Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 12:14:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 21
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Baffled by Naze UART2 for micro minimOSD

Started by Roland Sausage, Saturday,September 26, 2015, 11:27:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Sausage

I';ve got my micro minimOSD all wired up, fonts uploaded, overlay showing up in my goggles.  I can';t get any info on it though.

I';ve got tx and rx from minim connected to pins 5 & 6 (marked 3 & 4) on the naze as tx and rx are mapped to these when PPM mode is enabled (apparently).  I';ve done this as I can';t use UART1 for the OSD and USB at the same time.

This is the advice I';ve followed: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2380942

Other things I';ve tried include enabling GPS in cleanflight in the hope that it enables pins 5 & 6.  Enabled telemetry via MSP on UART2.  Lowered baud rate on UART2.  Lowered baud rate on telemetry and GPS on UART2.  Swapped tx and rx pins.  Enabled soft serial.

It looks like the ports tab in cleanflight has changed in recent releases as there is now no option for passthrough etc. as I';ve seen in older screenshots.

HELP!

quadfather

Did you connect RX on the OSD to TX on the Naze and vice versa?
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Roland Sausage

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,September 26, 2015, 11:49:25
Did you connect RX on the OSD to TX on the Naze and vice sersa?

I did try that, it was never really clear anywhere but a few threads I stumbled across mentioned it in relation to running GPS on UART2 so I assumed it';d be the same for OSD.

Just got it working though! I had to go into MWOSD GUI and enable ';use FC RSSI'; as I didn';t have it checked.  It used to be ';use MWii'; but seems to have changed.

I plugged back in with UART2 ticked for MSP at default baud rate (115200) and everything came to life  ::)

Roland Sausage

I still need to get voltage working (connected from PDB to BAT1) but I think I just need to connect to BAT2 instead to get that working.  That';ll be a project for this evening.

quadfather

Quote from: Roland Sausage on Saturday,September 26, 2015, 12:02:18
I did try that, it was never really clear anywhere but a few threads I stumbled across mentioned it in relation to running GPS on UART2 so I assumed it';d be the same for OSD.

Aye, when you connect serial devices you need to "cross the wires", i.e. RX from the OSD goes to TX on the Naze and the other way round.

Glad to see you got it working. ~~
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Roland Sausage

Any suggestions for battery voltage monitoring? I was planning to use the osd bat pins but is there any advantage to using the naze monitoring instead?

ched

I seem to remember reading that some Firmwares allow you to swap the Bat1 & Bat2 monitoring. So you might be able to read battery voltage via a firmware ';switch';.
Have a feeling I only found that out after I had swapped my battery cables from Bat1 to bat2  :smiley:
Can';t think of any advantage of the naze battery monitoring other than you may need less wires(? no idea)?
I try :-)

Roland Sausage

Quote from: ched999uk on Saturday,September 26, 2015, 13:07:54
I seem to remember reading that some Firmwares allow you to swap the Bat1 & Bat2 monitoring. So you might be able to read battery voltage via a firmware ';switch';.
Have a feeling I only found that out after I had swapped my battery cables from Bat1 to bat2  :smiley:
Can';t think of any advantage of the naze battery monitoring other than you may need less wires(? no idea)?

Cheers, I';ll plug it into the GUI again and have a look later.  If I can';t get it working I';ll try it through the naze...