Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 14:31:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Introducing the RCYourC R-Quad

Started by rcyourc, Sunday,September 28, 2014, 20:32:50

Previous topic - Next topic

rcyourc

Hey Folks!

Just want to introduce myself and let you know there';s another player in the high-performance FPV mini-quad market, the RCYourC R-Quad!

The R-Quad is a modular, carbon fiber-only, FPV mini-quad platform that takes lessons from all that have come before it to make a super-durable, high-performance quad-copter system.  It comes in two sizes, the mini 250 and the XL 350.  Unlike other platforms that have extended arms to accommodate 6" props, the XL can accomodate 8" props, which dramatically improves payload capacity and flight times.  Since they share the same modular main frame, they can both fit all necessary electronics (receiver, FC, ESCs, FPV camera, FPV transmitter, and OSD), but they also utilize a robust anti-vibration camera mount for a Mobius or GoPro.  The R-Quad is exceptionally light-weight, forgoing a double stacked lower frame and instead placing the frame stand-offs closer to the arms to create the necessary frame rigidity (the XL has an additional arm support brace, not shown).  Lastly, since you all have your favorite Flight Controllers, the R-Quad can accommodate a huge variety of FC's, including the Naze32, NanoWii, CC3D, KK-mini, or even the Naza Lite. 

Teaser Action Video
Or on YouTube

Much more media coming soon!

I know I have to take the good with the bad, but I';d love your feedback!  Without your experience and commentary, I don';t have much to go on.  So please if you have a moment to check it out, I';d appreciate hearing from you.  And if you have any questions or inquiries regarding the design, development, production or anything about the R-Quad product line, please don';t hesitate to ask. 

Best Regards,

Michael
michael@rcyourc.com
www.RCYourC.com

guest325

orfordness

there';s a space at the beginning and end of your link stopping it working

try: http://www.rcyourc.com/
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

xxpitt

there';s alot of holes in that frame. looks a bit thin in places

teslahed

I wouldn';t be happy using a mini quad with mainplates with cut outs that large without a third centre plate directly on top of the arms. In my experience having those 2 plates clamping directly either side of the arm adds a lot of stiffness and strength.

Maybe someone can review one and give people an idea how they compare with other frames?
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

nub

that';s going to flex like a mutha across the arms? and i';d hate to see the state of the plates after a hard crash.

it needs another plate and less holes IMHO.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

guest325

Quite agree with what other people have said, there is way too much area of fresh air!
Two downsides of this:
1) More machining so more expensive
2) Torsional strength drastically reduced with the hole pattern shown.

JAB1a

Quad does look interesting, what is the weight of the frame as it is in the photo?

I would also be very wary of those holes in the main plates, a good hard crash is perfect for finding the weak points.

I like the idea of the XL being able to fit 8" props but cant see a photo of a constructed one, only the frame parts on your website.

If you need a good review then I would be happy to take delivery of an XL frame to give it baptism by extreme FPV and review for you ;)  ~~

BrianS

Agree it does look weak in places.

If i was going to spend that much on a frame ($129.99) i would spend a little bit more and buy a Blackout Mini H.

malc

also makes your electronics';s vulnerable even if it doesn';t break. 

soggybottoms

what makes this modular? apart from looking like it';ll crumple at first impact coz of the holes it looks no different to one of my 250';s

xxpitt

Quote from: soggybottoms on Monday,September 29, 2014, 19:13:24
what makes this modular? apart from looking like it';ll crumple at first impact coz of the holes it looks no different to one of my 250';s

good point, maybe frame is same size and you stick the longer arms on for 8 inch props, just a guess. think it will be a really light frame anyway. if you need a crash test dummy, i';m your dummy!