Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 18:04:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

another missing quad on ebay

Started by chris36, Monday,July 27, 2015, 12:52:03

Previous topic - Next topic

chris36

Spotted this on ebay http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252038536935 ive contacted the seller asking if hes actually handed it into the police first or not
Diatone Whitesheep at9 transmitter naza lite
Prusa I3 3d printer
Nearly finished Shapeoko2

ched

Well spotted. Not surprised it was lost, looking at the quality of the build. Looks scarey, lots of exposed lipo joints!!!!

Hope the person who lost it can get it back and maybe come here and learn  ::)
I try :-)

chris36

Lol bit like me need to learn lol I learn hard way so mine prob be on ebay nxt mnth
Diatone Whitesheep at9 transmitter naza lite
Prusa I3 3d printer
Nearly finished Shapeoko2

DarkButterfly

What an abysmal build, there appears to be an exposed deans connector going to an XT60, don';t even get me started on the balance lead, that';s a short out/fire risk for sure, although the battery is probably goosed anyway, its still connected in the pictures.

Hopefully the owner gets it back and seeks advice on making safe/proper connections to lipo batteries.

:smiley:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

kilby

Silently hoping that the ';seller'; was the builder but couldn';t admit to doing such an awful job
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

bazzerh

If the seller was the builder then he';d have put an on/off switch on the battery. He seemed a but surprised there wasn';t one. I sent him a message regarding theft by finding and suggested his local police station would be a more appropriate place for the item instead of a for sale ad on ebay
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

dirtyharry

In my opinion if you don';t put a name / address / contact on your FPV craft its just plain tough sh1t if you loose it and some-one sells it on flea bay. I wouldn';t do it myself as I have an appreciation of the work that goes into them , but most folk won';t.

Or to put it another way , what';s worse , crashing a poorly built and probably uninsured/illegal multirotor or flogging a lost "toy" on a public auction site.

Yellow

How i wonder what his logic was for soldering a din connector, and then onto the xt60. Lets work that out before going on about poor execution of the method!

richardg6paj

I also sent the seller a message. Here';s the reply:-

New message from: si_66hill (540)

Thank you for your concerns... Some points I obviously need to clarify in respect of this listing.

1. I do not know how long it had been lost on my land, but it had certainly sat there more than a day or 2 before I came accross it.
2. The item has then sat indoors at home for at least 6 weeks.
3. The item has been checked with the police';s lost and found website via the local police constabulary. No reports of a missing drone in the location found exist.
4. During this conversation I asked the police control room outright whether I needed to hold onto the item for longer or could now dispose of it. I was quite clearly told that as there was no record of such an item missing I was free to dispose of it.

Simon