Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 21:37:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Crius (Hobbyking) All In One Pro Throttle and Stability Problem

Started by Waltec, Wednesday,July 22, 2015, 16:52:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Waltec

I';m at s loss, looked all over... looking for expert advice now...I';ve got the subject board on a450 quad running multiwii 2.4 and Emax 20amp escs with the orange 615 receiver going ppm to the board. All seems good except that the throttle goes from idle spin to quad launching revs with just a slight stick movement. I';m forced to yoyo till I wrestle it to the ground. ESCs are calibrated but I don';t see where I can calibrated transmitter (Spektrum DX8). No matter what flight mode I';m in the quad is barely controllable as well as wants to spin left.

Any ideas? I';m something of an intermediate but not totally green, could there be a setting in code that is dictating that first stop out of idle is high revs or is it likely a PID issue or what??.  If anyone could help I';d much appreciate it. I';m seeing hints online this has happened to others but nothing conclusive.

If anyone has a smoking gun, I';m all ears!

Nic

guest325

Have a look on here,
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-B7PQy0joGrUjFmb2pSTFlqcWc&usp=sharing
in the Crius  AIOP folder are complete setups for that fc, I used 2.9 add ons when I had mine - it flew like a dream without any further tuning. This is megapirate  code so will need mission planner to be installed,  use the version on that site and don';t upgrade it or it won';t work. It would also help if you took a look at some of his videos on YouTube.

Waltec

Quote from: Nic on Wednesday,July 22, 2015, 20:25:37
Have you tried a new code? Is it using MultiWii code or?
Multiwii and megapirate do it.... I';ve thrown lots at it trying to get a solution.

Waltec

Quote from: DarrellW on Wednesday,July 22, 2015, 21:36:01
Have a look on here,
in the Crius  AIOP folder are complete setups for that fc, I used 2.9 add ons when I had mine - it flew like a dream without any further tuning. This is megapirate  code so will need mission planner to be installed,  use the version on that site and don';t upgrade it or it won';t work. It would also help if you took a look at some of his videos on YouTube.
DarrellW, I';ll give it a shot... Traveling at the moment so can';t follow up right away. Was going to try the 2.2 (i think) upload that Gaza07 put up ages ago thinking that perhaps he had coded out whatever is tripping me up. The idle spin to high revs with very little throttle movement is confusing me...I get the impression it is escalating stability "corrections" that are the issue but that';s really just a guess borne out of desperation.  Control theory and arduino are interests of mine but I';m new to both so I don';t fully understand or have much of an ability to troubleshoot/tune.

Waltec

Quote from: DarrellW on Wednesday,July 22, 2015, 21:36:01
Have a look on here,
When you say, 2.9 add ons, what does that mean?  For Megapirate I';ve only been able to use the flash tool successfully, when trying to use MP via arduino, and compile then upload I always get some error in the code that I don';t understand and can';t find a solution to on the interweb. That';s usually when I revert to the latest multiwii to see if I can get that to work.

I';m wondering if both  the latest (last?) MP and multiwii code have evolved past the Crius v1.1 and 2.0 (I have both) and simply won';t work.  I get the impression that developers have moved on past those boards.  That question has got me considering Gaza07s upload from long ago.

guest325

2.9 add ons was actually less code, it had any code related to sonar removed, this removed some of the load on the processor and made things more reliable.
Any code after 2.9 has the sonar code removed. You are correct in thinking that the developers have given up on this firmware now - it';s basically the same with APM boards so probably the best thing to do is use the latest code you can find. Peter King built my first multi and was really good for support - as you can see he still supports the older fc';s as well as the newer ones which is pretty useful and he doesn';t mind who uses his set ups.
I have never tried Multiwii code so can';t really help with anything related to it. At the moment i';m using KK2.1 minis, APM mini and Thunder QQ fc';s and have a Naze32 acro to have a play with, I like to keep thing as simple as possible  (simple means to me less to go wrong).
Hope you get it sorted one way or another, good luck!

Waltec

Quote from: DarrellW on Monday,July 27, 2015, 23:12:56
2.9 add ons was actually less code, it had any code related to sonar removed, this removed some of the load on the processor and made things more reliable.
Any code after 2.9 has the sonar code removed. You are correct in thinking that the developers have given up on this firmware now - it';s basically the same with APM boards so probably the best thing to do is use the latest code you can find. Peter King built my first multi and was really good for support - as you can see he still supports the older fc';s as well as the newer ones which is pretty useful and he doesn';t mind who uses his set ups.
I have never tried Multiwii code so can';t really help with anything related to it. At the moment i';m using KK2.1 minis, APM mini and Thunder QQ fc';s and have a Naze32 acro to have a play with, I like to keep thing as simple as possible  (simple means to me less to go wrong).
Hope you get it sorted one way or another, good luck!
I';ll go back a bit to see if I can get older code to work.  I think it';s something simple otherwise I';d see complaints on the internet, at least more consistent complaints.

This issue is the first time I can';t investigate my way to the fix which makes me think I';ve either put newer hardware where it expects older code or I';ve done something wrong in my hardware setup.

I like the idea of limited autopilot functionality with the aiop board and can';t accept that this isn';t working especially when I can get an APM 2.5 board working pretty well.

Thanks for the suggestions, I';ll run them. down when able.