Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 13:18:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CC3D in a fixed wing, anyone tried it yet?

Started by PaulJC, Saturday,September 26, 2015, 11:00:37

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJC

Seeing how cheap they are i was just wondering if anyone on here had tried it?

crash pilot

I was thinking same thing as I just bought one of them atoms and so far very impressed with set up I want to put on my funcub for fpv hope someone does it first so I know it works and I dont smash mine up  :laugh:

atomiclama

openpilot or cleanflight?

I know cleanflight worked upto 1.9 but is currently broken.

Fixes have not been merged to head yet.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

PaulJC

Quote from: atomiclama on Saturday,September 26, 2015, 12:51:07
openpilot or cleanflight?

I know cleanflight worked upto 1.9 but is currently broken.

Fixes have not been merged to head yet.

TBH, hadn';t even considered the options...

pete-c

DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera

bazzerh

I put a cc3d running the final OP firmware into a flying wing. the set up was not too bad and the flight was ok. In rate mode the wing did what it was meant to at low to mid throttle but at high throttle there were some nasty oscillations. In self levelling modes the wing tried to kill itself by immediately and repeatedly diving at the ground. this could be corrected by yanking back on the sticks but as soon as I let go again the wing tried to bury itself. the accelerometer was calibrated and the orientation was correct so I';m assuming it was just a bug.

I tried to add some TPS into the set up but it made the pids go wild whilst watching them in the GCS so I gave up at that point and flashed cleanflight onto the board. that was just a bad joke in my opinion. the set up is double dutch and I gave up after an hour of googling and tampering.

I';d be tempted to try librepilot in another wing but my thinking now is it isn';t worth it. just fly fixed wing manually or go the whole hog and run a pixhawk with full gps and auto pilot capabilities.
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

guest325

Having tried a kk2 and kk2.1 for that purpose I would say that it';s not worth the trouble, this is better and cheaper and much easier to set up:
http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=106
Of course it is dependant on use of Spektrum gear but I think that there may be a Futaba version available. They are also available as stabiliser only so can be paired with a different rx, just convenient for those who use Spektrum to have the combined version.
If you want gps functions then APM or Pixhawk are the best options apart from the fixed wing specific controllers.

Chippercheese

I';ve got a Naze32 in a fixed wing, running Baseflight - in passthru mode it works just fine, self level goes into oscillations like mad because I couldn';t be arsed to PID tune (never really intended to use levelling - just wanted to reduce wire clutter by using the naze with a PPM RX in passthru mode)
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR