Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 07:10:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Hubsan x4 Fatshark FPV

Started by robhho123, Tuesday,August 25, 2015, 11:22:42

Previous topic - Next topic

robhho123

Hi guy';s

I have a hurricane 250 racing quad and I bought a fatshark fpv stystem with a Spektrum VA1100 micro camera. I wanted to be able to still practice fpv flying as I am new to it so I went to maplin and bought a small hubsan x4 mini quad and stuck the fpv camera on the top and removed the original built in camera and wired it in so the camera comes on when the battery is plugged in. weight wise is  about the same as it was with the recording camera so flight time and agility doesn';t seem to be affected. I find this is a great little setup for anyone who wants to keep practising or just wants a bit of fun in a small package and is great inside and out.

Just thought I would share this and I will attach a picture later to show you what is like.
Rob

Hurricane 250 & loads of other micro's the I bodge together for some fun.

Friskle

any chance you could post some pics of this please ?

i have the Nano QX FPV, have just ordered some upgrade motors for it, but at the price of the Hubsan RTF, this could be the better future option overall.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

robhho123

Heres a pic the camera it looks big but weighs nothing. the only place I could put it without modifying and not hit the blades was in the centre of the quad copter which works well actually for weight distribution and view is good.
Rob

Friskle

mines without the case, but looking at that, its to out in the open for me, so may look at a slightly bigger micro quad, i have a UDIRC one, so may try something with that, as i would like it more enclosed, after all, to buy another its 70 quid lol.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

robhho123

I agree with you on that one, it is a bit precarious sat on top. it could probably be mounted into the case with some modification.
Rob

SaneBrady

Scrap the hubsan chassis and replace it with a micro H frame from phoenix flight gear or micro motor warehouse, I';ve just transfered all the internals from my X4 into the mmw frame and at 135 mm there';s plenty of room to mount better fpv setups, cp antennas etc.
I';m also using it with a pair of fatshark v3 and given its size it gets used pretty much every day as my goto quad for fpv flight.
MMW  135 Carbon H / H107D FPV
ZMR 250 / Crius 2.5 ( multiwii 2.4 ) / emax 1806 2280 / Fav 12a esc /immersion rc 600
Gravity 250 / Naze32 Afroflight ( Cleanflight ) / dys be1806 2300  / dys 16a blheli / aomway 200
Tarot TL250C / Naze32 Afroflight / dys be1806 2300 / dys 16a blheli / immersion rc 600

robhho123

I';ve just 3d printed a new frame and done that so much better setup.pic below turns out quite nice.

What do you guys think.
Rob

PropsToYou

Quote from: robhho123 on Thursday,August 27, 2015, 22:14:12
I';ve just 3d printed a new frame and done that so much better setup.pic below turns out quite nice.

What do you guys think.

Would you be happy to share the model? Would love to give this a try :)
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Nazgul Evoque F6D V2
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

Portfolio Site: \www.JoshForwood.co.uk
Online Store: \www.ByteTech.co.uk

Friskle

What do you guys think.

OOO i wonder how much that would be Posted, just in case anyone fancied printing one ?
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

robhho123

Rob

SaneBrady

Quote from: Friskle on Thursday,August 27, 2015, 22:40:25
OOO i wonder how much that would be Posted, just in case anyone fancied printing one ?
A lot cheaper than buying from abroad  ::)
I like the look of this also, could shove the gubbins from a 107L and add fpv for a lot less cost  than the 107D.
MMW  135 Carbon H / H107D FPV
ZMR 250 / Crius 2.5 ( multiwii 2.4 ) / emax 1806 2280 / Fav 12a esc /immersion rc 600
Gravity 250 / Naze32 Afroflight ( Cleanflight ) / dys be1806 2300  / dys 16a blheli / aomway 200
Tarot TL250C / Naze32 Afroflight / dys be1806 2300 / dys 16a blheli / immersion rc 600

robhho123

It';s good coz you can mount a bigger battery on. I put a 650mah on and got around 15 mins flight Tim out of it. I';ve ordered some turnigy 750mah with highC rating see what they will be like.
Rob

richardg6paj

What do you guys think.
I think it';s excellent, would you mind sharing the motor centres, I was going to have a go at cutting one out of polycarbonate.

Richard

Moffmo

I dont know anything about the hubsan x4 - but they do seem popular!

Can you fly these in rate mode - to truly practise fpv?

annikk.exe

Unfortunately no, the Hubsan x4 cannot do rate mode.

If you want a toy-grade aircraft for indoor practice that does have rate mode, consider the Blade Nano QX.
Another key advantage of that aircraft is that you can bind to it using DSM2.  That means Spektrum radios work with it, and other radios such as the Taranis can also bind to it if they use a plug-in module that supports DSM2.
This is nice because then you can practice flying using the sticks you';ll eventually use on your larger aircrafts.

For beginners, I always suggest to them to consider 3 different models.  The Cheerson CX-10 is a great flyer and very cheap.   The Hubsan x4 is also a great flyer and has a removable battery and a better controller (which looks like Batman).  And the Nano QX is best if you';re fairly sure you';re going to get serious with this quadcoptering business, for the reasons listed above. :>

I';ve owned all 3 of them.  The Nano QX is the best flyer of the 3, then the CX-10, then the Hubsan x4.
Rate mode is a feature I';ve been unable to find on any other toy grade aircraft.

JeremyE

The Hobbyking Q-bot is rate mode and comes with the module that plugs into the taranis. Its also nice and cheap http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=47900

I found rate mode very hard to fly indoors in a confined area. But it handles windy conditions very well!

annikk.exe

Ooh cool!  Hadn';t seen that one before.  Nice find!

On paper, that has all the advantages of the NanoQX.  I wonder if it flies as well?

Quite tempted to order one just to see what it';s like..

JeremyE

Quote from: annikk.exe on Friday,August 28, 2015, 15:27:50
Ooh cool!  Hadn';t seen that one before.  Nice find!

On paper, that has all the advantages of the NanoQX.  I wonder if it flies as well?

Quite tempted to order one just to see what it';s like..

I find it flies well. It has a high and a low setting. In the high setting, if you pull the sticks fast it does flips and rolls. Its a vey fast micro quad. Much faster than the hubsan.

Moffmo

Quote from: annikk.exe on Friday,August 28, 2015, 15:13:18
Unfortunately no, the Hubsan x4 cannot do rate mode.

If you want a toy-grade aircraft for indoor practice that does have rate mode, consider the Blade Nano QX.
Another key advantage of that aircraft is that you can bind to it using DSM2.  That means Spektrum radios work with it, and other radios such as the Taranis can also bind to it if they use a plug-in module that supports DSM2.
This is nice because then you can practice flying using the sticks you';ll eventually use on your larger aircrafts.

For beginners, I always suggest to them to consider 3 different models.  The Cheerson CX-10 is a great flyer and very cheap.   The Hubsan x4 is also a great flyer and has a removable battery and a better controller (which looks like Batman).  And the Nano QX is best if you';re fairly sure you';re going to get serious with this quadcoptering business, for the reasons listed above. :>

I';ve owned all 3 of them.  The Nano QX is the best flyer of the 3, then the CX-10, then the Hubsan x4.
Rate mode is a feature I';ve been unable to find on any other toy grade aircraft.

Might have to get that! My Devo 10 does DSM2 so I can bind it to that without any mods  :cool:

richardg6paj

Quote from: richardg6paj on Friday,August 28, 2015, 09:39:33
I think it';s excellent, would you mind sharing the motor centres, I was going to have a go at cutting one out of polycarbonate.

Richard
It';s ok I';ve done it.

robhho123

Sorry been busy there 90mm centres.
Rob

richardg6paj

Quote from: robhho123 on Friday,August 28, 2015, 19:42:19
Sorry been busy there 90mm centres.
It';s ok Rob, wasn';t being sarcy,,  I downloaded the stl files and took measurements from them.

Regards