Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 14:40:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

cc3d - Mini MinimOSD - GPS - Compass? - Infield PID Tuning!

Started by ched, Thursday,July 23, 2015, 10:43:39

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Just ordered a Mini MinimOSD and a UBLOX-6 gps unit. I like the idea of info on screen and I do like gadgets  ::)
Anyway I have just had a thought. The cc3d doesn';t have a compass (gps module does but not sure enough cc3d inputs or code?).
So will the direction to home work?

While reading up on the mini minimOSD found that it enable adjustments of PID values, amongst other things, via the OSD and tx!!!

So I no longer need a bluetooth module to enable PID tuning via a mobile, I had installed CleanFlight so I could use an app!

So is there a way to get direction to home to work with a cc3d?

Cheers
I try :-)

DRKX

Hey ched99uk,
Nope the CC3D does not utilise a GPS other that supplying telemetry info.

I';ve never heard of PID values on a minimosd!? It would be great if it could (I';m going to look into it) I';ve setup a bluetooth module and it works great.

Why have you installed cleanflight?

ched

Quote from: DRKX on Thursday,July 23, 2015, 10:54:42
Hey ched99uk,
Nope the CC3D does not utilise a GPS other that supplying telemetry info.
I';ve never heard of PID values on a minimosd!? It would be great if it could (I';m going to look into it) I';ve setup a bluetooth module and it works great.
Why have you installed cleanflight?
Cheers.

I do realise cc3d wont actually do anything with the gps data other than pass it to the osd.
But without a compass how will the osd know which direction is home? Does it just use gps co ordinates?
As for CleanFlight, it was the only way I could find to get an android app to work with cc3d. I tried the OP apps and the Tau labs ones but none seemed to work with latest fw. Is there another solution for android?

Info on Mini MinimOSD and PID tuning is here: http://blog.oscarliang.net/minimosd-micro-setup-naze32-pid-rssi/
I may be mis reading this as it talks about Naze32 not cc3d and it is talking about CleanFlight. Have to have a play when it arrives.

DRKX

Hello ched999uk,
I know absolutely nothing about cleanflight or naze32';s so I';m going to next to useless, sorry!
Does cleanflight still use UAVTalk with the minimosd?

I had the same issue with android, it kinda works (but generally is a bit pants) with OP so I went out and got a 2nd hand Windows 8 tablet. Now I can communicate via bluetooth to the complete version of the OpenPilot GCS

ched

Hi DRKX I also no very little about naze32 but I am learning about cleanflight. Not even sure cleanflight uses UAVTalk. I think it will take me a fair bit of ';playing'; with the ccd and minimOSD to see if I can get it all to work.
I am hoping the MinimOSD will allow PID settings via tx as I don';t have enough ports for gps, OSD and bluetooth.

PS CleanFlight and it';s apps (at least 3) work great with Bluetooth. You can adjust all the pids and there seems lots of other info available. Only got it working last night so not played much yet.
So far only downside of CleanFlight is it is no where near as user friendly as OP. OP will guide you through a complete setup. CF doesn';t seem to have any wizard. So you have to find a guide written by someone. I doubt is OP or CF makes any difference to flying once you get PIDs setup.

DRKX

Quote from: ched999uk on Thursday,July 23, 2015, 11:42:10
I am hoping the MinimOSD will allow PID settings via tx as I don';t have enough ports for gps, OSD and bluetooth.

I';ve got the same problem. I';ve got s-bus receiver connected to the ';main'; port and a HC-06 module in the ';flexi'; port (the receiver port is free but I';m not sure if I can pre-fab a cable to utilise this!?!)
I';d kinda given up on the idea of OSD for my 250, I get some telemerty ,voltage, rssi etc shouted at me from my Taranis, as it was too much hassle to find a nice position for a GPS unit.
I am about to start a larger format build and I am definitely going to be wanting OSD with the Revo/GPS setup.

I might someday have a rummage throu cleanflight but it would have to be something seriously special to make me want to ditch the OP stuff.   

ched

Not sure but I think CleanFlight can have ';soft serial'; port on the normal rx input port! Come to think of it there is a setting in OP re the rx input port and configuring some of it as input. So it may be possible for you to have an extra port.

DRKX

WOW!
dunno if this helps you ched999uk, but it does me!  ~~

[attachimg=1]

ched

Nice one. Knew I had seen a diagram some where of rx port multi use. Well found.
Now I wonder if I can use ppm and osd on the rx port. Then I could use main for gps and flexi for bluetooth.
Interesting. I will have to have a play when my mini minimOSD and gps arrive. I will try and find out more info and post here.