Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 18:20:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Going CleanFlight

Started by PropsToYou, Thursday,September 10, 2015, 12:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

PropsToYou

I';m thinking of switching to clean-flight on my 250 (Using stock OpenPilot at the moment) and wondered if there';s anything I should be aware of whilst doing so?
Also, would I be better off switching to Naze from my CC3D or will I not really notice/need a difference?

Thanks all
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Nazgul Evoque F6D V2
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

Portfolio Site: \www.JoshForwood.co.uk
Online Store: \www.ByteTech.co.uk

NorcoT

Hey, i can recommend the switch to cleanflight, I did it on my 250 with CC3D about a month ago and I have never looked back. The quad just feels more solid, even running the default PIDs it flies very well.

One thing to note, if after you flash it and plug it into the computer and the cleanflight config tool doesnt pick it up, then you most likely will have to power the CC3D board and giving it a few seconds to boot and then plug it into the computer. You can either plug in the LiPo (props off of course :p) and then plug in the USB, or sometimes you can plug in the USB slowly, enough to pick up power but not connect the data pins, this method works for me.

Another thing to watch, the motor layout is different from openpilot to cleanflight. The numbering is different so you will have to change what pins your ESCs are plugged into.

Other than that I didnt really have any problems, just had to take some time to learn how cleanflight software is set up.

ched

I switched my cc3d to CleanFlight so that I could use Bluetooth to adjust pid';s. Works fine. Only thing I have found is that it seems like you have to have main battery power connected before you plug in usb to fc otherwise you can';t connect!
I think the gotcha is that the motor outputs are different!!!!!!! So you have to move esc control wires on the fc.
Been too busy to actually get out and tune but Bluetooth and EZI-GUI app on android work great.
I think the most popular PID profile is no2. As I think 1 has issues if you change rates you need to change pid';s to get same flight characteristics.

Happy Flying
I try :-)

atomiclama

I bought a CC3D coz it was cheap and so small.

Put CF on it no problems currently running some nightly build version with great success.

Using PIDC2 Luxfloat with reduced gains as the defaults are too high.

My BT dongle did not work on the main port as there is a pull up resistor missing on the CC3D but works fine on the other port.

You have blackbox recording as well  ~~

Not bad for a tenner

Give it ago and see how it flys, before thinking about spending money on a different FC.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

NorcoT

Quote from: atomiclama on Thursday,September 10, 2015, 13:43:12

You have blackbox recording as well  ~~

How did you get this to work atomiclama? I clicked the clear data button on the blackbox tab which seemed to clear it, then I checked the enable blackbox. I';ve had numerous flights since and when I got to the blackbox tab there appears to be zero data and download button is greyed. Is there something else I have to do?

PropsToYou

Well that';s my mind made up, will possibly flash this evening :D
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

atomiclama

From the manual and memory

feature BLACKBOX
set blackbox_device=1

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/blob/master/docs/Blackbox.md

it just worked  ::)
Sorry I do most through the CLI
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

atomiclama

The hard part is working out what to do about all those wiggly lines
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

PropsToYou

Whilst on the subject, is a swap to a Naze simple enough or is there a fair bit of work involved?
Is it even worth it?
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

add1ct3dd

Quote from: ched999uk on Thursday,September 10, 2015, 12:40:54
I switched my cc3d to CleanFlight so that I could use Bluetooth to adjust pid';s. Works fine. Only thing I have found is that it seems like you have to have main battery power connected before you plug in usb to fc otherwise you can';t connect!
I think the gotcha is that the motor outputs are different!!!!!!! So you have to move esc control wires on the fc.
Been too busy to actually get out and tune but Bluetooth and EZI-GUI app on android work great.
I think the most popular PID profile is no2. As I think 1 has issues if you change rates you need to change pid';s to get same flight characteristics.

Happy Flying

There';s a trick to connecting it - it';s due to OpenPilot';s bootloader on the board (takes a few seconds to initialize which is why you cant connect straight away).

Plugin the USB port only enough for the lights to light up, wait a couple of seconds, then plug it in fully :)

It will then connect to CF :)
ZMR250 x 2, Quanum 250, Kermit 170mm.