pins labelled M1, M2, M3, M4 although i am not sure which motor is supposed to be which.

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1208.0

Read through that step by step guide - it explains that the motors connect to the pins on the right and that the menu on the KK2 will tell you which motor wire plugs into which motor pin (there is a little diagram when you get to the right screen).

QuoteAnd does the five three wire receiver connectors that come out of the receiver go onto the three rows of pins on the left of the flight controller labelled AIL, ELE, THR, RUD, AUX.

Yes

I was sure i read somewhere that the red wires on three of the esc connectors need to be removed as this can upset the flight controller depending what esc';s you are using.

My esc';s are the Rctimer 20 amp http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=147&productname= and i am not sure if i can just connect them as they are with all the three wires on each esc intact or do i need to remove the reds on some of them.

Some ESCs have switching BECs - if your ESCs have switching BECs rather than linear BECs if all 4 ESCs are trying to power the KK2 you can get issues. If you have problems with this you can cut the red wire on M2, M3, and M4, leaving M1 alone. Now you can be sure that only one of your 4 ESCs is powering the KK2 board. I am pretty sure you don';t need to do that though. Just leave the wires as they are unless they are definitely causing you problems.

QuoteAlso i think i read somewhere that i need to solder a red power wire from the distribution board to the KK flight controller to give it power.

You don';t need to do that if you are powering the KK2 with an ESC.

QuoteI have been reading different threads all over the place about these KK boards and i have confused myself.

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1208.0

That one seems good - try following it through. Usually the ';sticky'; topics at the top are particularly useful threads for this kind of thing.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

davethepitch

Quote from: teslahed on Tuesday,March 05, 2013, 18:18:02

Some ESCs have switching BECs - if your ESCs have switching BECs rather than linear BECs if all 4 ESCs are trying to power the KK2 you can get issues. If you have problems with this you can cut the red wire on M2, M3, and M4, leaving M1 alone. Now you can be sure that only one of your 4 ESCs is powering the KK2 board. I am pretty sure you don';t need to do that though. Just leave the wires as they are unless they are definitely causing you problems.

Hello teslahed

Thank you for the information now my only thought is what type of problems would indicate that i need to cut the red wires on M2, M3, and M4, leaving M1 alone.

Thanks Dave

teslahed

I am not sure. I haven';t seen it myself and i haven';t heard first hand reports from anyone else with problems caused by this.

davethepitch

I am just concerned that i do not damage the KK flight controller by having all the reds on the esc';s connected but i will try it and see what happens.

I will have to try and find some settings on the internet as a starting point for setting up the KK V2.0 board like gyro etc.

Thanks Dave

Biffa

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,March 05, 2013, 19:10:37
I am just concerned that i do not damage the KK flight controller by having all the reds on the esc';s connected but i will try it and see what happens.

I will have to try and find some settings on the internet as a starting point for setting up the KK V2.0 board like gyro etc.

Thanks Dave

Dave, why don';t you just remove the red pins from the ESC plugs and be done with it instead of worrying (obviously leaving one to power the board) ~~
Steve

davethepitch

Quote from: Biffa
Dave, why don';t you just remove the red pins from the ESC plugs and be done with it instead of worrying (obviously leaving one to power the board) ~~

Hello Biffa

I was not clever enough to think about that mate.  :embarrassed

Dave

teslahed

You wouldn';t damage the board by leaving all 4 plugged in. If the quadcopter was unflyable because of noise from interfering BECs and you tried to fly anyway - then you might damage it!

I cut 3 of the 4 wires on my first quadcopter - didn';t make any difference, never bothered to do it again.

davethepitch

I think i will just take the red wire gold inserts out of the M2, M3 and M4 connectors and put some heat shrink on them temporarily and see what happens.

Dave

teslahed

Some people do use small bits of tape or heatshrink and do that - works well and gives you the option to change your mind later.

dp106

I didn';t think you needed to cut the wire in the kk2 board because only the m1 connection took power to the board. I bought 3 opto esc';s for motors 2-4 so saved me the trouble :-)