Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 21:27:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Which screws go where

Started by davethepitch, Wednesday,February 27, 2013, 20:15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

Hello all

My 450 frame arrived today but i am not sure which size screws go where on the frame as there are two sizes the first set are 16 x m3*7.5mm and the second set are 24 x M3*6mm.

I am not sure if anyone has come across this but i thought the screws would have all been the same size.

Thank you

Dave

bomber

Theres 24 holes for the arms,to attach to the centre plates...so that would be the 24xM3 6mm??.....by the way i have some good motors for that in the for sale section!! ;) ;)

teslahed

Quote from: bomber on Wednesday,February 27, 2013, 20:20:01
Theres 24 holes for the arms,to attach to the centre plates.

Yeah count the holes - that';s the way to work it out.

I think they are a bit mean not providing any spares but it does mean you can work out which ones go where.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

davethepitch

Quote from: bomber on Wednesday,February 27, 2013, 20:20:01
Theres 24 holes for the arms,to attach to the centre plates...so that would be the 24xM3 6mm??

Hello bomber

I thought that about the 24 screws for the legs and then i said to myself but what about the other pack of 16 x m3*7.5mm screws where do they go.  :confused:

Dave

teslahed

Quote from: davethepitch on Wednesday,February 27, 2013, 20:39:49 I thought that about the 24 screws for the legs and then i said to myself but what about the other pack of 16 x m3*7.5mm screws where do they go.  :confused:

4 for each motor.

bomber

Quote from: davethepitch on Wednesday,February 27, 2013, 20:39:49
Hello bomber

I thought that about the 24 screws for the legs and then i said to myself but what about the other pack of 16 x m3*7.5mm screws where do they go.  :confused:

Dave

I had the same problem when i built my first 450  :smiley: :smiley:

teslahed

The total lack of instructions is a bit of a pain considering that they are selling them to complete beginners.

KK1W

The longer ones are for the motors.

I just built one a few months back. Not the highest quality screws but the hex wrench supplied is even worse :banghead:

Have fun and keep us in the loop.
Jim/KK1W

rickp

I got the same kit. One of the motors had only been threaded on 3 of the holes *sigh*

davethepitch

Oh dear the two posts above dont seem very promising so i am glad i only paid £8 brand new for the frame.

The 16 x m3*7.5mm seemed to obvious to be motor screws as i thought that motors came with there own screws.

Dave

shaktar

Yeh its defiantly the longer ones for the motors as the shorter ones do not reach through the arm.

And yeh the hex wrench is a pain. dam thing wears out really fast.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].

teslahed

Quote from: davethepitch on Wednesday,February 27, 2013, 21:31:29
Oh dear the two posts above dont seem very promising so i am glad i only paid £8 brand new for the frame.

The 16 x m3*7.5mm seemed to obvious to be motor screws as i thought that motors came with there own screws.

Dave

Motors usually come with their own screws but on that frame you need to use longer ones - that';s why it comes with 16 of them (4 for each motor).

I didn';t bother sending you any screws with the motors i sold you because they wouldn';t fit and i know the 450 frame comes with the right ones - you';ll be fine  :smiley:

QuoteAnd yeh the hex wrench is a pain. dam thing wears out really fast.

Throw the free one away and buy yourself a decent hex wrench if you haven';t already - you';ll use it lots.

davethepitch

Hello all

Well i assembled the frame but i had two slightly squeaking screws as they were almost all the way in when i was fitting them but at least they come out again if need be.

I did not use the little hex wrench as i have a pretty decent set of hex headed drivers so everything fitted ok.

Dave

bomber

Dave

The DJI copy frames are quite good,but if you want to do stunt flying,and crash a lot  :whistling:..the legs are a bit weak..........hence why im now trying to get a carbon frame built at a reasonable price......

Gaza07

I think the clone arms are more brittle in winter and do snap very easily  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

dp106

Dave
You should think yourself lucky. The frame I';ve just bought doesn';t have any screws for the motors so I now have to try and get some :-$ Of to my local hobby shop today frame and motor in my bag :-)